Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I like when OPs abandon thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Stenun wrote: »
    Your example is ludicrous. Are your jawas still in your top 100 GP toons?

It is ludicrous for the Straw Man representation of my words that you are currently attacking, yeah.
    My whole point about the Jawas was purely to illustrate that we are not, nor have not, all been playing by the same rules. I never claimed that my Jawas are a massive liability, I used them as one example of the much wider problem.
    And I think you know that.
    And I also think that if I were to use another example to illustrate the problem, you would have the same reaction: "oh it's ludicrousous to say that your OG Jedi are a liability" or "oh it's ludicrous to say that your WIggs is a liability", etc. We would dance this dance dozens of times and you would still avoid the actual point I was trying to make.
    We are not, nor ever have been, all been playing by the same rules.

And it is responses like yours which are the reason I am not going to bother with this thread any more.
    I'm responding one final time to give a better, calmer, explanation of why I am now going to stop because my last message was a bit rushed. But I feel I have explained it properly now and won't respond to this thread again. No matter how many people misrepresent me, accuse me of not being specific enough, accuse me of being too specific, or whatever.

Good day.

Matchmaking is broken. Peace, out.

one last time, what part of the rules for TW matchmaking, or GP calculation are we not all equally subject to?

also your last line there is a whole nother topic. Matchmaking has its issues, yes. GP calculation (which was the topic of your post at the beginning) is not the major or real contribution to that problem. again, GP is to measure where a player has chosen to put resources. if they value Princess Leia more than Nest, that is their choice, and if they can't make a good team around her, that is going to be a problem for them if they also want to be competitive in game modes where she is not as useful.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    one last thing, I just wanted to ask:

if you took a snap shot of 1 players rosters and just listed out the number of toons at each gear level, then gave 2 players a blank slate to place those gear levels on whatever toons they choose (having to follow requirements for events if they want a toon from an event).

would that be a fair match?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    The Jawas are a very good example of this. Ages ago, the Mod Challenges were faction locked - you had to have certain factions geared up to fight in each Mod Challenge set and the Speed Mods required Jawas. So I spent ages farming up my Jawas so I could complete the top Tier of the Speed Mods Challenge and I did it. And then the faction requirement was removed and my Jawas have never seen use again and now they are a liability in inflating my score for matchmaking.
    It is ludicrous for the Straw Man representation of my words that you are currently attacking, yeah.
    My whole point about the Jawas was purely to illustrate that we are not, nor have not, all been playing by the same rules. I never claimed that my Jawas are a massive liability, I used them as one example of the much wider problem.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Your example is ludicrous. Are your jawas still in your top 100 GP toons?

And I also think that if I were to use another example to illustrate the problem, you would have the same reaction: "oh it's ludicrousous to say that your OG Jedi are a liability" or "oh it's ludicrous to say that your WIggs is a liability", etc. We would dance this dance dozens of times and you would still avoid the actual point I was trying to make.
    We are not, nor ever have been, all been playing by the same rules.

And it is responses like yours which are the reason I am not going to bother with this thread any more.
    I'm responding one final time to give a better, calmer, explanation of why I am now going to stop because my last message was a bit rushed. But I feel I have explained it properly now and won't respond to this thread again. No matter how many people misrepresent me, accuse me of not being specific enough, accuse me of being too specific, or whatever.

Good day.

Matchmaking is broken. Peace, out.

then forget jawas and give us an example that does matter