What's next?

Kiaowew
108 posts Member
edited April 2021
Do you get that feeling that the game is stagnant? We seem to get new BB characters, but it's not enough. 2-3 characters per month is really not enough for such a game. Apart from conquest which is nothing new, we don't get anything new to the game which could be something interesting. My next question is, can we expect anything bigger yet? The new gl pair should have been announced by now, it was supposed to be road ahead in April and something as Crumb wrote it was supposed to be on April 21, and by this time nothing is happening in the game. Big shame for cg for the wasted 4 months of 2021.

Replies

• 2-3 toon a month is definitely enough! It has been much worse a time ago.

But they need to create nice kits and nice teams and interactions. and they need to test them. that needs a ton of time. and we need to farm them (perhaps free2play), so yeah 2-3 is enough!

And we got a big thing lately - the new conquest! i love them and love play and try stuff out! Enjoy it too. Its a game for free (for most people) and for this, the new content is great!

But i admit: We need new legends and a new meta! and a road ahead would be nice too
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They changed the way the RA and SoTG work and stated they will not be on a set schedule, so they don't owe us an RA, until they have something to announce.

There is no set cadence for GLs, so again there is nothing they should do with regards to this until they have something to announce.

We are still in the later stages of the Conquest release and there was the unexpected issue that needed some attention. Also, how is that not new?

Yes things are coming, and they are working on a RA, but have not released it yet.

About the # of characters a month, that feeling will differ depending on where you are in the game, I'm sure there are many who are ok with a slower pace for a bit to help catch up.
  • How is Conquest not new?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    How is Conquest not new?

To use a typical forum analogy, a hamburger and an ice cream cone are both foods.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the rewards, which are very weak anyway, not many people would play it....

this is wrong. again: I play it because i love it! i love the idea of the data disks, overpowered enemies and try some weak teams! and i know a lot of players only in my guild, who loves to play it too
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    How is Conquest not new?

Same scheme and virtually minimal new data disks. You defeat your opponent, make feats and use date drives which is something we haven't had in the game before. The format for such upgrades during combat has been tried before in tw and galactic challenges.

I'm looking forward to your new game mode design.

Most people have really liked it, which is generally not seen here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    How is Conquest not new?

Same scheme and virtually minimal new data disks. You defeat your opponent, make feats and use date drives which is something we haven't had in the game before. The format for such upgrades during combat has been tried before in tw and galactic challenges.

Same scheme as what? There’s no other game mode at all similar. What other game mode are you using disks in? You point out a few similarities to other game modes, but overall it’s a completely new game mode.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Moff_Mymeds
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I feel like the Imperial Remnants and Mandolarion factions could have gone somewhere before they moved onto Bad Batch. I think the game could benefit from a more enthusiastic approach, like augmenting very slow marquee rollouts with the odd solid rework, or checking if whoever is in charge of developing Fleets is even still alive,

Last time I was getting super frustrated with this games lack of new stuff they reworked Vader adding Merciless Massaacre, and I was pulled back in, I'm still excited every time I slaughter sqaud with him. (Maybe it's time to give Mace a chance?)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I feel like the Imperial Remnants and Mandolarion factions could have gone somewhere before they moved onto Bad Batch. I think the game could benefit from a more enthusiastic approach, like augmenting very slow marquee rollouts with the odd solid rework, or checking if whoever is in charge of developing Fleets is even still alive,

Last time I was getting super frustrated with this games lack of new stuff they reworked Vader adding Merciless Massaacre, and I was pulled back in, I'm still excited every time I slaughter sqaud with him. (Maybe it's time to give Mace a chance?)

Part of their issue is having to time things with movie/show releases etc. I'm sure their parent companies dictate a lot of that.

Also, what makes one person happy isn't necessarily what the next person wants. Can't please everyone at once.
  • "what makes one person happy isn't necessarily what the next person wants. Can't please everyone at once"

Slow down, Nietzsche. :D
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    "what makes one person happy isn't necessarily what the next person wants. Can't please everyone at once"

Slow down, Nietzsche. :D

Sorry if that was too deep for ya

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gascharack wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the rewards, which are very weak anyway, not many people would play it....

this is wrong. again: I play it because i love it! i love the idea of the data disks, overpowered enemies and try some weak teams! and i know a lot of players only in my guild, who loves to play it too

I don't even want to believe it. In the future it will be like galactic war where everyone will do it out of habit, not pleasure.

Dont start down that path, GW was a great game mode until they nerfed the difficulty. I still wish I could play that one at the level it was when it was hard.