[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• I'll wait until we get clear clarification before getting really mad, but if the league promotion rewards are going down for people who are getting moved down a few divisions, then that's just pathetic.

In the past we've been told that "CG doesn't want to take away rewards" as an excuse for extremely underwhelming reward structures, but now they're happy to take away rewards? I really hope that this is just a misunderstanding because otherwise it's clear that they're just stingy for the sake of being stingy. No more excuses
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    they should add some 6D-A mod gear rewards to the higher divisions really incentivize it

Yeah, i think they should increase promotion rewards (gear / mod salvage? signal data?) and end of week (mod slicing)
  • Samurhaj
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    It’s more team for your opponent too you know.

Go home Grevious you're drunk
  • Division 3 gets 1 fleet?????? So me with 2.7mil gp in my fleet just have to use negotiator for defense and Malevolence for offense just like the arena........ guess rebel, empire and FO will eat more dust now
  • Is division 8 still gonna have 3 teams on defence? I have 10 freakin teams (+ 2 trashy) that I can use - I don't want to have unused 4 teams..
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    It's almost as if more charts are warranted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The update i ve waited for a very long time..
    This is the end of the 4-6m gp players having top place in div 1.
    Those above 8m were clearly screwed.
    Thanks for this big change.
    This will motivate more the biggest players!
  • I'm glad something is finally being done. Unlike others, I'm just glad that the fields will be a little more even to play on and I personally don't play the mode for the rewards persay and more for the joy factor of it all. This last GAC I've seen something I've never seen before.... all 3 matches had 2 people not even attacking. Hopefully this can shake things up a bit.
  • Winterwolves
    1723 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Especially as neither of the ones players have put in look right to me. Same number of teams currently from div 1 to 5 is definitely not right.

Oh wait, I see what they did. Not the chart I was looking for.
  • papaofmom wrote: »
    Is division 8 still gonna have 3 teams on defence? I have 10 freakin teams (+ 2 trashy) that I can use - I don't want to have unused 4 teams..

I know right? This drives me crazy
  • Hopefully this was announced ahead of time so they could get feedback, for instance under the new system you need 2 more teams to go from division 5->4 but 0 more teams from 4->3 with a bigger gp gap, you'd figure each would go up 1 per promotion? Also the new division 8+9 could easily get an extra team set and still be less teams on average than people currently set. Also why only one addition fleet battles for lower brackets under the new system, only 1 fleet battle until 6 million gp? That makes anything other than malevolence and negotiator completely garbage for most people in the 3-6 million range.
  • DarthKelin wrote: »
    Anything D5 and higher should have 2 fleets. Not 1. By making D3 and lower only 1 fleet it will take most of the challenge out of GAC. That is usually what makes or breaks a win/loss atm.

Dude tell me about it, its so silly that with 2.6 mil gp in fleet I can only use 2 fleet frco8ovut339.jpg
    It's back to mal vs negotiator
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Does CG realize that if they make only the new Div 1 and Div 2 (6.6mil+ people) place 2 fleets and stop all the people in the 3.8-6.6mil gp range from placing a 2nd fleet on defense, that it actually stops their ability to monetize more fleets and fleet depth for the rosters of anyone below 6.6mil? Cuz I feel like that might change their mind in terms of where the 2nd fleet starts getting placed... You Gave Us More Fleets Because Our Rosters Were Too Big Months Ago How Are You Going To Take Them away when our rosters are only bigger now? That doesn't make any sense.
    #LetUsUseOurFleets #Div6AndUpGets2Fleets #WeInvestedInTheseFleetsDontMakeThemUselessBelow6.6Mil
  • Hey folks, I was under the impression that this change would not impact rewards, either from end of event rewards or from the promotion feats. We are looking into if this is true. I can confirm end of event rewards are not impacted but I'm unsure about the promotion feats. I post an update as soon as I know more.
  • Samurhaj wrote: »
    papaofmom wrote: »
    Is division 8 still gonna have 3 teams on defence? I have 10 freakin teams (+ 2 trashy) that I can use - I don't want to have unused 4 teams..

I know right? This drives me crazy

This looks to me to indicate that division gp level will no longer have any relation to number of teams that can be effectively fielded.

The original seemed pretty well matched to division climb and decent teams. As I climbed divisions I was putting together teams just in time, or a bit after promotion. Now it looks like people will end up with a big pile of high gear (for their roster) toons that sit on the bench, even after they move up divisions.

I thought the original intent of GAC was to delve deep into your roster to get more use out of a well developed team. Now people in all divisions will just be skimming the top, and likely never use or see a different/ interesting team ever.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    thanks for the investigation crumb
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    I think that for the vast majority of players GAC just got worse.

3/4 of players currently in division one will be moved down divisions to where only one fleet will be used. Yawn. May as well not have fleets at all because everyone will always be able to clear that in one shot guaranteed probably with 68+ banners.

A lot of players are going to get moved down to where they use less teams than right now, whatever division they are in. That means seeing less teams, so less possible variety of fights.

And lastly, it seems, for the work you have put in right now, you will get less promotion rewards.

Wow, great changes guys.

Wouldn't the obvious thing have been to keep the lower divisions where they were and just add one or two new divisions at the top?

That is probably harder.

It's also a better solution. They could have skipped all of this confusion pretty easily, plus any mess with having to recalculate rewards based on a new structure that doesn't line up with the old one neatly...assuming they aren't planning to screw everyone over who's under 7.8mil gp. I don't really have faith in that, but I always don't want to be down in the dumps before we even know anything for sure.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Everyone complaining about a possible reduction in rewards seem to forget that this game is set up to get you to gear up teams and increase your GP. All but 1 of the top 50 will be D2 or lower when this starts. I don’t see how that isn’t fair. If you choose to grow slower why should you get the same rewards as someone with double the GP you have? This is long overdue and people should be happy they got extra time with rewards that their rosters honestly don’t deserve
  • captainp77 wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about a possible reduction in rewards seem to forget that this game is set up to get you to gear up teams and increase your GP. All but 1 of the top 50 will be D2 or lower when this starts. I don’t see how that isn’t fair. If you choose to grow slower why should you get the same rewards as someone with double the GP you have? This is long overdue and people should be happy they got extra time with rewards that their rosters honestly don’t deserve

Wow elitist much?!?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey folks, I was under the impression that this change would not impact rewards, either from end of event rewards or from the promotion feats. We are looking into if this is true. I can confirm end of event rewards are not impacted but I'm unsure about the promotion feats. I post an update as soon as I know more.

Thanks for looking into it
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!
    Are you reading the posts?

Why should someone who last week earned div 1 promotion rewards suddenly be earning div 4 promotion rewards, which are lower?

Are you honestly defending that?

Yup cause more than likely you shouldn't have been up there in the first place, cause if you did you wont be changing

NO ONE SHOULD EARN LESS DUE TO CG CHANGING. Div 3-Div 1 should earn more.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Everyone complaining about a possible reduction in rewards seem to forget that this game is set up to get you to gear up teams and increase your GP. All but 1 of the top 50 will be D2 or lower when this starts. I don’t see how that isn’t fair. If you choose to grow slower why should you get the same rewards as someone with double the GP you have? This is long overdue and people should be happy they got extra time with rewards that their rosters honestly don’t deserve

All those top 50 people will remain top 50 in their new divisions, and a bunch will get to move up to the very highest ranks. Likely for the majority of them the end of event rewards will increase, and a bunch of new players will enter the top 50 in each division.

But those rewards are not what anyone in this thread have been talking about. Carbonite to bronzium promotion. Chromium to aurodium etc. Those are different for every division, and the current statement in the announcement is all rewards remain the same.

So a player moving from div1 to div5 will have lower promotion rewards. That is what crumb has said he's investigating.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    If thats true I feel you brother

Im 3 MLN GP. I have developed my entire roster for GAC. I have 10(!!) teams that I can use and 2 thrashy (sorry ewoks). Are you telling me now I will be only able t use 6 of them? That will be a blodbath and I will be back to the "who goes first strategy".

Beside the fact that I have worked hard to have that roster and the fact that lower divisions revolves much less on strategy I simply had fun using those lower teams. Where I will use them now? This was the only place that I used them - now they might be the clean up crew.

Also with more teams I could set up my defences in a way where I could have still win even if I couldnt counter one team - now its just over because theres only one team in front :)

People will say that its not "that bad" but for me it blows hard - my main goal was GAC which I've enjoyed a lot (even 3vs3) because I could have use almost all of my toons. Now I guess division1,2,3,4 will be able to do that even more, lower divisions will be punished

3/4 of players currently in division one will be moved down divisions to where only one fleet will be used. Yawn. May as well not have fleets at all because everyone will always be able to clear that in one shot guaranteed probably with 68+ banners.

A lot of players are going to get moved down to where they use less teams than right now, whatever division they are in. That means seeing less teams, so less possible variety of fights.

And lastly, it seems, for the work you have put in right now, you will get less promotion rewards.

Wow, great changes guys.

Wouldn't the obvious thing have been to keep the lower divisions where they were and just add one or two new divisions at the top?

That is probably harder.

It's also a better solution. They could have skipped all of this confusion pretty easily, plus any mess with having to recalculate rewards based on a new structure that doesn't line up with the old one neatly...assuming they aren't planning to screw everyone over who's under 7.8mil gp. I don't really have faith in that, but I always don't want to be down in the dumps before we even know anything for sure.

I 100% agree that adding new divisions would have been a better solution. But if I my only options were this or the status quo, I'll take this.

Oh yeah, I'm chosing to grow slower, what a fool I am, I have billions of stun guns, stun cuffs and carbantis that all toons need just waiting for me to push "upgrade", I was a fool all this time, thanks for letting me know mate! You opened my eyes!

Yes and resources to increase that gp are completely free, everyone has access to them, and there's also no reason for anyone who wants to also not already have 4 GL's. Imagine only being 5mil gp and only having 1 GL. That's so pathetic. Couldn't imagine.

I don't like your attitude. This is a game played to have fun. It's not about being better than everyone else, and rewards should reflect previous effort people have put in, as opposed to pulling the line further and further away whenever you feel like.

Wow, great changes guys.

That is probably harder.

I 100% agree that adding new divisions would have been a better solution. But if I my only options were this or the status quo, I'll take this.

Agreed. I haven't been participating in GAC for a few months besides joining for free GAC currency and setting defense at the start of each week so my opponents don't have to deal with auto-deploy, but it got kinda stale and felt way too time-consuming for the payout. This is at least something new, although if it really tallies up to less rewards, 1 less fleet, and 1 more squad, it's not an improvement.
  • Zetre
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Konju wrote: »
    why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!
    Are you reading the posts?

Why should someone who last week earned div 1 promotion rewards suddenly be earning div 4 promotion rewards, which are lower?

Are you honestly defending that?

Yup cause more than likely you shouldn't have been up there in the first place, cause if you did you wont be changing

NO ONE SHOULD EARN LESS DUE TO CG CHANGING. Div 3-Div 1 should earn more.

Whales have been earning less since match making changes. Didn't hear the complaints then.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TheAcornBender
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Why reduce the number of ships required even though I'm the same GP? I've spent a lot of time and resources improving my fleets for grand arena, Is that all now wasted? Are we just going back to the boring old malevolence Vs negotiator and not caring about anything else, I have enough of that in fleet arena, it's good to play with and against other ships.

Its great that they are increasing character squads needed so we can use more of our roster but it doesn't make sense that they are restricting our roster with ships.