[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• captainp77 wrote: »
    captainp77 wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about a possible reduction in rewards seem to forget that this game is set up to get you to gear up teams and increase your GP. All but 1 of the top 50 will be D2 or lower when this starts. I don’t see how that isn’t fair. If you choose to grow slower why should you get the same rewards as someone with double the GP you have? This is long overdue and people should be happy they got extra time with rewards that their rosters honestly don’t deserve

Yes and resources to increase that gp are completely free, everyone has access to them, and there's also no reason for anyone who wants to also not already have 4 GL's. Imagine only being 5mil gp and only having 1 GL. That's so pathetic. Couldn't imagine.

I don't like your attitude. This is a game played to have fun. It's not about being better than everyone else, and rewards should reflect previous effort people have put in, as opposed to pulling the line further and further away whenever you feel like.

It’s always funny how upset FTP get when whales weigh in on something. If it wasn’t for us whales and krakens you wouldn’t have a game to be FTP in. For once something may skew in the favor of the whales. God forbid we get rewarded for spending. The horror.

The problem is you aren't being rewarded, if it's true that the rewards for promotion aren't changing, people moving to lower divisions are being punished. If I get the same rewards for making kyber in future gacs as I did for this one, I'm all for people in higher divisions getting more reward. If on the other hand the new division 1 rewards are the same then it's a step back for everyone who isn't over the threshold.
  • 4 more teams. Wow 😳 that’s 4 offense as well. So 40 more characters.

40% increase

Well then, not in favor of that much
    AT ALL.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So CG has basically just nerfed GAC rewards for anyone below 7.8 million GP?

Oh and we need more teams and the event will take longer?

Thank you, Master, may I have another?!?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Oh, we're also losing out on like 250-350k credits per attack phase by having fewer opponents to attack.
  • I've been in Div 1 (currently 5.8M GP) for a while (don't really know how long) ... I never once complained about the matchmaking ... the matches generally seemed relatively balanced to me.

For me, I stand to go from Div 1 to Div 4 ... I'll need to use more squads ... won't get any stun guns (a huge bottleneck as we know), and less gear in general (if the promotion reward structure stays the same) ... and I'll have to spend more time in a game mode I don't really like and only play for the rewards.

So, as was mentioned above, we shouldn't get punished by being moved down in divisions ... that's not our fault. If CG wants to increase the rewards for the new Div 1, 2 and 3 ... fantastic ... maybe that will make me want to be more active in GAC to get higher. Otherwise, make sure no one is getting less to do more.

I hope they adjust the promotion rewards accordingly.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Oh and don't forget a 50% reduction in fleet battles for anyone unlucky enough to be in div 3 or lower
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 2021
    I've posted an update on the rewards here
    tldr; Promotion rewards are being adjusted as part of this change as well.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Thanks crumb!
  • People getting moved down to div 7 or less (I'm going from 4 to 6) also are going to have a tougher time clearing some feats with fewer defenses to attack now (I probably wouldn't have gotten the TK-421 title after this change goes out).
  • Can we get clarification on how many squads are required for new divisions?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Kyber is easier in lower division so you will have less squads to do feats, but less points needed to get kyber
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Thanks Crumb, good to get some clarification!

Thanks for that Crumb!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    4 more teams. Wow 😳 that’s 4 offense as well. So 40 more characters.

40% increase

Well then, not in favor of that much
    AT ALL.

Ah, but the good news is, most of the people in Division 1 now, won't qualify after the change....course, they also won't qualify for Division 1 rewards either, but hey....CG gonna CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • While I'm glad that the rewards should "remain approximately the same" ... the word "approximately" makes me a little nervous.

I'm also not real excited about needing 6 more useful teams (3 on off and 3 on def) and the extra time needed to play the event ... while 2 more battles isn't much (since we're losing a ship battle), I didn't see a need for more battles with lower level teams. I feel like, for some of us, this was a fix without a problem.
  • Can we get clarification on how many teams are required for lower divisions, specifically divisions 11-7? Surely we will need more than 3 teams for offense and defense for divisions 10, 9, and 8 right?
  • What happens to your highest rank lifetime? For example, my high Kyber rank is #34 in Division 1. I have 6.9m GP so I'll be put in Division 2 now. So when I complete that season after the change, will my new high Kyber rank be changed to what I got in Division 2 now or do I keep what I had from Division 1 (in the old broken system with way more players). If it gets reset in any way, I'm not a fan of that.

I think currently if you are say in Division 6 and get 1st in that Division and then go to Division 5 and get 100th, your new high rank is 100th from Division 5, not the 1st you had as premier kyber champion. So was wondering with many players going back a Division or two, if it resets.
  • And that's it for me and 3v3, cue the auto-deploy.
    Not gonna do 16 attacks; even now I struggled to enjoy that. It takes me on average 50 minutes to clear out, not to mention specific defense planning.
    In 5v5 I wished for 2 more teams, let's see how it feels with 3.
  • We still need clarification on how many teams we need to set in each division respectively. And on the number of fleet spots. I really hope they won't lock div 3 and below out of the 2 fleet defenses. Many players specifically invested in fleets to have 4 very strong fleets in GAC. If now only 2 fleets are needed total, then their investment is heavily undermined. And I hope we get clarification on how the matchmaking will work as we now need a different amount of teams on defense + offense. Hope we get all this info very soon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, 2 ship placements will only be Div 1 and 2.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Who in their right mind thinks this makes a lick of sense???
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited April 2021

Why would they remove fleets from what was division 1 and 2 players.

Everyone should be required the same amount of fleet. Not less. Same amount of teams, not less compared to old GA.

Where is this information coming from?
  • Kyno wrote: »

That sounds like insane backwards movement. Is this already set in stone or subject to change? I really hope it's the latter because having 6M GP players set only 1 fleet on defense just doesn't make sense. I hope the devs listen to this feedback and make 2 def fleets a requirement for div 6 and above. If the defensive squad numbers are getting an increase for higher divisions, why would you DECREASE fleets at the same time? I just don't see any logic in this. This should really get changed. Back then people asked for fleets to be more relevant in GAC, so CG increased the defensive fleets to 2. And now they're reverting it for no reason? We shouldn't be going back to square one...

Can we get a clarification on which of these is correct?

Method 1: Division 1 and 2 keep same requirements based on GP/Previous requirements. Then added the new squads as mentioned in the post.

tfraupepaguf.png

Or Method 2: Swap GP column and add squads, meaning fleet / teams are revised by division as well as GP changes.

o313vd2bhrqs.png

• Kyno wrote: »
    This is pathetic. It is so poorly thought through it really does make me wonder if any of the devs play the game at all now.

@CG_Doja_Fett : there’s still time for you guys to think about this and get it fixed. It is an obvious oversight that needs addressed before the new divisions arrive in game
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Surely we have dual fleets for more than just the new div 1 & 2?? 6.6M rosters use just 1 fleet?
    Should say I applaud the move to split the top divisions up, and let us actually use some more of our roster, but seems odd to stop using more than 1 fleet on offence and 1 on defence. Will the ship zone then be worth about a quarter of the back toon zone??
  • CG is doing a great job here. Sure they missed a few details but they're addressing them and being responsive! All we need to do is to list the issues we find and together we can make GAC work the way we want. This is going to be awesome!
  • PrimeForce wrote: »
    CG is doing a great job here. Sure they missed a few details but they're addressing them and being responsive! All we need to do is to list the issues we find and together we can make GAC work the way we want. This is going to be awesome!

Ewww, stop being so optimistic, we don't do that here...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Can we get a clarification on which of these is correct?

Method 1: Division 1 and 2 keep same requirements based on GP/Previous requirements. Then added the new squads as mentioned in the post.

tfraupepaguf.png

Or Method 2: Swap GP column and add squads, meaning fleet / teams are revised by division as well as GP changes.

o313vd2bhrqs.png

This part was confirmed by Crumb, that is why I posted it again after double checking.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    The described plan for 2 ship placements only for the new D1 and D2 genuinely makes no sense at all. Not to mention that players who will be in the new D6 through D3 may have made roster development decisions based on what seemed like a very reasonable expectation that they’d alway need 2 or more ship placements in GAC thereafter.