[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Another vote for any placements for anyone going down being bad. Every single one of my opponents has both GET2 Cap ships maxed. Since they all have at least 2 GLs, most have at least 2 more strong fleets. It's absurd to lower us to 1 fleet. Right now we have an interesting choice of how many GET2 fleets to place on defense. Instead fleet will be mindless. (For reference I'm 6.2m GP).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    One explanation to why they don’t just add more divisions to the existing ones instead of doing this overly complicated recalibrating is simply that they don’t have the player base to support more divisions :(

That must be it, we are getting down to the last 88 people playing the game. ;)
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    A person with 3 mil GP used to be able to use 6 teams but now they can only use 4 making it a waste to have a balanced roster with many decent teams. I wasted all my time rounding out my teams and it will take me 3 more million GP just to use the same amount of teams i could before.
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    In my opinion this is the worst update to ever come to swgoh because it only helps the big whales and is screwing the smaller players over
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ztoe13 wrote: »
    In my opinion this is the worst update to ever come to swgoh because it only helps the big whales and is screwing the smaller players over

How so?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    read the comments before
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    read the comments before

What does that have to do with whales?
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    A person with 3 mil GP used to be able to use 6 teams but now they can only use 4 making it a waste to have a balanced roster with many decent teams. I wasted all my time rounding out my teams and it will take me 3 more million GP just to use the same amount of teams i could before.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member

Again, what does that have to do with whales?
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    read the comments before

it only lets people with higher GP use more teams than they used to, everyone else gets less. If you have over 7.8 mil GP then you are a whale

• Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited April 2021

Same here, except at 2.7 mil I'm dropping all the way to *three* teams. I hate it because there are a bunch of lower level squads that I basically only get to use in GAC which would basically get put on the shelf permanently with this change.

Plus I've been really looking forward to using two fleets (I wish there was more fleet content) but now with the new GP requirements I'm like 2 years away from being able to do that.
  • Ztoe13 wrote: »
    read the comments before

it only lets people with higher GP use more teams than they used to, everyone else gets less. If you have over 7.8 mil GP then you are a whale
    That’s not what makes someone a whale. There are plenty whales with 4,5,6M GP as well.
  • Ztoe13 wrote: »
    read the comments before

While that’s usually true, you don’t have to be an Uber whale. People who hoard and dirty bloat the roster for TB or GP, and are day one players aren’t necessarily big spenders.

Your main point though is kind of diluting the overall issue. This isn’t the fault of the whales but CG’s lack of foresight; or refusal to have any. Whichever you think honestly lol
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    read the comments before

That’s not what makes someone a whale. There are plenty whales with 4,5,6M GP as well.

I know mate but 4,5,6, and 7 are all getting benefitted but the lower GPs are getting screwed. More people are whales in the higher Gps than the lower
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    i have nothing against people who spend a lot of money on the game but the problem is that it seems CG is gatewalling everything behind money
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ka3h0-7erAM
    he explains better than me
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    deleted
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

oh you watched a youtube video, now i get it
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    read the comments before

While that’s usually true, you don’t have to be an Uber whale. People who hoard and dirty bloat the roster for TB or GP, and are day one players aren’t necessarily big spenders.

Your main point though is kind of diluting the overall issue. This isn’t the fault of the whales but CG’s lack of foresight; or refusal to have any. Whichever you think honestly lol

It’s a total lack of foresight, and the clarifications we’ve had directly from Crumb / Doja and indirectly via Kyno prove that.

It took about a page of comments before Crumb / Doja even understood what people were referring to with promotion rewards. Then Doja’s clarification made it totally clear that they hadn’t even considered them as an issue.

And when kyno told us that the 2 fleets only in new div 1&2 was what the devs always intended, it honestly sounds like he asked them if they wanted rice or fries with their meal. The only way they could claim that this was always what they’d intended, is if they hadn’t figured out what they’d intended in the first place and just flipped a coin.
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    deleted

the issue isn’t uneven matchups, its that lower GPs
    get to use way less teams.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    deleted

the issue isn’t uneven matchups, its that lower GPs
    get to use way less teams.

So GAC is ruined now. Ok.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    One explanation to why they don’t just add more divisions to the existing ones instead of doing this overly complicated recalibrating is simply that they don’t have the player base to support more divisions :(

Playing the game...No
    Playing GAC...yes

I am seeing more and more people stuck in carbonite at the end of recent GAC’s. They may join but don’t participate.
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member

you don’t have to be rude, i am sharing this small youtuber’s opinion which i agree with

• Kyno wrote: »

Oh god! I hope not, that would mean I’d be stuck on this forum with these people for the rest of my time :smiley:
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

you don’t have to be rude, i am sharing this small youtuber’s opinion which i agree with

The youtuber is being overly dramatic for views.
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member

what’s your gp my guy?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

what’s your gp my guy?

Unlike many others you can easily google TVF's account.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    my ingame name isn’t the same as my name on here
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

what’s your gp my guy?

Unlike many others you can easily google TVF's account.

You can also chat with me on Discord!
  • Ztoe13
    14 posts Member
    im good