[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Why wouldn’t they handle this change like they did with the new threshold’s and additional rewards in TW? Another strange half-wit change.
  • Imagine you are 2.5kk player using 6+6 teams in grand arena. Now you will get downgraded to division8 with 3+3 teams? Wth. Im going to use 20% of my collection? 3 fights and thats it ?
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    This also still doesn't fix the root problem, it just kicks it down the road another 12-18 months and we're back in the same positions where the majority of players are in the top few divisions. Rosters and maximum GP are always increasing in size.
    Post edited by EgoSlayer on
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    That doesn't justify reducing rewards (if that's actually happening, still very unclear). If you want to argue that you should get increased rewards, I'll listen. Nothing should be taken away from anyone.
    Rewards are based on the league you reach. Your Division does not impact your rewards.

CG_SBCrumb Your division impacts your rewards for league promotions. My alt gets less rewards for reaching kyber in div 4 than my main does in div 1. After this change my main changes from div 1 to div 3. Will my rewards for league promotions be reduced to the current div 3 levels?
    [/quote]

@TVF I could be wrong but I believe he is referring to the final reward, which doesn't depends on div, just league
  • Drag0nDances
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    So a 3m GP account going from D4 to D8 is going from setting SIX squads on defense to THREE??? How does that make any sense at all?
    For lower GP players, GAC used to reward roster depth and now it will just be another squad arena... ugh
  • Superpotts
    18 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    You're shifting 500k mismatches from the top divisions where people can sort of live with it with good mods etc. To the bottom divisions where there will be fundamental differences in time spent, character unlock opportunities and mod farms.
  • Did some poking around, I think League Promotion Rewards can be found here:

https://heist-hero.github.io/feats/

Different only in Gear, but still quite different.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Does anyone have the current Rank Promotion (Carbonite->Bronzium, etc) rewards?

I remember that you aren't losing out a lot, so i think its not a big deal for dropping to div 3 from div 1

You are getting like 5 stun gun salvage less per month for being in div 2 vs div 1 or so

No one should lose anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Gurken wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    That doesn't justify reducing rewards (if that's actually happening, still very unclear). If you want to argue that you should get increased rewards, I'll listen. Nothing should be taken away from anyone.
    Rewards are based on the league you reach. Your Division does not impact your rewards.

CG_SBCrumb Your division impacts your rewards for league promotions. My alt gets less rewards for reaching kyber in div 4 than my main does in div 1. After this change my main changes from div 1 to div 3. Will my rewards for league promotions be reduced to the current div 3 levels?

TVF I could be wrong but I believe he is referring to the final reward, which doesn't depends on div, just league[/quote]

That's not the part that's in question though.
  • Gurken wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I believe he is referring to the final reward, which doesn't depends on div, just league

(Trying to atone for Crumb’s quote atrocity)

Really? That would be an odd thing to refer to, when people are clearly asking about the promotion rewards, which do depend on division.
  • Falco3 wrote: »
    So it says end of event rewards will stay the same. We need clarification on what that means.

If I'm in Div 1 now but get bumped to Div 5, am I receiving the same Div 5 rewards? Or the same rewards I was receiving in Div 1 now that I'm in Div 5?

Very different results...CG?

End of season rewards look the same across divisions. 5500 currency for first place kyber. didn't check all of them, ofc.

• Falco3 wrote: »
    So it says end of event rewards will stay the same. We need clarification on what that means.

If I'm in Div 1 now but get bumped to Div 5, am I receiving the same Div 5 rewards? Or the same rewards I was receiving in Div 1 now that I'm in Div 5?

Very different results...CG?

End of season rewards look the same across divisions. 5500 currency for first place kyber. didn't check all of them, ofc.
    Yes, this has long been established. The promotion rewards are not the same across divisions though, which is what we’re asking about.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I could be wrong but I believe he is referring to the final reward, which doesn't depends on div, just league

Really? That would be an odd thing to refer to, when people are clearly asking about the promotion rewards, which do depend on division.

Crumb's post is about league ranking

Aka rewards you get for rank 1 kyber, rank 2-10 kyber, etc

The conversation has shifted to league promotion, and he hasn't addressed that part (nor quoted anyone talking about it) and I don't think its atonement, but people in this thread are misunderstanding what he's talking about with what they want them to talk about
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member

Yah I agree but his answer makes sense if that's what he's referring to
  • Ultra wrote: »

The conversation has shifted to league promotion, and he hasn't addressed that part (nor quoted anyone talking about it) and I don't think its atonement, but people in this thread are misunderstanding what he's talking about with what they want them to talk about
    By atonement I was referring to Crumb failing to quote properly, that’s all.
  • Great change, confusing post.

Can we get a straightforward chart of Defensive ships/squads required in the new division system. 3s and 5s.

Right now it is confusing a huge number of folks. Like ships unchanged? For New D2? Or old D2?

A straightforward listing of teams on D under the new breakdown would be dramatically appreciated.
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    792 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Great change, confusing post.

Can we get a straightforward chart of Defensive ships/squads required in the new division system. 3s and 5s.

Right now it is confusing a huge number of folks. Like ships unchanged? For New D2? Or old D2?

A straightforward listing of teams on D under the new breakdown would be dramatically appreciated.

• Honestly no one really cares too much of the minimal differences in the rewards. We play GAC for the roster challenge and the fair even matches. These changes will reduce roster depth and promote focus on less squads and also reduce the number of well balanced matches for most of the divisions.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

The atonement part relates to the fact that he messed up the quote format in his first post and all replies (including mine) have made it increasingly difficult to tell who said what.
  • So a 3m GP account going from D4 to D8 is going from setting SIX squads on defense to THREE??? How does that make any sense at all?
    For lower GP players, GAC used to reward roster depth and now it will just be another squad arena... ugh

THIS ... Im 2.5 going from 12 teams to 6 .... This is totally stupid? Must be a mistake
  • I do like the idea of expanding the leagues out, I've been in d1 for a bit and I'm quite sick of being matched against opponents with 1.5-2mil gp on me every single round, even if the majority of that is just bloat.

That being said, I very much do not like either the idea of everyone who isn't above 7.8mil gp losing rewards, or ending up taking a step back on defense placement.
    Nobody should be placing less squads and fighting less squads than they were before, even though their division is changing. That does make a difference besides points, since you do get credits for beating teams in GAC, and some people do actually need credits.
    Also, the league promotion rewards are the main source of rewards for GAC, as the final standings reward is really only GAC currency, so reducing them for most players seems really unfair.

Now I don't want to assume that players are getting pushed down leagues but the leagues will be remaining the same, since we haven't gotten any official response on that yet. That being said, if that was the plan, I strongly disagree with it, and I think it makes a lot more sense to expand outwards from the current layout, as opposed to pushing back. Even assuming you want to keep the same number of divisions, the current base layout for each division should be shifted along with the gp changes. It won't fit perfectly, but it's a hell of a lot better than doing nothing.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Finally!!
    Happy with this changes!
    Now this 4.5-6m accounts will play in separate divisions
    It was disgusting when 5m players played in same division as 8m players
  • Superpotts
    18 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    My suggestion/plea is to retain a gradual increase in GP bands for each division. Maybe account for the new shard drops rate that will accelerate GP growth but the gear isn't there to really help that growth yet.

Do a tweak to what we currently have and add some more divisions above div 1. Please don't say you're trying to stick to 11 divisions because it's too hard to change the structure in the code. If you're worried about numbers just go Champions Division and Premier Division like football in England.
  • If I understand things matchmaking will be calculated the same way and this change is just for eliminating huge GP discrepancies?

I'm excited to play with the extra teams, this is a change I'm very glad to see.
  • This sounded sooo good...

But seems like it's very unclear
    A chart of the defensive squads and fleets needed for each division would've been more helpful than the "Add 1 to defensive squad"

Also, I just entered OLD division 1, and with this I will end up on NEW division 5

What happens with the PROMOTION rewards, we all know the LEAGUE rewards are the same, but promotion ones are a HUGE deal

Basically, people like me, are losing one entire stun gun per month if you can reach Kyber, and is not like this game gives you tons of gear to begin with...

PLEASE tell me we're getting promotion rewards shuffles aswell

IMHO, you could've solved this problem better by creating more divisions instead of shuffling the player base
  • why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I like the more squads per division, since i haven't been able to fully utilize my roster anymore or do any feats since there are more meta teams than what can be us

It will kill me completely. I'm already totally bled bone dry, I don't HAVE 3 more squads to put on D, especially not in 3v3. That's insane.

• If I understand things matchmaking will be calculated the same way and this change is just for eliminating huge GP discrepancies?

I'm excited to play with the extra teams, this is a change I'm very glad to see.

Yes but the GP discrepancies should be considered as relative discrepancies.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!
    Are you reading the posts?

Why should someone who last week earned div 1 promotion rewards suddenly be earning div 4 promotion rewards, which are lower?

Are you honestly defending that?
  • Drag0nDances
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2021

Now I don't want to assume that players are getting pushed down leagues but the leagues will be remaining the same, since we haven't gotten any official response on that yet. That being said, if that was the plan, I strongly disagree with it, and I think it makes a lot more sense to expand outwards from the current layout, as opposed to pushing back. Even assuming you want to keep the same number of divisions, the current base layout for each division should be shifted along with the gp changes. It won't fit perfectly, but it's a hell of a lot better than doing nothing.

So well said! Why are early/mid game players being punished to allow for more end game divisions?

I think more end game divisions is FANTASTIC. 4.5m+ is a huge variance!

But why mess with everything below 4.5m?