[MERGE] Free Cantina energy

Replies

• Balí_Keno
    29 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Thanks. I checked it out minutes earlier and didn't had that update. 8)
    I will log out of forum for the day, now.
    Good luck, everyone.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Naeris wrote: »
    w2oimuexa1ex.png
    That's not very "free"

Glad you got the screenshot. Went back into the game to make the screenshot and now it's gone. But at least your screenshot makes sure i don't look like a hallucinating fool.

Were any Ally Points deducted when you claimed it or is it just a placeholder?
    I don't want to waste 1 Mio. Ally Points for 100 Cantina energy, lol

Do you have 1m ally points to be deducted???

Yes. 3.64 million actually

Adding you to my imaginary list of people who I better never see complain about a gear crunch ;)

Seriously though, why? Spend them, you fool :P
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I have tried turning on the EA In-game targeting advertising multiple times although I have not seen the pop up yet, how do I find it?
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Just tried again and still cant see the pop-up
  • Like everything else that comes out, the free energy is bugged? Why am i not surprised.
  • el_mago wrote: »
    I've seen others post this same problem. Because so many other threads have been merged here, I may have missed the solution or reason for it, so help me out of I did.

I have two accounts, one device (NOT 2 girls, 1 cup).

Day 1 (4/28) of offer: logged into main first, received free cantina energy; did not receive free cantina energy on the alt.

Day 2 (4/29): logged into alt first, received free cantina energy, have yet to receive the free cantina energy on my main (though I'll obviously keep trying)

What's up?

It's a new type of RNG.
    Naeris wrote: »
    w2oimuexa1ex.png
    That's not very "free"

Glad you got the screenshot. Went back into the game to make the screenshot and now it's gone. But at least your screenshot makes sure i don't look like a hallucinating fool.

Were any Ally Points deducted when you claimed it or is it just a placeholder?
    I don't want to waste 1 Mio. Ally Points for 100 Cantina energy, lol

Do you have 1m ally points to be deducted???

Yes. 3.64 million actually

yikes. I was at 1mil like a week and half ago and I spent 500k immediately. SHARD CURRENCY!!!!
  • But in all honesty this just needs to go to the inbox and not be an ad CG. Seriously.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are looking into why the pop up isn't showing up for a second day for some players. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244206/7-days-of-free-cantina-energy#latest
  • Vengence wrote: »
    Perhaps in game mail would have been a better way, you know a proven system

But that doesn't get everyone to turn on targeted ads.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Has anyone actually gotten the 2nd day's free energy?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Worked fine on the first day, nothing today (got other popups though). Switching targeted ad settings didn't help.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    We are looking into why the pop up isn't showing up for a second day for some players. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244206/7-days-of-free-cantina-energy#latest

Thank god, I was wondering where it was
    Treeburner wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    The OP's post doesn't make "zero sense".

Go back and read the exchange again. I was not referring to the OP's post. I literally quoted the one I was talking about in my first post.

Ok, so putting aside that it wasn't the OP, but a subsequent poster, and apply the remainder of what I said about CG's execution of the freebie. Do you agree or disagree?

I don't care what you said, I responded to what I quoted.

Yeah screw his valid points we are just here to pick up on the one bit of incorrect info, don't ask us to actually agree with something.

I'm not interested in that part of the discussion. If you are, that's fine. Feel free to agree with him all you like.

I don't care about your reply , I responded to what I quoted, feel free to continue this discussion with someone that cares all you like.
  • I have tried turning on the EA In-game targeting advertising multiple times although I have not seen the pop up yet, how do I find it?

Just to make sure you have it on. After the many tries:
    Go to EA Advertising option. If it says "off", it is off so touch and it will restart "on". If it says "on", just touch the "back" triangle/arrow on your top left side to not do an action and leave it as is.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I've never shut off the targeted ads. They should've just put them in the inbox. At least that works.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I've never shut off the targeted ads. They should've just put them in the inbox. At least that works.

Why should they stick with what they know works? Try something different. What could go wrong?.... oh, wait....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Got it on my alt, but not my main. The reverse of yesterday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The OP's post doesn't make "zero sense".

Go back and read the exchange again. I was not referring to the OP's post. I literally quoted the one I was talking about in my first post.

Ok, so putting aside that it wasn't the OP, but a subsequent poster, and apply the remainder of what I said about CG's execution of the freebie. Do you agree or disagree?

I don't care what you said, I responded to what I quoted.

Yeah screw his valid points we are just here to pick up on the one bit of incorrect info, don't ask us to actually agree with something.

I'm not interested in that part of the discussion. If you are, that's fine. Feel free to agree with him all you like.

I don't care about your reply , I responded to what I quoted, feel free to continue this discussion with someone that cares all you like.

Exactly!
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    I finally got it today, but never got it yesterday after multiple hard resets and log ins.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Sorry - I'm legit confused by this statement. So you got Day 1 on both accounts and Day 2 on your alt? Or Day 1on your main yesterday and Day 1 on your alt today?

(i.e. have you gotten 2 sets of rewards on any account?)

• TVF
    36527 posts Member

Sorry - I'm legit confused by this statement. So you got Day 1 on both accounts and Day 2 on your alt? Or Day 1on your main yesterday and Day 1 on your alt today?

Day 1 - Main yes, alt no
    Day 2 - Main no, alt yes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Day 1 - Main yes, alt no
    Day 2 - Main no, alt yes

Okay - so haven't gotten 2 days of rewards on any account. 1 time only - which is the same situation for everyone in my guild. I think Crumb's comment about looking into why "some" players haven't gotten a 2nd reward is a little off. From what I've gathered no one has gotten 2nd rewards.

• This is the absolute worst possible way you could have given free energy. It's filled with glitches, people don't get it or dismiss it thinking it's part of the other spam, . . . why or why would anyone do this using pop ups.
    Some communication prior to the roll out of this would have been wonderful...

This is why we can't have nice things.

CG: Here have free energy:
    FORUMS: Why weren't we notified ahead of time so we could plan accordingly?!?!?!?

Is this why we can't have nice things?
    That does not make sense lmao... you just didn't find something to pick on and went full random

How does it not make sense and how is what I said random?

CG gave us free stuff. And naturally someone on the forum found a way to complain about it in a way that makes zero sense.

And naturally someone found a way to completely ignore the obvious problems with how this was done, while bullying someone who dared to raise those issues.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Some communication prior to the roll out of this would have been wonderful...

This is why we can't have nice things.

CG: Here have free energy:
    FORUMS: Why weren't we notified ahead of time so we could plan accordingly?!?!?!?

Is this why we can't have nice things?
    That does not make sense lmao... you just didn't find something to pick on and went full random

How does it not make sense and how is what I said random?

CG gave us free stuff. And naturally someone on the forum found a way to complain about it in a way that makes zero sense.

And naturally someone found a way to completely ignore the obvious problems with how this was done, while bullying someone who dared to raise those issues.

"bullying"
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    I tried iOS, Nox, enabling targeted advertising. No pop up for me today. I mean no free energy pop up.. gear crate pop ups works just fine B)
  • I dont got it eighter..... Second day and nothing..... My whole guild complains about it! :(
  • Got it yesterday. Didn't get it today. None of the suggested fixes are working.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    Apparently you’re supposed to get it once per day.
    Today I got 2 pop ups with ads for paid bundles but no free energy so far.

Same

Same