Mando Faction in Shambles

Hot take, Maybe the Mandalorian Faction being in such disarray right now is on purpose.

Think about what they are 'currently' in canon; a bunch of individual factions making up one larger faction, rarely working together, and doing so with animosity when they do.

CG might actually be super big brained, and when Mando or Bad Batch or w/e show creates some unification/resolution for the Mando faction, we'll see the same in game.

If this is even marginally on purpose, I'm kind of impressed.

(Maybe I'm just hopeful. Mandalorians might be my favorite overall faction in all of SW.)

Replies

• Besides Jango and Mando, rest are C players at best.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    I highly doubt it is on purpose. They are just a mess.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well, Din is on a way to become Mandalore and it would make sense for him to progress from marquee Mando, through journey Beskar mando and one more "JKL-ish" version to Mandalore GL, so you may be on to something. Or Favreau&Filoni decide not to follow this admittedly predictable storyline and we get something else entirely...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »

I highly doubt you are correct.
    Nauros wrote: »
    Well, Din is on a way to become Mandalore and it would make sense for him to progress from marquee Mando, through journey Beskar mando and one more "JKL-ish" version to Mandalore GL, so you may be on to something. Or Favreau&Filoni decide not to follow this admittedly predictable storyline and we get something else entirely...

Yeah, this next season will be telling.

No kid, he could go either way...
  • Kyno wrote: »

Mandalorian Maul GL confirmed? 🤪
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

So you think all the Mando toons being all over the place was on purpose? Talk about a five year plan!

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

So you think all the Mando toons being all over the place was on purpose? Talk about a five year plan!

we just had season 2, and I think they are only (currently) slated for 4-5 seasons. so 2 year plan, may be more apt.

honestly not sure why anyone would be surprised by this, CG gains nothing by being that obvious about "the next move". They are always playing things as a bit of a "surprise", so yes them being all over may seem haphazard and "just a distraction", until its not. or maybe it is....... du duh duuhhhhh.....
  • Phaedon
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Mando faction is pretty bad. It’s like a C-level team at this point. I regret whaling on it but hey, I was hopeful CG would make them enjoyable to play.

Likely they were just banking on the excitement of the show and used the mandolorian faction to make some cash and have people burn off gear/mods/etc. The player base uses some of their stash before bad batch and Jedi Master Kenobi hits. Now the real money is made!
  • Zzyymm
    51 posts Member
    The Mandalorians becoming their own faction is something I’ve hoped for for a long time and I’m not giving up on them.

I’m just speculating, but what if one of GL Kenobi’s requirements is a new Dutchess Satine character with a Mando leadership ability? Alternately, what if the next GL is a new Maul with a Pre Vizla prerequisite?

I think there’s another piece still to come.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Fingers crossed they do something, seems a real shame the mando faction sucks as is.
    Would love to have them near a solid B+ team at least, and get some use in regular TW or perhaps GAC (when we increase teams). Here's hoping!