[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Options
    Konju wrote: »

GAC does take a lot of time for minimal rewards imo. I don’t enjoy it (and haven’t for quite some time; more Conquest please, new raid please), but I still participate because some rewards are better than none. That’s it.

We will see if the new changes requiring more time (for higher divisions) for the same rewards will drive player engagement more or less soon enough.

It does take a lot of time, true. But rewards are decently good if you win. 3-0 for a week is enough currency to buy 35 Kyrotech and 1.25 6e mod upgrades worth of materials. Getting Kyber in higher divisions is 30 stun guns and 400 crystals.

For an individual game mode, it is solid rewards. HSTR and TB have insanely good rewards but they are(were) guild wide efforts (obviously HSTR can be soloed now but not when it was newer).

GAC if you are going 0-3 or 1-2 most of the weeks I don't think rewards are great. And by all means, if you don't like it you don't have to focus on it. But the rewards aren't bad per se.

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

GAC does take a lot of time for minimal rewards imo. I don’t enjoy it (and haven’t for quite some time; more Conquest please, new raid please), but I still participate because some rewards are better than none. That’s it.

We will see if the new changes requiring more time (for higher divisions) for the same rewards will drive player engagement more or less soon enough.

It does take a lot of time, true. But rewards are decently good if you win. 3-0 for a week is enough currency to buy 35 Kyrotech and 1.25 6e mod upgrades worth of materials. Getting Kyber in higher divisions is 30 stun guns and 400 crystals.

For an individual game mode, it is solid rewards. HSTR and TB have insanely good rewards but they are(were) guild wide efforts (obviously HSTR can be soloed now but not when it was newer).

GAC if you are going 0-3 or 1-2 most of the weeks I don't think rewards are great. And by all means, if you don't like it you don't have to focus on it. But the rewards aren't bad per se.

One thing I forget is that not everyone (not saying you) gets top arena rewards on a daily basis where in a week I could get 6300 crystals (I don’t because I share payout times so 725-900 daily) and purchase 225 Kyros if I wanted. I spend those crystal rewards on energy refreshes etc, but it is possible to do so much better from regular arena in comparison to GAC. If I have to choose where to really invest my time, it will be arena all day.

I am also happy for those who enjoy GAC. I am excited to stop seeing 4GLs and 1M GP disadvantages when I am at 5.85M GP with 2 GLs (shame on me for wanting more CRancor teams). I am hopeful the changes will help my engagement in GAC, but the fact remains that it will take more time for the same rewards as now.
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Are the changes applying this season? I, as a currently division 1 and future division 2 player, am looking forward to it. I like very much the idea of setting more teams in defense.

However, I ackowledge that people in lower divisions are going to set LESS teams and that sucks! Hopefully they will take this into account and correct it.

Also, is the next GAC again a dreadful 3v3?
  • Options
    I’m not sure if this has been addressed, but will the new Division 3 require one or two fleets on defense?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    SCCH wrote: »

Also, is the next GAC again a dreadful 3v3?

Correct, except for the dreadful part.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’m not sure if this has been addressed, but will the new Division 3 require one or two fleets on defense?

Currently 1, unless we get an announcement about it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

You have no knowledge whether it can happen or not for the next one? Just playing it safe if it doesn't happen?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

You have no knowledge whether it can happen or not for the next one? Just playing it safe if it doesn't happen?

Last we spoke I was told they were on pace to keep the outlined schedule, but with an updated plan. So I am expecting a different change, but not sure since they have not put out a post of a new plan.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Last we spoke I was told they were on pace to keep the outlined schedule, but with an updated plan. So I am expecting a different change, but not sure since they have not put out a post of a new plan.

Saw this on the SWGOH events Discord:

3284htshphzm.jpg
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    So, game updated and Ingame notice, but where are the details?
  • SlipperyPete
    128 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    RTS wrote: »
    So, game updated and Ingame notice, but where are the details?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245470/content-update-05-26-2021#latest
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    My alt goes from one fleet to two. Dislike.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Happy to see that they took our feedback and made changes, but it seems like a huge leap to lower the new threshold for 2 fleets from a whopping 6.65 mil GP to 3.1 mil GP. Doesn't really affect me either way, I just really wonder what happened to make them change their minds so drastically as to when players should be able to field 4 total fleet squads
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks cg for keeping 2 fleets on def.
  • Options
    Not a big fan of this change. Too many fights required.
  • Options
    Looks like either the points needed for Kyber are the same before and after or the same graphic got cut and pasted twice in the announcement.
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Points to reach kyber is a few thousand points less for me 😳
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Deleted.
  • Options
    passing on thanks for considering feedback. gac division changes were needed, and nice to see it could be tweaked a bit so no one loses teams or fleets on defense for same GP level. great adjustment.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    @PrimeForce it's not. The divisions have different GP thresholds now so even though the points in the boxes are the same, they correspond to a new lower GP starting point.

I used to be Div #1 but now I'm Div #4 so my points to go to Kyber went from the bottom box to the fourth from the bottom. 37,600 down to 32,500.
  • Options
    Right. But the # of teams went up in division 1. So the points needed to make Kyber should go up. In fact they did in the original announcement. But in this announcement the number of points needed for the division (not the player) didn't change.
  • Options
    PrimeForce wrote: »
    Right. But the # of teams went up in division 1. So the points needed to make Kyber should go up. In fact they did in the original announcement. But in this announcement the number of points needed for the division (not the player) didn't change.

This. It's clearly incorrect, they even mention in the announcement that points will go up to account for the additional combats.
    I'm sure this will be clarified before next GAC, and anyway it's not something that should affect any planning, so no big deal.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Agreed. 3.1 seems a little early compared to the previous 3.8.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Perfect. This is one issue I've been advocating for long and loving the outcome.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for restoring the two fleets <3
  • Options
    I'm glad that all my fleet farming hasn't gone to waste.
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

my alt needs to build up more ships, it seems. not thrilled about that.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

I've definitely been looking forward to starting to set 2 fleets once I had grown my roster/GP some (I love fleet), but I wasn't quite prepared to do it immediately. Still, beggars can't be choosers and since a higher % of my GP is fleet (BEFORE unlocking Negotiator...like 5 more shards!) it probably benefits me more than most of my GAC opponents. Maybe my Endurance "fleet" will catch someone off guard on defense 😂.

This is definitely better than if they had jacked the GP requirement way up like was originally announced.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

You could've developed 4 fleets by now.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg