3 Starred Assault Battles

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited April 2021
Make them simmable. TIA.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• On December 4, 2019, during one of the Q&As the question below was asked. (The non-relevant parts have been removed.)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2022106#Comment_2022106

Q: Can we get more simming of existing events, especially ones that have multiple waves (Secrets and Shadows, Rebel Roundup, etc.). Like if we beat them 5 or 10 times, or earn 3*, can we sim them in the future? Thank you!
    A: CG_SvenGG - We've been thinking about the best way to decrease the time commitment we ask of players for content they are able to clear with trivial effort. Ultimately, that has led to the realization that we need a holistic approach to time-saving for players so that we can continue to add new content to the game without exacerbating the commitment players feel they have to make each day.

We have been asking for simmable assault battles for a long time now as you can see.

What's worse is approx two months after after that Q&A, on Jan 28, 2020, CG did the opposite of time savings and released Challenger Tiers 1 and 2 making the assault battles take even longer to complete.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223449/new-tiers-for-assault-battles

On July 03, 2020, I posted a reminder to CG about what they said about time saving. No response from them.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232628/how-is-that-holistic-approach-to-time-saving-coming-along

Worse still is three weeks later, on July 23, 2020 CG released Challenger Tier 3
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/233637/content-update-07-23-2020

Since even before that Q&A from Dec 2019, when Q&As were still a thing, I have been asking this question (which was modified once the Challenger Tiers were released):

Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, when somebody asked for this very QOL update, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

I'm not a programmer, so I am unaware what the issue is. If other battles in the game can be simmed, what makes the Assault Battles "impossible" to do so?

When can we finally sim events that we have already achieved three stars in?

Advanced Fleet Mastery: • Admiral’s Maneuver • Endurance • Executrix • General’s Command • Home One
    Special Events: • Defense of Dathomir, • Endor Escalation, • Galactic Bounties I • Galactic Bounties II • Ghosts of Dathomir
    Assault Battles: • Forest Moon • Ground War • Military Might • Places of Power • Rebel Round Up • Secrets and Shadows
    Resource Events: • Contraband Cargo • Smuggler’s Run
    Mythic Events (only partially simmable): • Artist of War Mythic (Grand Admiral Thrawn) • Daring Droid Mythic (R2-D2) • Emperor's Demise Mythic (Emperor Palpatine) • Grand Master's Training Mythic (Grand Master Yoda) • Pieces & Plans Mythic (BB-8)

To those of you who say something along the lines of "this will reduce the amount of content in the game!", remember this, with the exception of the Rancor & Tank raids (in some guilds), just because an event or battle is simmable and just because some people want the OPTION to sim, it does NOT mean that YOU have to.

You can still go right ahead and manually run every single battle. More power to you!
  • Yeah, the writings on the wall, or in this post I guess ^
    Not going to happen
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    If CG really does "care" about time saving (especially as they continue to add more events like Conquest and lengthen GAC) , Assault Battles are much more of a time suck than many of the other events listed. Mainly because they are 8 phases and some of the challenge tiers can't be auto'd.

The excuses as to why this isn't done, or "can't" be are getting old and tired - just like 8 phase assault battles.

And the fact that we have been asking due literally years now does not mean it's a fait accompli - that just means they're not listening.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the worst part is it's a timesuck for no reason. Does CG think a bunch of people will get so frustrated they will spend money on...something they can already auto? How would that even work? makes no sense.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Yeah. Any reacurring event thats been in the game more than 1 year should be simable if you 3* it.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    While I didn't mention this in my earlier post, I'm all for leaving the Challenge Tiers as manual, but even with that, similar to Galactic War, once we can three star it 5, 10, 50 or whatever x times, to prove it wasn't a fluke, they too should be simmable or I dare say, add a Challenge Tier IV?
    Post edited by LendersQuiz on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    While I didn't mention this in my earlier post, I'm all for leaving the Challenge Tiers as manual, but even with that, similar to Galactic War, once we can three star it 5, 10, 50 or whatever x times, to prove it wasn't a fluke, they too should be simmable or I dare say, add a Challenge Tier VI?

can I get credit for the 300 times I already did it?

edit: this garbage AB is by far the worst one of them all. what a joke.
  • I think part of the issue with the high challenge tiers is the insane speed on enemies. You spend most of your time just waiting for a turn. For reference, today I used SEE aoe to drop the final wave to only eeth koth. Koth took 3 turns before my 555 speed SEE went again.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Gifafi wrote: »
    While I didn't mention this in my earlier post, I'm all for leaving the Challenge Tiers as manual, but even with that, similar to Galactic War, once we can three star it 5, 10, 50 or whatever x times, to prove it wasn't a fluke, they too should be simmable or I dare say, add a Challenge Tier VI?

can I get credit for the 300 times I already did it?

edit: this garbage AB is by far the worst one of them all. what a joke.

half an hour ago I was going to make a "joke" post about asking if I'd have enough time to fix mods before crancor. This AB is still going on. This one battle of this AB, I mean. I have 30 more minutes, hopefully I'll be able to, assuming I get through 7 and 8/8. I'd quit but I don't have a few hours later to do these ab battles, so...
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Just skip CT3 like I do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Just skip CT3 like I do.

I think the fact that you can do it, but choose not to because it's a hassle makes the point.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just skip CT3 like I do.

I think the fact that you can do it, but choose not to because it's a hassle makes the point.

this. I did all the lower ones in way less than half the time of the last one. And it has nothing whatsoever to do with difficulty, or challenge, or strategy/mods/etc, it's just the speed is so overtuned you just sit there unable to take a turn, even with a 584 slkr. It's just dumb.

Sim Power to the People!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Just skip CT3 like I do.

this. I did all the lower ones in way less than half the time of the last one. And it has nothing whatsoever to do with difficulty, or challenge, or strategy/mods/etc, it's just the speed is so overtuned you just sit there unable to take a turn, even with a 584 slkr. It's just dumb.

Sim Power to the People!
    The zPalp Sith TM-train works better, with lower speed and lower relics.

But the time and difficulty in beating CT3 really isn't relevant to the thread's topic of simming AB content since there is no way CG are going to make that simmable even if you can 3-star it.

They might make the sub-challenge tiers simmable though, which would be something.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Just skip CT3 like I do.

So you want CT3 simmable after one time? Good luck with that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Just skip CT3 like I do.

So you want CT3 simmable after one time? Good luck with that.

Please feel free to quote a post where I said that....

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Here....I'll help...this is from last week...
    Assault Battles that we have 3 starred dozens and dozens of times should be simmable. And should have been months or even years ago. This needs to be implemented now. We don't need more time wasters in the game - especially with the one CG has just added (Conquest)

Bolded for those who prefer strawmen to reading.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You literally quoted me talking about CT3 lol.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    So how many times before sim?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So how many times before sim?

10? 25? Either of those would be fine by me.

Honest question - how many times until raids are simmable (I don't recall and am too lazy to dig)

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    You literally quoted me talking about CT3 lol.

Sorry - I presumed you had completed CT3.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Just skip CT3 like I do.

Sim Power to the People!
    The zPalp Sith TM-train works better, with lower speed and lower relics.

But the time and difficulty in beating CT3 really isn't relevant to the thread's topic of simming AB content since there is no way CG are going to make that simmable even if you can 3-star it.

They might make the sub-challenge tiers simmable though, which would be something.

why wouldn't they make it simmable?

I mean, there are a few different points/ideas for these. Sim after beating it, sim after x times beating it, Win last tier get all lower tiers, like in GC's, which was a great change, plus my tears about how dumb it is and long it takes. For me personally, it doesn't make any sense to have an AB speed-tuned so the fastest toon in the game (iirc) doesn't get turns before his stun even wears off. There is no added difficulty, it's just the same AB that takes way, way longer. What's the point of that, from CG's perspective? Does it reward roster building? Does it induce spending? I seriously have no idea what the reasoning behind "make it like the level before, but make people auto for an hour" could possibly be.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Well the frequency, for one thing. Each is once a month.
  • *Bump* To beat a dead horse, simmable Assault Battles need to be a thing. Please CG. For the love of [insert deity of your choice] and all that is holy...make it happen :D .