Bounty hunter squad advice

Hi everyone, I have been using a clone team ever since I started the game, but I have recently decided that I should really focus on making some more good squads so that I can do more things in the game. I already had some ok bounty hunters, so I decided to make a bounty hunter squad. I am level 79, so I think that I have a good idea of what I think a good squad will be, but I would appreciate some advice from veterans who have more experience than me.
At the moment, I have a very good jango, a very good cad, a good boba, a decent mando, a decent greef, and a poor greedo, dengar, and aurra. I am just about to activate embo. What would your advice be for a good hunter squad?

Replies

• Right now I am thinking a boba, jango, embo, dengar, and greef. I would replace dengar or greef with bossk when I get him. Is that a good squad?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    bossk jango greef boba and mando imo. In the normal team, greef may replace dengar, tbh I'm not positive, but dengar really helps with getting chewie if you don't have him. Greef wasn't out when I got chewie so that might have changed. I wouldn't bother with embo, aurra or the others.

with what you have I would use jango-lead, boba, cad (only bc he's "very good"), mando and greef until you can replace cad (I'd also use dengar, who doesn't need as much gear as the others imo, at least at this point).

and farm bossk and his ship asap.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Okay thanks, I have heard that embo is really good, arguably the second best attacker after boba, but maybe he's not worth it. I appreciate the advice.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    People who have him built up like him, and apparently he had/has uses in hsth, but it’s a lot of farming and gear that could be used on better Bh imo. Bossk should be your priority for sure
  • Okay thanks, I have heard that embo is really good, arguably the second best attacker after boba, but maybe he's not worth it. I appreciate the advice.

Embo can be very good, his lead is great for HSTR phase 1 but he's definitelynot the best BH. You NEED Bossk asap, and I personally have Bossk, Mando, Greef, Boba, and Jango as my main 5, but embo and dengar get some use here and there. Jango hits extremely hard at relic, but all the BH attackers to solid dmg. You need bossk, and to get his ship you need to farm jango at the same time, so those two are very worthwhile.
  • I do have bossk's ship, but I can't actually get bossk until I reach level 85 to unlock dark side stage 9. I don't know if it is just me, but I don't feel like mando is all that incredible, and he is also kind of a pain to farm. I also just like embo a lot as a character so I think I will get him either way, even if he isn't in my immediate plans. I think for now, I will focus on a jango, boba, greef, bossk, dengar team, and when I get embo good enough, I will probably replace dengar with him. I know embo might not be as good, but I do think that playing with characters you LIKE is one of the underrated aspects of the game, and I personally think embo is ten times as cool as dengar is. Thank you so much for the advice though!
  • Oh and in between these posts, I just activated embo, got him to level 50 and gear level VI, just kind of excited about him so I thought I would say it :)
  • Leave Embo.

Boss Jango Mando Dengar Boba Cad Ig88 are the ones you want.

Outside of Boss-Man-Jango , Dengar is the only bounty hunter without a rebel ship requirement that is useful enough in multiple aspects of the game to make going after him worthwhile.

Dengar is argued by CG to be the fastest way to get Mando his insta-kill

Dengar seems to help more BH defense teams in TW get +2 defends.

Dengar helps you undergear Chewbacca event.

Embo and Aura are nostalgia farms. If you want them for nostalgia, yes, but Ahnaldt says dont do them.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Embo is just a waste. The end game bounty hunter team is usually comprised of Aura Sing lead, Bossk, Greef, Mando, and as 5th usually one of the fetts. Mando is amazing when he gets his contract reward, as the ability to just delete a character is insanely powerfull, and at the higher end, you play around getting that ability out as fast as you can.

For the Chewbaca event, you kinda want dengar, as he will make the event alot easier (he prevents stealth, and thats very powerfull for that event)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I think I've run into aurra sing 3 times since I started playing this game, and that was back when people still placed BH
  • For PvP: Aurra (L), Bossk, Boba, Greef, Mando.
    Sith raid P1: Embo (L), Greedo, Mando, Bossk, Greef.
    DSTB: Bossk (L), Boba, Zam, Cad, Dengar.

Cad, Bossk and IG-88 also have good ships.
    Seriously, G13 all BH. I have and don’t have any regrets. :)
  • Any BH can be used for the Chewie event, but, you'll find Dengar to be particularly useful if attempting the event at lower Gear levels.

The 4 BH that have Ships are required for the Han's Falcon event (Bossk, Boba, Cad, & IG88)

Jango will come Free if your farming Hound's Tooth for Fleet.

So with that in mind, you really want the 4 w/ Ships & Jango.

Dengar you could leave off IF, IF, IF, your willing to not get Chewie till they are all G12/Relic leveled.

Bossk is flat out required for the Tank/Taunt & his use in nearly any Fleet even if you ignore all the other info above.

Embo, Aura, Greedo, & Zam are not bad BH, they just don't GET you anything extra.
    The LS BH meanwhile have more use in a LS Mando/Scoundrels team when it comes to TB.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Oh and in between these posts, I just activated embo, got him to level 50 and gear level VI, just kind of excited about him so I thought I would say it :)

If you are excited about Embo, then by all means use him. Using characters you like IS important. That is why I farmed my CLS team before JKR. Would JKR have been stronger, quicker? Absolutely! Would I have enjoyed myself as much? Absolutely not! Embo is not going to cripple you beyond recovery, (he's really not bad), and a game is supposed to be fun after all.
  • @mandoflame1 what gear is your Mando? G8 is necessary for payout —> instakills. Also, Dengar, Greef, Boba, Bossk, Mando/Jango is optimal Chewie team nowadays, but at your lvl Boba L, Dengar, Greef, Mando, Jango. Aurra L in place of Dengar can also work, as for Mando you want a quick contract
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Definitely get Jango and Bossk - they're really good, plus you get the Hound's Tooth
  • Can we get your swgoh.gg profile link? That's important for anyone sharing on characters