Economy Question

Jedi_Rework
27 posts Member
edited April 2021
Why is it that 2+2 does not equal 4. I have noticed this for about a year and no one has brought it up.
Basically I feel like I am being shafted by your coding. Because when I win a battle for incomplete signal data, and other things including shards, I am supposed to be rewarded 2.wavvtyuwtk27.jpg

However my reward is an odd number. Now if we are supposed to be rewarded 2 then the resulting reward should always be an even number or a multiple of 2. But in game it is not
elfoqk9b3yha.jpg

So why are the rewards incorrect?

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    You can get UP TO 2 signal data per sim / battle,

The gear and signal data shown in nodes are the maximum possible drop you can get, worst case being 0
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    2 is the max possible reward, not a guaranteed payout.
  • Additionally, in this reward structure the cantina tokens are multiples of 28 which is the reward. So why is there a different structure for how we are supposed to understand the in game economy?
  • I understand why people think it means up to 2. However that is not the stated reward especially when you compare it to the cantina tokens. When it says 28 tokens the reward is always a multiple of 28. So why not the same for incomplete signal data.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    I understand why people think it means up to 2. However that is not the stated reward especially when you compare it to the cantina tokens. When it says 28 tokens the reward is always a multiple of 28. So why not the same for incomplete signal data.

People "think it means up to 2" because it does. Possible drops are 0, 1 or 2 for each battle or sim.
  • But the reward doesn't provide a range. This is why comparing it to the cantina tokens is important. If this means 0,1,or 2, then cantina tokens means 0-28. But that is not how the computer tracks it. When the reward says a specific number it should be that specific number not a range.

• But the reward doesn't provide a range. This is why comparing it to the cantina tokens is important. If this means 0,1,or 2, then cantina tokens means 0-28. But that is not how the computer tracks it. When the reward says a specific number it should be that specific number not a range.
    - this has been mentioned many times before
    - Yes, it is potentially confusing
    - But most people figure out it shows the max drop rather than guaranteed drop
  • It comes down too the class/type of item.

For Example:

Shards, Gear, Ability Mats all = 0-Max

Coins, Tokens, Training Doids = Flat Listed Amount.

Or something like that.