This game...

IamtheDarkSide318
31 posts Member
edited April 2021
Can someone tell me why this game seems to be turning into just a game where if you don’t have a certain team then you won’t advance anywhere... as this game comes out with new characters all this nonsense seems to be is bonus turns on top of bonus turns...First Order, galactic republic, clones, Jedi revan...I mean jeez...how about something to counter these teams that get bonus turns repeatedly... I got 13 turns against a First Order team and counting the bonus turns they received 92....92!!! Cmon...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Well that’s typical with any collection game like this. You’re collecting characters and have factions bonuses, etc or even theory crafted teams that play on each other’s strengths.

As the game progresses there will be new teams that beat older ones and new characters to make old teams top tier again.

Every team has a counter. No one team is unbeatable. As a F2P you’re at a disadvantage keeping up im sure. It’s difficult for F2P to stay competitive. My advice would be either focus down on one or two teams at a time to build, or play for enjoyment and make the teams you like the most the best they can be.

As far as bonus TM and bonus moves there are ways around that. Specific characters can prevent bonus TM gain with their unique abilities like Hux for example when he has advantage
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    The name of the game is GL's right now. Rey can counter a FO SLKR squad pretty easily, as can JML. The thing with Rey is you probably won't use a full Resistance team. I regularly beat SLKR in arena with Rey, Hero Finn, GK, GAS, and JKR. I only finally got JKR and GAS to G13 in the past couple weeks. It really all depends on how SLKR's ultimate sorts out. I would say I win 80%+ of the time.

SLKR easily defeats SEE. I don't think I have lost a match yet in arena against a SEE team.

I'm 100% ftp and I'm on a old shard with whales galore. I can crack top 20, but not top 10. Arena is pretty competitive on my shard. Multiple GL's give a lot of flexibility. I really need to research a JML counter since he is generally holding the 20-30 spots in my arena. Getting close to unlock JML myself. Just down to relics on Mothma, Old Ben and R2.

SEE is a bit futher away, only have 4 of 15 done for him. I would assume he is the hard counter to JML since I see him a lot in arena too. Really prefer him to SLKR as an opponent. Easier win and SLKR seems to hold better on defense.

So, the OP, I would suggest GL Rey or JML. SLKR may go first if he is faster, but your GL will always have the second turn in that case. JML mops the floor with him (or at least from my experience trying to take out JML teams with SLKR). Rey can generally survive, it is all up to how ultimates fall. My typical match is:

SLKR stabs GAS. I lifeblood GK. Hux to SLKR, SLKR AOE. Hero Finn throws bomb, aim at ST instead of KRU. Rey lifeblood to GAS. FO attacks either GK or GAS. I mark Sith Trooper. GK cleanse. Rey whirlwind Sith Trooper and kills him. SLKR stuns either GK or GAS. Finn TM to Rey. Rey into ultimate. Generally SLKR follows into ultimate. Then I generally take out Hux and ST coming out of ultimate. From here is can be a crap shoot between keeping my team alive vs. a quick SLKR return to ultimate. Essentially you want to lifeblood Finn ASAP to keep him alive. Many matches end with Finn and Rey vs SLKR. You will need one whirlwind to kill KRU. Then it is just a matter of getting to ultimate while SLKR is vulnerable.
  • Thanks fellas for the accurate feed back. I personally run Sith. I understand what you guys are saying it makes sense but I wish they would make it a 50/50 chance on who goes first...some of these teams that when you’re attacking them like for the squad arena spot or any PvP slot. The defending team gets first attack, and sometimes? That’s literally all they need... sometimes I don’t even get a turn to respond and if I do? My team is so beat up that there’s no way I can win anyways. I get the teams that some are greater at countering like a padme team against geonosians. But I just think that if during pvp there should be a 50/50 chance on who goes first. Instead of the defending team AWAYS getting first strike.
  • I’m a relic 6 thrawn and relic 4 Tarken away from being able to do the Sith Eternal Emperor fights to unlock him. I want him mainly to move higher in the arena tiers and not have to worry about Jedi Revan teams, Sith teams and galactic republic teams anymore. He seems like the ultimate anti-Jedi Sith to have. Which is mainly what I have trouble with. Padme teams and Revan teams is what I have trouble with. JKR paired with Jo Lee and yoda wreck
    Me every time with there abilities to remove debuffs and stay alive. As well as I can’t get rid of their buffs as fast as they bring them back, especially with both teams with yoda and Padme. Sith Eternal should help me with both of those based on what I read on abilities and leadership attributes. My team is going to be Sith Eternal as leader with Darth Malak and Sith Triumvirate. What y’all think?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    [...] But I just think that if during pvp there should be a 50/50 chance on who goes first. Instead of the defending team AWAYS getting first strike.

That's not how it works. Speed determines how fast your turnmeter bar fills. Some specifik characters get a bonus turn at the beginning of the encounter. Some characters receive bonus turnmeter. But it all goes for the attacking and defending team alike. It's not a matter of defending or attacking.

You should try reading the kits of both your own team and the defending team as well as compare speeds to learn why they go first or last.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I got 13 turns against a First Order team and counting the bonus turns they received 92....92!!! Cmon...

Bonus turns or assists/counter attacks?

• Your roster and mods determine your enjoyment, for the most part. What is your ally code?