TW 2.0

I've seen many posts on how to fix match making in TW, personally I think it's a waste of effort. Currently matchmaking is absolutely not based on any sort of merit actually related to TW, perhaps there is a way to do that.

Territory Wars 2.0
(and no, I don't have any idea how this could be setup in swhgoh, but hear me out)
2.0 Would be set up like a football leauge*, the best guilds would end up in the "Kyber League" with the best reward structure, and the worst in the "Carbonite league"
After a set number of matches (a season)
X number of teams at the top and bottom of the standing will find themselves promoted up a leauge, or moved down one (relegation)
This structure would allow Guilds to define themselves through results, the only true measure of skill. Guilds in Kyber would be playing to keep the honour of staying in Kyber and having the best rewards, no more resets to put you back with the dregs at the end of each season like in GAC.

This is how initially thought GAC was being set up and I still think it's a better approach to gamemodes that are more about competition than rewards.

*soccer

Replies

• I've seen many posts on how to fix match making in TW, personally I think it's a waste of effort. Currently matchmaking is absolutely not based on any sort of merit actually related to TW, perhaps there is a way to do that.

Territory Wars 2.0
    (and no, I don't have any idea how this could be setup in swhgoh, but hear me out)
    2.0 Would be set up like a football leauge*, the best guilds would end up in the "Kyber League" with the best reward structure, and the worst in the "Carbonite league"
    After a set number of matches (a season)
    X number of teams at the top and bottom of the standing will find themselves promoted up a leauge, or moved down one (relegation)
    This structure would allow Guilds to define themselves through results, the only true measure of skill. Guilds in Kyber would be playing to keep the honour of staying in Kyber and having the best rewards, no more resets to put you back with the dregs at the end of each season like in GAC.

This is how initially thought GAC was being set up and I still think it's a better approach to gamemodes that are more about competition than rewards.

*soccer

What is the starting thing. As in, will leagues be originally sorted by GP or something?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Guild composition (and strength/performance) can be very dynamic. If a guild loses, recruits or replaces 10 players during a season they could end up being in a league that doesn't match their actual strength. With the current system guilds are matched based on stats of the current participants which potentially results in more even matches (... if CG would match guilds by the number of participants as well as their GP).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Guild composition (and strength/performance) can be very dynamic. If a guild loses, recruits or replaces 10 players during a season they could end up being in a league that doesn't match their actual strength. With the current system guilds are matched based on stats of the current participants which potentially results in more even matches (... if CG would match guilds by the number of participants as well as their GP).

That little parenthetical at the very end is the entire issue with TW matchmaking.

"But other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

That little parenthetical at the very end is the entire issue with TW matchmaking.

"But other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln"

tenor.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH