Why the two week gap?

Did we ever get a good reason why Conquest is only once per month rather than back to back on-going?

Replies

• It was always supposed to run like this. They stated the back to back was for exhibition phase only and would run once a month after the exhibition
  • But why? Especially when the community is clamoring for continuous content...
  • If we got them back to back then CG would halve the rewards and we would be doing twice the work for the same payout.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If we got them back to back then CG would halve the rewards and we would be doing twice the work for the same payout.

And???
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If we got them back to back then CG would halve the rewards and we would be doing twice the work for the same payout.

And???

And stop asking teacher for more homework.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.
  • My hope is that they are leaving a space for another fun thing to do.
  • Probably to give them time to work on updates/changes to it, same with TB, TW and GAC. I'd guess the break is to publish changes without impacting the current event
  • My hope is that they are leaving a space for another fun thing to do.

Hahahah. You new?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.

Let's take away all rewards then. Everyone gets the same roster. Now what?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.

I don't understand the problem on having a conquest active at all times

Endgame players have nothing to do on game on days like these lol

Enter, sim battles, auto AB/mastery ship events/heroic events, get 15 minutes on GC (at most) and get either 6° or 7° box, depends of faction involved, and that's it
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.

Enter, sim battles, auto AB/mastery ship events/heroic events, get 15 minutes on GC (at most) and get either 6° or 7° box, depends of faction involved, and that's it

that's plenty, thanks. I def don't want twice the work (errrrr, "gaming?"), for the same (aka halfx2) rewards. If you need more to do don't sim, play gc as a sandbox, or anything other than demanding more work.

imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.

that's plenty, thanks. I def don't want twice the work (errrrr, "gaming?"), for the same (aka halfx2) rewards. If you need more to do don't sim, play gc as a sandbox, or anything other than demanding more work.

imo

You would get "twice the work" for "double the rewards" lol

What are you saying...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.

imo

What are you saying...

That's not really the way it works. They wont double the frequency of an event without changes to the rewards, unless that was the plan.

Everything plays into the pace and economy of the game.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.

imo

What are you saying...

That's not really the way it works. They wont double the frequency of an event without changes to the rewards, unless that was the plan.

Unless you are willing to whale of course.
  • Yeah being an end game player is so boring!!!! Dailies done in about half an hour. Twiddle my thumbs waiting for arena cooldowns. Then the big main event of the evening a omega challenge that takes 10 seconds to sim. Anyone wanna have a character spinning contest???
    Yes please Mr End Game!

I’ve got 4 GLs to spin. How about you?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Antario wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

And???

The game is not work.

It is a game.

imo

What are you saying...

Unless you are willing to whale of course.

Whaling doesnt change the frequency of the event.

Correct, I should have said the base economy, but to be fair f2p can and do have a crystal income that they also use to speed up progress.
  • A better schedule would be to run it 10 days 5 off 10 on 5 off.

That way people get it twice a month but we a reasonable gap to prevent burnout.

And shortening the event will make stamina and energy refreshes potentially more required which will encourage players to spend more.

Keep rewards the same everyone wins.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    A better schedule would be to run it 10 days 5 off 10 on 5 off.

That way people get it twice a month but we a reasonable gap to prevent burnout.

And shortening the event will make stamina and energy refreshes potentially more required which will encourage players to spend more.

Keep rewards the same everyone wins.
    Again, if CG double the frequency they will halve the rewards. They actively manage the flow of loot into the game economy.