Death by inflated "RNG"

Powda
525 posts Member
It's the worst part of this game. The gear grind sucks, increasing the required XP for levels past 80 to artificially elongate the game sucks, and there's several other things that could all be mentioned but watching the AI destroy you because "18%" for AI statistically works out a whole lot more like "35%" and 25% ends up being a whole lot more like "50%".

Case in point:

Dooku's leadership dodge bonus.
Daka's free res (same character, three times in a row in my last match)
Phasma's leadership bonus attack (Non-FO get it a LOT more than 18-20 percent, and for FO chars it's basically guaranteed)

Just needed to add my voice to all the others.

Replies

• Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Agree but it goes both ways. I've been saved by lucky doges or resists or stunned, and I've been burned by constant stuns, resses, and dodges. Skill means nothing in the hands of RNG on the battlefield. It's easier to accept It when you are farming gear, but sucks when you are on the receiving end of it in arena.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    Agree but it goes both ways. I've been saved by lucky doges or resists or stunned, and I've been burned by constant stuns, resses, and dodges. Skill means nothing in the hands of RNG on the battlefield. It's easier to accept It when you are farming gear, but sucks when you are on the receiving end of it in arena.

Agreed, but do you consistently get that hot streak? No. At least I know that I sure don't.

There are plenty of players who are consistently seeing numbers out of whack with AI.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Powda wrote: »
    Mittens wrote: »

Agreed, but do you consistently get that hot streak? No. At least I know that I sure don't.

There are plenty of players who are consistently seeing numbers out of whack with AI.

No I don't. But luckily, the AI rarely focuses specific toons or saves their specials for opportune times. So even with the constant dodges, I am usually still able to win.
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't really see it. Neither crazy RNG for me or for the AI. Nor do I see gear never dropping. I tend to think I'm pretty close to all the different values we assume is the actual values for whatever it is. Sure every once in a while I get a hot or cold streak. But all in all it feels about right and I've never had an entire days worth of super bad drops or RNG which is probaboy why it doesn't feel too far off.

But start keeping score if you think you're on to something.
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »
    It's the worst part of this game. The gear grind sucks, increasing the required XP for levels past 80 to artificially elongate the game sucks, and there's several other things that could all be mentioned but watching the AI destroy you because "18%" for AI statistically works out a whole lot more like "35%" and 25% ends up being a whole lot more like "50%".

Case in point:

Dooku's leadership dodge bonus.
    Daka's free res (same character, three times in a row in my last match)
    Phasma's leadership bonus attack (Non-FO get it a LOT more than 18-20 percent, and for FO chars it's basically guaranteed)

Just needed to add my voice to all the others.

Still better than having a toon get one shotted before their turn comes, imo. That was about Dooku lead. It lets you use toons you thought were just for show.

Daka revive thing does get crazy sometimes.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    No as far am I am aware has documented dodge an assist call rates over time.

Test it out. Monitor both you and and your opponent account for all buffs and report back.

I Believe the rates are correct.

However with dodges the dodges don't seem to be independent events. It seems like if one dodge occurs other dodges in the same battle are more likely. This would make sense if there is some sort of accuracy role globally for each battle. I haven't gone through the work to test it as recording each dodge is a lot more work then shard drops.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Productive posts, loving this. :smile:

I think I will start logging things for my own sanity / proof. :smile:
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    My thought for dodge is
    -don't count any attacks vs Sid.
    -Only the first try in GW
    -Don't count any attacks with dodge up on Lumi or others.
    - don't count characters that have natural evasion like RP (need to check who has these)

Phasma assists are easier but I don't know if the assist attacks, Dooku bonus attacks, or Phasma bonus attacks can trigger more assists. But once that is known it's just note separately first order attacks from regular attacks.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, okay... Here's some numbers.

Phasma lead, Dooku, Lumi, Fives and Sid.

18 attacks **14 PHASMA assists**, including assists on Fives' ally call. That's almost 80%, which is even higher than normal... But the number definitely isn't getting lower.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Are you counting dookus twice?
  • trellent
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I kept track of dodges for a couple of days. The enemy got 5x as many dodges during that time. Even when I was running an evasion leader and the enemy wasn't, the enemy still got more dodges.

In the last GW I put in a Dooku lead against another Dooku lead. Multiple members of the enemy squad got more dodges than my entire squad combined got.