[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Samurhaj
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    papaofmom wrote: »
    If thats true I feel you brother

Im 3 MLN GP. I have developed my entire roster for GAC. I have 10(!!) teams that I can use and 2 thrashy (sorry ewoks). Are you telling me now I will be only able t use 6 of them? That will be a blodbath and I will be back to the "who goes first strategy".

Beside the fact that I have worked hard to have that roster and the fact that lower divisions revolves much less on strategy I simply had fun using those lower teams. Where I will use them now? This was the only place that I used them - now they might be the clean up crew.

Also with more teams I could set up my defences in a way where I could have still win even if I couldnt counter one team - now its just over because theres only one team in front :)

People will say that its not "that bad" but for me it blows hard - my main goal was GAC which I've enjoyed a lot (even 3vs3) because I could have use almost all of my toons. Now I guess division1,2,3,4 will be able to do that even more, lower divisions will be punished

If you have same in game name I know you we compete almost every season :) (im rank8 for last one) gac is the main reason i play this game and if the post wasnt a mistake and we go back to 3 teams on def then my whole collection and everything I did make no sense anymore
  • So, I put up more defenses and fight more battles, thus putting in more time, yet I get no bigger rewards? Sounds backwards.
  • Where does it say that lower divisions will have less teams to place?
  • This change was long overdue.... Hopefully they are also fixing the matchmaking algorithm at the same time.
  • LOL, classic CG. Do you see now what happens when you poke the bear?

All the incessant complaining about GP mismatch, too many players in Div1, on and on ... So now CG changes the structure to fix it, but demotes everyone below 7.8M GP to lower reward tiers.

They have done this before, they will do it again. Stop poking the bear.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    I have never really enjoyed this mode, I do it strictly for the rewards... If i want challenges i can try to do the ridiculous feats for the galactic challenge modes and do the new Galactic Conquest things...

I was in Div 1 now, I will be in div 2 so I will likely net 5 less stun guns per month, seems minor but they do add up. In return for this reduce rewards I will need to have 3 more defenses squads and 3-5 more offense squads modded and geared up ready to play. Thats fine, the Jawas, Ewoks and Rogue One squads can be dusted off, but the really problem for me is the Mods; thats ~240 addition high quality mods I will need to be min-maxing constantly. Where are those mods coming from? I have been playing for years and I can barely keep good mods on my top 80ish characters as is. Will my mod storage be increased to assist with this additional hoarding that will be required? Will more mod upgrade materials be added to the GAC rewards to compensate for this additional mod investment requirement?
  • Jed_Eye wrote: »
    Where does it say that lower divisions will have less teams to place?

It says that people will drop to lower division (fo instance 3kk GP to division 8) and it doesnt say that the division 8 will get more teams to place
  • captainp77 wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about a possible reduction in rewards seem to forget that this game is set up to get you to gear up teams and increase your GP. All but 1 of the top 50 will be D2 or lower when this starts. I don’t see how that isn’t fair. If you choose to grow slower why should you get the same rewards as someone with double the GP you have? This is long overdue and people should be happy they got extra time with rewards that their rosters honestly don’t deserve

Yes and resources to increase that gp are completely free, everyone has access to them, and there's also no reason for anyone who wants to also not already have 4 GL's. Imagine only being 5mil gp and only having 1 GL. That's so pathetic. Couldn't imagine.

I don't like your attitude. This is a game played to have fun. It's not about being better than everyone else, and rewards should reflect previous effort people have put in, as opposed to pulling the line further and further away whenever you feel like.

I think it’s funny you don’t like my attitude about this but have no problem playing a game that I directly help fund. I appreciate FTP as I was FTP for years before I started whaling. You guys never appreciate fact that whales and krackens allow you to have a game to play. If we don’t spend there is no game. Maybe for once the FTP could appreciate the fact that something is geared to reward us for our spending in paying the devs salaries and keeping the lights on.
    Everyone complaining about a possible reduction in rewards seem to forget that this game is set up to get you to gear up teams and increase your GP. All but 1 of the top 50 will be D2 or lower when this starts. I don’t see how that isn’t fair. If you choose to grow slower why should you get the same rewards as someone with double the GP you have? This is long overdue and people should be happy they got extra time with rewards that their rosters honestly don’t deserve

Yes and resources to increase that gp are completely free, everyone has access to them, and there's also no reason for anyone who wants to also not already have 4 GL's. Imagine only being 5mil gp and only having 1 GL. That's so pathetic. Couldn't imagine.

I don't like your attitude. This is a game played to have fun. It's not about being better than everyone else, and rewards should reflect previous effort people have put in, as opposed to pulling the line further and further away whenever you feel like.

It’s always funny how upset FTP get when whales weigh in on something. If it wasn’t for us whales and krakens you wouldn’t have a game to be FTP in. For once something may skew in the favor of the whales. God forbid we get rewarded for spending. The horror.
  • Geris
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey folks, I was under the impression that this change would not impact rewards, either from end of event rewards or from the promotion feats. We are looking into if this is true. I can confirm end of event rewards are not impacted but I'm unsure about the promotion feats. I post an update as soon as I know more.

5i33frh34000.png
    gkxx7u3i01bz.png

So I'm 5 mil. If the promotion rewards stay the same per division as they are right now, I would be losing out on 30 stun gun pieces per month or 7+ complete stun guns per year. Stun guns don't appear until Div 3, a full million more power than I currently have. And then only at 25 per month.

In order for me to get the same rewards, div 5 rewards, and every other division, will need to see big rewards increases. Otherwise, if the reward structure stays the same, the majority of the player base will have their income decreases significantly.
  • Konju
    1158 posts Member
    captainp77 wrote: »

It’s always funny how upset FTP get when whales weigh in on something. If it wasn’t for us whales and krakens you wouldn’t have a game to be FTP in. For once something may skew in the favor of the whales. God forbid we get rewarded for spending. The horror.

Div 5 should get old div 1 rewards. Div 4-1 should earn more than current Div 1. This would reward you even further than you currently would be. It’s a better idea as it doesn’t take away rewards from anyone.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Zetre wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!
    Are you reading the posts?

Why should someone who last week earned div 1 promotion rewards suddenly be earning div 4 promotion rewards, which are lower?

Are you honestly defending that?

Yup cause more than likely you shouldn't have been up there in the first place, cause if you did you wont be changing

You are incredibly ****. NO ONE SHOULD EARN LESS DUE TO CG CHANGING. Div 3-Div 1 should earn more.

Whales have been earning less since match making changes. Didn't hear the complaints then.

There's a difference between earning less by losing your round earning and less because of a change to division cutoffs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    why should someone in a lower division get the same promotion rewards as someone in a higher division? Wheres the incentive to move up then.. you want better rewards build your roster and move up a division. You all want the free stuff without putting in the time, effort and yes money!

Why should someone who last week earned div 1 promotion rewards suddenly be earning div 4 promotion rewards, which are lower?

Yup cause more than likely you shouldn't have been up there in the first place, cause if you did you wont be changing

You are incredibly ****. NO ONE SHOULD EARN LESS DUE TO CG CHANGING. Div 3-Div 1 should earn more.

Whales have been earning less since match making changes. Didn't hear the complaints then.

There's a difference between earning less by losing your round and earning less because of a change to division cutoffs.

Quoting this to fix the typo.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Geris wrote: »
    Hey folks, I was under the impression that this change would not impact rewards, either from end of event rewards or from the promotion feats. We are looking into if this is true. I can confirm end of event rewards are not impacted but I'm unsure about the promotion feats. I post an update as soon as I know more.

5i33frh34000.png
    gkxx7u3i01bz.png

So I'm 5 mil. If the promotion rewards stay the same per division as they are right now, I would be losing out on 30 stun gun pieces per month or 7+ complete stun guns per year. Stun guns don't appear until Div 3, a full million more power than I currently have. And then only at 25 per month.

In order for me to get the same rewards, div 5 rewards, and every other division, will need to see big rewards increases. Otherwise, if the reward structure stays the same, the majority of the player base will have their income decreases significantly.

The thing we all should be complaining about is how weak and outdated those rewards are no matter what division you're in. Who even needs any of that stuff anymore (less the lower tiers and newbies) all that stuff you can buy in the stores (less zetas, but they are in packs now) ... #WhaleProblems
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Geris wrote: »

5i33frh34000.png
    gkxx7u3i01bz.png

The thing we all should be complaining about is how weak and outdated those rewards are no matter what division you're in. Who even needs any of that stuff anymore (less the lower tiers and newbies) all that stuff you can buy in the stores (less zetas, but they are in packs now) ... #WhaleProblems

Yeah... who needs stun guns and stun cuffs?

Oh yeah, EVERY SINGLE TOON
  • CG I know you're listening:
    zrdqi9ig4dg8.png
  • Takes one step forward then 7 backwards classic CG
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    CG I know you're listening:
    zrdqi9ig4dg8.png

Yes, and R9 coming soon...don’t worry you can spend money on all those little zeros and ones.
  • Promotion awards? For moving up a Divison? I don't even remember those, were they good? I started in Div.2, where I'm back to now with the changes, so I get another chance to earn promotion awards? That's good, no? But if I stated in Div2, i had no chance to earn promotion awards from previous divisions I was never in? Sooo.. (Insert head exploding emoji here)

• Zetre
    14 posts Member

There's a difference between earning less by losing your round earning and less because of a change to division cutoffs.

So you admit you want free good rewards, and now you have to earn your rewards and you don't like it.
  • Promotion awards? For moving up a Divison? I don't even remember those, were they good? I started in Div.2, where I'm back to now with the changes, so I get another chance to earn promotion awards? That's good, no? But if I stated in Div2, i had no chance to earn promotion awards from previous divisions I was never in? Sooo.. (Insert head exploding emoji here)

Promotion rewards as in rewards for going up a league in each GAC (carbonite -> bronzium -> chromium -> aurodium -> kyber)
  • Zetre wrote: »

So you admit you want free good rewards, and now you have to earn your rewards and you don't like it.

No, we earned those rewards
    The "new" or let's say, "changed" divisions should get more rewards instead
  • Geris
    11 posts Member
    Geris wrote: »

5i33frh34000.png
    gkxx7u3i01bz.png

So if you're being genuine in your "who even needs stun guns anymore?" (Paraphrased) comment, currently I have 20 heros who are important to my roster, needing stun guns just to go to the next gear tier. I know at least a few of them need more than one stun gun just to go to the next tier. This includes GL reqs and 501st clones and recent empire marquees but not the new bad batch that I'm guessing do need them. They are still 100% a headache at 5 mil

Not for moving up division, but for moving up from aurodium to Kyber for example, are they amazing? Nope

Are they helpful? Heck yes

I think it’s funny you don’t like my attitude about this but have no problem playing a game that I directly help fund. I appreciate FTP as I was FTP for years before I started whaling. You guys never appreciate fact that whales and krackens allow you to have a game to play. If we don’t spend there is no game. Maybe for once the FTP could appreciate the fact that something is geared to reward us for our spending in paying the devs salaries and keeping the lights on.

I'd like to know where I said whales shouldn't get more rewards for having higher gp. I believe I only said lower gp shouldn't get reduced rewards. Personally I believe the entire reward structure needs to be increased for how much time GAC takes anyways, they should be scaling it up, not reducing it. d1 should definitely get higher rewards than d4. Current d1 players just shouldn't be getting current d4 rewards.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Bruellhusten123
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Please adjust the GP limits for divisions frequently in the future. Up to know GAC was not fun at all for me due to a high number of r7/r8 characters compared to others at my GP level. Some matchups were okay, but most were not.
    I simply play with the philosophy to max out my core teams, to get most reliable results in TW and other game modes.
    But you can imagine it is not fun at all to be matched against 4 GL guys 95% of the time with just 2 GLs. And winning the efficiency game against 4 GLs with just 2 is horrible. In 5v5 it is still somewhat doable, but in 3vs3 it is nuts. Before I got to div 1 about a year ago, I think I missed kyber maybe one time. After I got to div 1 I can't even remember when I last got Kyber. I am 100% dependant on my opponent messing up their run. And I still manage to get ~ 50-60% wins. But mostly due to crazy solos and placing top end ships.
    Also: With me as an example, that there is a very dark side to relic levels, those of my guild who love GAC purposefully don't relic their characters up more than absolutely necessary. Simply to avoid raising the top 80 GP further and ending up facing players with more GLs or stronger rosters in general.

Sounds weird?
    35477.jpeg
    thats what my GACs looked like most of the time.
    Since I got up to div 1, GAC degenerated from my favourite game mode to a "there are rewards. Its not a total waste of time" - mode.

Thank you very much for the changes and I do hope we will see the adjustments more frequently in the future. These changes enlight my game experience more than all the new stuff we got during the entire last year. (not saying the new content we got is bad. It is just never gave me the fun that GACs gave.)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Thanks so much. Our voice have been heard. Fpr future reference:/

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/235293/gac-division-populations

• About time this happened, however..

1) League promotion rewards should scale as they do today with new Div 6 getting at least as much as current Div 2 which it replaces and new Div 1 getting significantly more to reflect the extra work they have to do.

2) Div 6, 5 and 4 should place 2 defensive fleets as Div 2 and 1 do today. Div 3 and up should place 3 defensive fleets.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

Div 1 and 2 will have 2 fleets like it is now.

But will it ONLY be Div 1 and 2? Would seem odd for the people now being shifted to the new Div 3 and 4 that they would be going up in number of squads but down in number of fleets. A 6 mil GP player would only be setting 1 fleet on defense? That would basically kill any real fleet strategy in Div 3 and 4 and give those people very little incentive to build up fleets.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Div 1 and 2 will have 2 fleets like it is now.

But will it ONLY be Div 1 and 2? Would seem odd for the people now being shifted to the new Div 3 and 4 that they would be going up in number of squads but down in number of fleets. A 6 mil GP player would only be setting 1 fleet on defense? That would basically kill any real fleet strategy in Div 3 and 4 and give those people very little incentive to build up fleets.

I am asking for clarification.