[MERGE] Free Cantina energy

Replies

• Thanks for this thread! I closed it on my phone, but I was able to get it on my tablet after seeing it here, so I didn't lose it.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Sweet ^^

I got it too but it's nice to know that I can use my other device if I miss one of the other ones.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Sweet ^^

I got it too but it's nice to know that I can use my other device if I miss one of the other ones.

I closed it out on my iphone and couldnt get it back, loaded up bluestacks and BOOM, got it. I'm glad they gave out something free, although the execution could have been better. Thanks CG.
  • TVF wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    The OP's post doesn't make "zero sense".

Go back and read the exchange again. I was not referring to the OP's post. I literally quoted the one I was talking about in my first post.

Ok, so putting aside that it wasn't the OP, but a subsequent poster, and apply the remainder of what I said about CG's execution of the freebie. Do you agree or disagree?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Go back and read the exchange again. I was not referring to the OP's post. I literally quoted the one I was talking about in my first post.

Ok, so putting aside that it wasn't the OP, but a subsequent poster, and apply the remainder of what I said about CG's execution of the freebie. Do you agree or disagree?

I don't care what you said, I responded to what I quoted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I don't care what you said, I responded to what I quoted.

All right then. 👍
  • I don’t see the issue anyone has with how they’ve done this, it’s designed to make people read the pop ups and it might make CG some more money down the line by doing that. I probably closed it down without reading it. C’est la vie
    797-722-718
  • blacky123 wrote: »
    Danubiss wrote: »
    I accidentally dismissed it like all the other junk that comes up. It hasn’t shown up again.

I reinstalled the game and got this offer again afterwards.

Thanks, it works
  • Launched the game on a second device to get the popup. It would be nice to have a button to trigger the pop-up like the hyperdrive bundle button until it's been claimed.
  • If the guild hadn't warned me, I would have closed the offer with free cantina energy. Why didn't the developers add this offer to the store or send it to the mail? Is it as difficult to remake as the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker endurance bug?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Zanir wrote: »
    If they really just wanted to give us free energy for SWday, they'd have sent it to the inbox instead of making it a pop up when those only serve to advertise packs in all other instances.

1st - that's not correct, as they have done this before, one instance was turned off shortly after it started as it was not hitting the target audience.

2nd - it may have been that way, but they set the precedent that it can be for other things (last time and this time), because there has to be a first time at some point.
  • So can anyone explain how does the way of distribution make any sense?

If I get this correctly:
    - You get a one time notification
    - without a pack to locate anywhere in the store (or on the screen), and the ad is your only way to the pack
    - you cannot reopen the ad (and thus, the pack) but there are some semi-extreme ways (multiple restarts, logging on another device for the first time, reinstalling the game) to trigger it again.

Is this truly and wholly WAI?

Also, thanks for the energy, my point is not about that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    So can anyone explain how does the way of distribution make any sense?

If I get this correctly:
    - You get a one time notification
    - without a pack to locate anywhere in the store (or on the screen), and the ad is your only way to the pack
    - you cannot reopen the ad (and thus, the pack) but there are some semi-extreme ways (multiple restarts, logging on another device for the first time, reinstalling the game) to trigger it again.

Is this truly and wholly WAI?

Also, thanks for the energy, my point is not about that.

Without some taking some time to "let it happen" we currently have no idea if this will reset in the same device at some point on its it's own. "Extreme measures" may not be necessary at all.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1771 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    First of all, thanks for the free energy, CG! Small gestures like this are great at fostering goodwill among your player base (at least this player).

The other sentiment in this thread does seem valid to me--even though I didn't close the pop up without claiming the energy--because I can definitely see how I could have been one of those folks. Just because CG did something good doesn't mean we can't offer constructive feedback as to our preferred method of delivery. If you sent me a $100 bill via USPS, stuffed it inside an envelope that looks like a pre-approved credit card offer, I will probably miss it. If CG sends us free energy in the same packaging predominantly used to promote packs for sale, some people will probably miss it. Unless there is a compelling, technical reason not to, please send to inbox next time :)

Or, if kind gestures like this become common, over time, people will start actually paying attention to the pop-ups. I think I prefer this solution best :D
  • Every other ad pops up 10x a day. This one won't pop up twice after I dismissed it the first time thinking they were trying to sell me something.
  • Oh look, for the umpteenth time EA is trying to sell me something else. I don’t need to read more pricey offers, close that & avoid the aggravation ... oh, wait, what was that? Cantina?

You want to send me a gift, use the mail INBOX like you usually do. And if you do vary the method try giving ADVANCE notice, not telling me about 10 hours afterwards.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    You can choose not to get the cantina energy if you don’t want it
  • The problem is that they noticed it after a lot of people already clicked it away because FTP players never buy these packs, so there is no reason to look at it. And now we can't find it anymore
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    The problem is that they noticed it after a lot of people already clicked it away because FTP players never buy these packs, so there is no reason to look at it. And now we can't find it anymore

You tried the method in the dev post?
  • FYI: this pop-up seems to be limited to device, and not account.

No matter how many times you load an additional account on the same device which has already accepted this offer, it doesn’t trigger. (Deleting and reinstalling does address this situation.)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I tapped it away on my tablet because I wanted to spend the cantina energy that I had. Couldn’t find it. Logged in on my phone and the pop up happened again.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be somewhere. I agree with you that it should be in the Store marked as free. I’m just offering my solution this morning.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    w7g5g1p2s5jv.jpg
    Worked straight away after switching targeted ad off then back on
  • The free energy should just be sent to inbox in game. Seems like it would be less of an issue.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The free energy should just be sent to inbox in game. Seems like it would be less of an issue.

This way they get everyone to turn on targeted advertising....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The free energy should just be sent to inbox in game. Seems like it would be less of an issue.

and pay attention to pop ups.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

I know the trick, just seems... shady? But in a post 2020 world, nothing really phases me anymore. I'm pretty sure the surprise center of my brain has been damaged.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

I know the trick, just seems... shady? But in a post 2020 world, nothing really phases me anymore. I'm pretty sure the surprise center of my brain has been damaged.

Whats shady about wanting to get ads in return for free stuff? Its the norm, not shady

Also, you can immediately turn it off again after collecting the energy
  • sorry guys, the fact is that i see the 100 energies gift but acidently close the page of gift and then i never see and got the gift.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Whats shady about wanting to get ads in return for free stuff? Its the norm, not shady

Also, you can immediately turn it off again after collecting the energy

6 more days though. That's a lot of restarts.