Good Idea?

AhnaldisGOAT
561 posts Member
edited April 2021
I think we need a “auction system” for gear/mods People can put up what currency they want(crystals obviously excluded), the amount of gear being sold, the gear/mods starting price, etc. Like the Madden auction system. Highest bidder wins.
Good idea? Bad idea? Needs work?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Bad idea, doesn't even need any introduction

People who are about to quit the game would just low sell high quantities of gear and pay absurd amounts for terrible gear

Players with alt accounts would do the same

And so on
  • Why is grand mof Gideon only one shard? I thought they were all double?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Why is grand mof Gideon only one shard? I thought they were all double?

Only toons that have been available in marquee event for 365 days

https://swgohevents.com/marquee

Moff Gideon should have double shards (accelerated shards) on December 3rd, 2021 give or take a few days
  • Ultra wrote: »

People who are about to quit the game would just low sell high quantities of gear and pay absurd amounts for terrible gear

And so on

Well, CG could implement a system where certain gear can only be put at a minimum price. I still think it’s a good idea. If you’re about to quit, why would anyone care what their gear is sold at? Wouldn’t exactly crash the gear economy. And the people with alts argument forgets that ANYONE can bid on this gear. Again, not exactly crashing the gear economy.
  • I’m auctioning off an mk 1 carbanti. How much will you offer me?

Because my alt is willing to pay me 20k crystals for it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

And so on

Well, CG could implement a system where certain gear can only be put at a minimum price. I still think it’s a good idea. If you’re about to quit, why would anyone care what their gear is sold at? Wouldn’t exactly crash the gear economy. And the people with alts argument forgets that ANYONE can bid on this gear. Again, not exactly crashing the gear economy.

anyone bidding on it, doesn't close the door for abuse. and people quitting or coming back to an old account to dump a bunch of stuff onto an "open market" could do a fair amount of damage to the economy, even with minimum costs set by CG.

either way, I dont see this happening. its too unpredictable and also something that an early game player wouldn't understand and could hurt their progress.