[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Boomer8800 wrote: »
    why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!

Why would I (having the best rewards alredy on the first division) should get rewarded with less now? I've not change a thing! They have, instead, increase the rewards on the >6M GP divisions, not decrease the alredy existing ones
  • Love how this means more work, yet same rewards. What is it with CG’s fascination of continuing to give outdated rewards with increasing the amount of work needed to get the same outdated rewards as before? Do better CG, do better
  • Samurhaj wrote: »
    So a 3m GP account going from D4 to D8 is going from setting SIX squads on defense to THREE??? How does that make any sense at all?
    For lower GP players, GAC used to reward roster depth and now it will just be another squad arena... ugh

THIS ... Im 2.5 going from 12 teams to 6 .... This is totally stupid? Must be a mistake

I don't think this is the case, since the amount of points to promote to another league are still the same, so no changes for those divisions, while the "new" divisions DO have changes in the promotion points. sorry if I'm not really clear, english is not my main language blah blah...

For example:
    Take a look at kyber 3v3 div 7.
    Before 28500, now 28500
    which is different from kyber 3v3 div 6 (which is getting an extra squad)
    Before 33000, now 34800
    why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!
    Are you reading the posts?

Why should someone who last week earned div 1 promotion rewards suddenly be earning div 4 promotion rewards, which are lower?

Are you honestly defending that?

Yup cause more than likely you shouldn't have been up there in the first place, cause if you did you wont be changing

• And thats only my cause ... Beginning of Division that will have 3kk players inside. And they will use 3+3 teams? Thats like 600k GP used of 3kk thats not grand arena thats just arena
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett Apologies, maybe I missed it, but can you please post the reward table for all divisions, all leagues? I think that would answer a lot of questions and then help players decide whether or not something seems wrong or unfair. Thanks in advance.
  • Jade_Wolf
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    That doesn't justify reducing rewards (if that's actually happening, still very unclear). If you want to argue that you should get increased rewards, I'll listen. Nothing should be taken away from anyone.
    Rewards are based on the league you reach. Your Division does not impact your rewards.

I'll personally be moving from division 2 to division 5, i'll be missing out on 30* stun guns a gac from feats due to league promotions (+some other things)
  • I think that's the least of the problems with this new system...
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Boomer8800 wrote: »

Why should someone who last week earned div 1 promotion rewards suddenly be earning div 4 promotion rewards, which are lower?

Yup cause more than likely you shouldn't have been up there in the first place, cause if you did you wont be changing
    https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

I’ve been in division 1 since GAC started.

Glad to know I no longer deserve to be there, and haven’t deserved all the promotion rewards I’ve received.

But I guess you’ll be alright, so it’s all fine.

(Locates ignore button)

Edit: ironically, I notice I’ve earned 1 more set of promotion rewards than you. Yet it’s me that doesn’t deserve top promotion rewards.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Did some poking around, I think League Promotion Rewards can be found here:

https://heist-hero.github.io/feats/

Different only in Gear, but still quite different.

I guess I didn't really need those stun cuffs anyway...

Lol so the only people who are where they deserve to be are they bottom tier currently and the new Div 1. Because literally everyone else is moving division down.

Glad to know I no longer deserve to be there, and haven’t deserved all the promotion rewards I’ve received.

(Locates ignore button)

I see a lot of meta toons you can level & relic up to get that 500K in GP you need to stay in D1 ,
  • Well for me its the biggest problem. I always loved gac because its like chess. Complex duel with lot of different figures. Now they deleted half of them for me.
  • Zetre
    14 posts Member
    Finally something for the people keeping the lights on. I wonder how many P2P are getting moved down a division?

(Locates ignore button)

I see a lot of meta toons you can level & relic up to get that 500K in GP you need to stay in D1 ,
    So I can play with people who have poorer GAC records than I do? Score!

But we already moved up, now we're getting moved back down again. 13 stun cuffs per season isn't a ton, but when you need every stun cuffs you can get your hands on losing that reward for no reason makes no sense.

The huge reduction in squads also sucks for people who were building their roster based on having to place like twice as many squads. Now I'm going to get blasted by people with no roster depth because half of my roster just became irrelevant.
  • they should add some 6D-A mod gear rewards to the higher divisions really incentivize it
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I believe this is the breakdown.

Edited: fixed the chart.

edo7fpmqw081.png
  • Why are you guys wasting time appealing to Boomer on this issue. He's made his position clear. I assume he understands yours. He just doesn't agree with you.

I would, however, like to hear what one of the CG employees thinks about this. Was it an oversight? Is it intentional?
  • Zetre wrote: »
    Finally something for the people keeping the lights on. I wonder how many P2P are getting moved down a division?

Literally everyone from 600k through 7.79 million are getting moved down...
  • Acymetric wrote: »

But we already moved up, now we're getting moved back down again. 13 stun cuffs per season isn't a ton, but when you need every stun cuffs you can get your hands on losing that reward for no reason makes no sense.

The huge reduction in squads also sucks for people who were building their roster based on having to place like twice as many squads. Now I'm going to get blasted by people with no roster depth because half of my roster just became irrelevant.
    I don’t know if there really is a reduction in squads. I think the CG standard model of poor and unclear communication has hit new heights on that one.

But never mind people who have moved up - Boomer reckons someone like me who has been in div1 since GAC started “deserve” to get lower promotion rewards now. For reasons.
  • I think that for the vast majority of players GAC just got worse.

3/4 of players currently in division one will be moved down divisions to where only one fleet will be used. Yawn. May as well not have fleets at all because everyone will always be able to clear that in one shot guaranteed probably with 68+ banners.

A lot of players are going to get moved down to where they use less teams than right now, whatever division they are in. That means seeing less teams, so less possible variety of fights.

And lastly, it seems, for the work you have put in right now, you will get less promotion rewards.

Wow, great changes guys.
  • We originally needed 2 ships at 3.8M, this should STILL be the case. Everyone at this GP level worked hard and shifted focus for this reason. Other than that, love the changes. Now a ship squad tab next???
  • Camping out in lower divisions will be even more prevalent, I can't imagine having 1.8 million GP and facing someone who has just under 2.3 million at lock and adds to it during the season.

Add more divisions and keep the smaller gaps in the lower levels otherwise GAC will be even more unfair, and this is NOT mitigated by the matchmaking I can attest from experience, in Top 20 you will be matched with others who are in Top 20 regardless of GP.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    098ajvd0c721.png

I believe this is the breakdown.

Can you add a column with min GP divided by teams for before and after to see the difference?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Why are you guys wasting time appealing to Boomer on this issue. He's made his position clear. I assume he understands yours. He just doesn't agree with you.

I think you're being far to charitable with motivations here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think that for the vast majority of players GAC just got worse.

3/4 of players currently in division one will be moved down divisions to where only one fleet will be used. Yawn. May as well not have fleets at all because everyone will always be able to clear that in one shot guaranteed probably with 68+ banners.

A lot of players are going to get moved down to where they use less teams than right now, whatever division they are in. That means seeing less teams, so less possible variety of fights.

And lastly, it seems, for the work you have put in right now, you will get less promotion rewards.

Wow, great changes guys.

Wouldn't the obvious thing have been to keep the lower divisions where they were and just add one or two new divisions at the top?
    I think that for the vast majority of players GAC just got worse.

Wow, great changes guys.

Wouldn't the obvious thing have been to keep the lower divisions where they were and just add one or two new divisions at the top?

That is probably harder.
  • It’s more team for your opponent too you know.
    I think that for the vast majority of players GAC just got worse.

Wow, great changes guys.

That is probably harder.

Or not cost-effective in business terms.