"Bye Bye Bye" (and, subsequently, "Hello!") Deployable Cooling Systems

Prev13
CrispyFett
973 posts Member
edited April 2021
I know its (supposed to be) random, but of course this GC, first 3 disk nodes and no deployable cooling systems. Last GC (cancelled one) I had one in each of my first 3 nodes...I was nervous to take all three last time because wasn't sure if they stacked (apparently they do, per the boards). Que Sera, Sera
Post edited by CrispyFett on

Replies

• Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    I have already 2 of them in the two first disk node of sector 1. They are still there!
  • I got one on my first data disk pull.
  • I've gotten 3 in the first 3 nodes, including two blue ones. It's just RNG
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jefferx wrote: »
    I have already 2 of them in the two first disk node of sector 1. They are still there!

Which is, frankly, surprising. The JKL thing needed to be resolved asap even at the cost of breaking the game, but this is allowed to stay even though it is just as game-breaking.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Which is, frankly, surprising. The JKL thing needed to be resolved asap even at the cost of breaking the game, but this is allowed to stay even though it is just as game-breaking.

in all fairness, this is only in Conquest (not the whole game "breaking") and the JKL thing was affecting the whole game outside of Conquest(so actually "game breaking")

That is why it was canceled. The actual JKL issue of being able to drop a teams speed extremely low was not resolved ASAP, it was allowed to runt he whole conquest when it was discovered.
  • and I do understand the data disk choices are random, I'm just being snarky
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

in all fairness, this is only in Conquest (not the whole game "breaking") and the JKL thing was affecting the whole game outside of Conquest(so actually "game breaking")

That is why it was canceled. The actual JKL issue of being able to drop a teams speed extremely low was not resolved ASAP, it was allowed to runt he whole conquest when it was discovered.

Wait, it was affecting stuff outside Conquest even before the fix? I thought that it was isolated too and only started causing trouble after the first swing at resolving it. I was under the impression that the main reason why JKL was investigated in the first place was that he made Conquest too easy, which the cooling systems + buffs + Vader/Yoda combo does too.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    3 in first 3 shops. Shill harder, OP!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    I know its (supposed to be) random, but of course this GC, first 3 disk nodes and no deployable cooling systems. Last GC (cancelled one) I had one in each of my first 3 nodes...I was nervous to take all three last time because wasn't sure if they stacked (apparently they do, per the boards). Que Sera, Sera
    I went the ENTIRE last complete GC without getting one and then got 3 in the first day of the cancelled one. It's all random.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Ok but why complain about something that helps players? (I know, it's the forums...) You don't like it? Don't choose them or use them. Problem solved.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »

Ok but why complain about something that helps players? (I know, it's the forums...) You don't like it? Don't choose them or use them. Problem solved.

If anything, I am complaining about their inconsistent approach, not the interaction (in fact, I'm gonna use it again because I'm lazy). They tend to disable infinite loops when players find them, that's why I think it is surprising that this one is still there. Especially considering that simply taking that disk out would have little effect on Conquest other than disabling the loop.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I haven’t gotten the offensive buffs data disc in the last two conquest runs

Hopefully, this run is different!
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »

If anything, I am complaining about their inconsistent approach, not the interaction (in fact, I'm gonna use it again because I'm lazy). They tend to disable infinite loops when players find them, that's why I think it is surprising that this one is still there. Especially considering that simply taking that disk out would have little effect on Conquest other than disabling the loop.

Ya I love how much time, effort and stress this disc saves lmao. I'm somewhat surprised too, but I think it's a great sign they are leaving something in that allows us to easily perform better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Wait, it was affecting stuff outside Conquest even before the fix? I thought that it was isolated too and only started causing trouble after the first swing at resolving it. I was under the impression that the main reason why JKL was investigated in the first place was that he made Conquest too easy, which the cooling systems + buffs + Vader/Yoda combo does too.

you said the JKL thing was resolved ASAP - the original issue was not resolved ASAP, he was able to reduce the speed way lower than intended through the first 2 runs. (this was not "game breaking" as it was localized to conquest)

what was resolved ASAP was the fix that having an effect on places other than Conquest and causing it to not apply his leadership normally, for example in the TB running at the time (this one is actually game breaking, as it effecting the whole game not just conquest)

not sure if that clears things up at all.
    the difference between the JKL thing and the cooling system thing is that the cooling system thing loses effectiveness as you use stamina. Not sure it works in the 5 min timer when you get low on stamina. This follows the general setup for conquest.

the JKL thing improved and could be used at 1% stamina as long as you had any decent supporting rolls. This doesn't follow the general setup for conquest.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    vdwk8w2grw06.png

Aaaaaand I won.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »
    vdwk8w2grw06.png

Aaaaaand I won.

z5o3ggkmzz8t.png
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    vdwk8w2grw06.png

Aaaaaand I won.

z5o3ggkmzz8t.png

Aaaannd it's back.
    b28j0ofmmhpm.png
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Aaaand it's back again.
    jvy931z8krfg.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aaaand it's back again.
    jvy931z8krfg.png

3d8qslze2ljy.png
  • Anyone else got 2 x the same data disk within the same sector node ? kind of wish this kind of thing wouldn't be possible
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    bolduc40 wrote: »
    Anyone else got 2 x the same data disk within the same sector node ? kind of wish this kind of thing wouldn't be possible

I believe that is part of the larger push of changes we will see in C#4
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    8%? Pffft.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Got one purple data disk but 0 cooling system
  • I got 4 deployable cooldown disks in Sector One and another in Sector 2 😝

• I got a rock.
  • This marks my first Conquest I didn’t get Offensive Buffs and Deployable Cooling Systems in the first half sector... I just got a blue Amplify Agony and a blue Ruthless Debillitation. I’ll take it!

Did find one in Sector Two, though.
  • I've probably had one of the best starts in conquest this time around on data discs.

I've only done sector one but I've already got some decent blue ones
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

you said the JKL thing was resolved ASAP - the original issue was not resolved ASAP, he was able to reduce the speed way lower than intended through the first 2 runs. (this was not "game breaking" as it was localized to conquest)

what was resolved ASAP was the fix that having an effect on places other than Conquest and causing it to not apply his leadership normally, for example in the TB running at the time (this one is actually game breaking, as it effecting the whole game not just conquest)

the difference between the JKL thing and the cooling system thing is that the cooling system thing loses effectiveness as you use stamina. Not sure it works in the 5 min timer when you get low on stamina. This follows the general setup for conquest.

the JKL thing improved and could be used at 1% stamina as long as you had any decent supporting rolls. This doesn't follow the general setup for conquest.

I see, I guess I wasn't clear enough, and as usual (my problem, not yours), you took the explanation I didn't mean. Gotta work on that...
    So, to be clear, loops and other extremely powerful interactions are fine as long as stamina is still a limiting factor?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I see, I guess I wasn't clear enough, and as usual (my problem, not yours), you took the explanation I didn't mean. Gotta work on that...
    So, to be clear, loops and other extremely powerful interactions are fine as long as stamina is still a limiting factor?

That seems to be the case at this time, but they also have not released the full set of changes they plan, so they may address this in the next update to Conquest. I was in part just pointing out that it's not as game breaking because it doesnt trivialize the mode (as much) due to stamina. I.e. - you cant beat the whole thing only using those teams that can make a loop. Also, it doesnt affect any other game mode, and to some extent that can also make certain feats harder. I believe they are trying to walk the line, offering powerful upgrades that can make it fun, but also trying not to trivialize things. We will have to wait and see where this falls, maybe they just make certain ones more rare, or only pop up later in the game mode.
  • Woop Woop just got my 1st in Sector 2! Do I need to change the name of the post now?