Territorial War and the amazingly BAD Matchmaking

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    GLs and other meta changes should not be a factor, as others have said. That has nothing to do with P2P in any level, many F2P have them and get them pretty quick too.

It doesn't matter who can get what and when, we are talking about one Team has X to offer and the other Y.

X & Y shouldn't be so far apart that resistance is futile. Thats all. To be honest, i don't care how the numbers come together. if Pepsi + Coke - Cookies = Fair Match, i'm fine with that.

But currently, it doesn't match. So maybe there has to be a change. Maaaaybe we are the only guild who faces such funny Sandbagges and we are really unlucky in that regard and everybody else is fine with it - well, then bad for us. But, i doubt that.

/salute
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Check the discussion. It's there.

Well, maybe then you should post it directly into this thread and not wild-quoting. But ok, lets put GL's on the table. ;)

I responded to what I quoted. Maybe you should understand - and not just read.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    [...]
    Number of galactic legends (or whatever the newest META characters are) should not be in the mix at all.
    Yes, how you build your roster matters. A guild with strong rosters deserve their advantage over the guild with weaker rosters (matching active GP and players).

I would go and agree with the "META" Characters-Part because that can change quite fast and often, but Legends flip the table. Easy.
    With such impact, yes, i think they should be in the formula.

GLs are the newest META characters. You're contradicting yourself.
    I have to say, i don't understand you... On a mental level. Isn't a Matchmaking-System in place to have a fair and balanced fight?
    Wouldn't you say that Legends are a gamechanger? And you want to ignore them?

Fair and balanced/even are two different things. It's unfair if guilds who built strong rosters can't benefit from their effort. It's unfair if guilds who built weak rosters are matched with weak opponents only while guilds who built strong rosters are matched with strong opponents only (matching active GP and number of participants). Why do you ignore the effort guilds and their individual members put into building strong rosters? Why do you prefer to punish them for their effort by giving the other strong opponents only? Why this unfairness?
    That depends on how you define "fix". I believe we define it in different ways. IMO a system that creates even matches only and eliminates the incentive to build your roster well is flawed.

Seems we have a different mindset here. I see it like in sports. You don't let Boys play against Men. You have weight-classes. You've got performance classes.

We have weight classes in SWGoH. Weight classes correspond to the matching by active GP. When you use performance classes in sports the classes compete for different rewards. In British football (soccer) the championship, medals and big money is won/earned in the Premier League - not The Championship or lower divisions. In TW we're all competing for the same rewards within each rewards bracket. Why should weaker guilds have easier access to the rewards?
    You'd avoid those types of mismatches by matching both active GP and number of participants.

Ah 2 Numbers, yeah, won't work. ;)
    The game started out as a "collect & fight", no pressure in what direction. Some people found out soon enough, that concentrating is the key for greater success and SWGOH changed the playfield even more in this direction. But there are still players here and there who enjoy the game with collecting and leveling the stuff they like and not what is the best and they also want to participate in all events. You do know, that you screw them hard?

You do realize that TW is a competitive game mode, right? The difference between rewards for a win and a loss are insignificant. It hardly makes any difference for your collection. It's all about the win itself.
    Post edited by Waqui on