AI Change?

Loce
194 posts Member
edited December 2015
Did anyone notice a change in the AI sequence? In GW I faced a chewy and Han (same team) and they staggered their taunt. Then the next fight chewy didn't taunt till his second turn.

Replies

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I might be crazy but the order definitely seemed different
  • Options
    I've noticed that the AI is a bit smarter now. It will focus healers and low health characters as well as heal a teeny bit more appropriately. Not gonna lie, this is something I'm excited about. Hard to say really though with only my personal anecdotal evidence.
  • Options
    Last night han and chewy both used their taunt at the same round. I guess it is rang again ?
  • Options
    Lol. I know I'm over reacting. It was just very wierd. I always attack chewy first cuz I know he is going to taunt. I hit him until he is just about dead (before his turn, which he should taunt), and all of the sudden Han taunts. Nothing is crazy yet cuz they always taunt together. I expect chewy to taunt next. But he doesn't, he shoots my bariss with a basic attack. Then Chewy taunts the move after Hans taunt runs out!
    Lol, I don't blame anyone for making fun of me, but it was just so out of the norm.
  • Options
    It's true. All of it.
  • Options
    They are also focusing more 1 at a time than spreading their attack too in GW and arena I noticed the last 2 days. It is fun in arena I was bared walking through in no time flat with all my squad still standing. They focus on the "Threat" as well. They went Sid first(leader, 5* epic gear) to Ventress (5* epic gear) Despite having Lum and Maul there at 5* just under epic gear and Lando at 4* just under epic. Also if you hit a big AOE they change target. Like I hit DD earlier and struck gold Crit hitting all 5 killing Dooku and Daka all others to yellow and he was their only target after.
  • Options
    I don't know about advanced AI boosts like what you're talking about, staggering taunts is a pretty high level strategy considering what the AI has been like so far.

However, I have noticed that the AI is focus firing much more than before. It's no longer a spray and pray, they do go for low HP characters and jump on them as a team. Definitely an improvement.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I have noticed that the reason Han and Chewy staggered taunts was because I was able to do enough DMG fast enough (by upgrading Lumi) that chewy self healed instead of taunting. He had enough health by the time Han's taunt ended, so he taunted. Itnwas just one of those things. I have also noticed that the AI is "focus firing". But I was also the guy that thought the AI staggered taunts. So take that for what it is I guess
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have noticed some focusing but the AI is also making Talia heal when I focus her and she is the only one below 80% hp, and it brings her down to 1 sometimes. Also when I am autoing an easy win finished, Chewie will taunt even though the opponent has 0% chance of killing anybody I have alive, and I can't auto DS matchups if I am trying to 3 star it because the stormtrooper will taunt with middling health and suicide for no reason.

So all in all the AI IQ is now about 80 when it was 75
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    AI is a misnomer. If you play your cards right you can bait 3 heals in one turn.
  • Options
    The AI does have a lot of room for improvement but to do this adequately will take a lot of time and effort not just on improving the AI algorithm, but adjusting the hero balance to match. Small tweaks like what we've noticed now are best because it won't tip the balance scale too quickly resulting in a massive outcry.
  • Options
    I know over a week ago the AI started to focus fire on things that were low on health.. But over the past day or so I noticed the AI seem to want to take out your healers a lot more frequently. Which isn't a huge problem if you can use light sided characters, but a royal pain in the rear if you are doing dark side battles as there is a lack of decent healers and tanks...

In the Arena and Galactic war that Barriss is less likely to use her heal if the low health target has healing immunity on it... It seems that way but I can't be certain. In the past if a target has low health regardless of whether it had healing immunity on it or not, Barriss will fire the heal.

That said the Jedi consular and Luminara still tend to fire and waste their heals on targets with low health which have the healing immunity debuff on them
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!