[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    The same kind of people that make thread titles like "Darth Maul coming to Conquest".
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7514 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    Lots of people? As mentioned, it's a valid concern. Not sure they'll do it, though, since they have to know doing so would cause 98% of their players to instantly not care about JMK.
  • Options
    2seefjl9s475.jpg
    Why is this happening?
  • Options
    Would have posted this in bug reports but that system is as unresponsive as these galactic challenge feats
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    Would have posted this in bug reports but that system is as unresponsive as these galactic challenge feats

    Could have posted it in the thread that’s actually talking about it. Same as last GC, just do the Feat in T4 and collect your max crate it’s not a big issue
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Would have posted this in bug reports but that system is as unresponsive as these galactic challenge feats

    Probably the exact same issue at last GC that was causing the feats to not count for lower levels. Guess they didn’t fix it yet
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    RTS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

    Posts like this just make me lol.

    You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

    The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

    Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

    You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

    If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    Past practices of CG having little to no foresight?
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Shifting gears for just a minute...with the changes coming to Conquest....are we really not getting any kind of counter for these TM and other counted feats? Like for real? Not even a mention of it?

    We dont have a list yet of the changes, but I dont believe that is going to be in this round.

    Ugh.....so the guessing games continue with those feats....joy....
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

    Posts like this just make me lol.

    You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

    The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

    Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

    You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

    If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

    Why would people spend if they were in the GET store? They would only be available using GET2 most likely and last I knew you can't purchase that. At best the move would make them a bit more attainable but certainly doesn't generate spending.

    They could spend on the other reqs because GET purchases would still be much faster than traditional KAM unlock.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

    Posts like this just make me lol.

    You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

    The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

    Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

    You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

    If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

    Why would people spend if they were in the GET store? They would only be available using GET2 most likely and last I knew you can't purchase that. At best the move would make them a bit more attainable but certainly doesn't generate spending.

    They could spend on the other reqs because GET purchases would still be much faster than traditional KAM unlock.

    I feel like you'd be better off focusing on 501St

    I can already complete the mission. I’m just pointing out that GET purchases would speed up KAM unlocks and thus could drive spending on the other reqs for JMK.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

    Posts like this just make me lol.

    You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

    The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

    Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

    You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

    If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

    Why would people spend if they were in the GET store? They would only be available using GET2 most likely and last I knew you can't purchase that. At best the move would make them a bit more attainable but certainly doesn't generate spending.

    They could spend on the other reqs because GET purchases would still be much faster than traditional KAM unlock.

    I feel like you'd be better off focusing on 501St

    If you’re going after JMK day one, chances are your Malak and 501st are good to go.

    Also, people most likely have massive stock of GET currency. You can buy crystals and use those crystals to refresh the store to buy his shards. That’s how the money falls in place there.

    Also, you’re right, it is a solid argument as to why they won’t make him a req as is, but CG is not beyond such a massive oversight and have made insane gear/toon reqs before. Remember Malak and his release with a 3 day warning? Fun stuff lol.
  • BeralCator
    791 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

    Posts like this just make me lol.

    You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

    The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

    Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

    You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

    If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

    Why would people spend if they were in the GET store? They would only be available using GET2 most likely and last I knew you can't purchase that. At best the move would make them a bit more attainable but certainly doesn't generate spending.

    They could spend on the other reqs because GET purchases would still be much faster than traditional KAM unlock.

    I'm not so sure about this. There may be a few people that have a ton of GET hoarded that could 7* a character through that store right away, but most people will take a few months of TBs to accumulate enough currency. The F2P cadence of GLs is only about 3-4 months, so again, there isn't *that* much urgency.

    I guess forcing people to use GET for a character instead of G12/12+ gear might create some revenue as gear will come more slowly, but I think it would pale in comparison to the frenzy spending if you don't make KAM a requirement. There's people who will drop $300-500 maxing out Bo-Katan in June that just won't do if they have to get KAM through the GET store and it's going to take until August/September.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

    Posts like this just make me lol.

    You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

    The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

    Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

    You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

    If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

    Why would people spend if they were in the GET store? They would only be available using GET2 most likely and last I knew you can't purchase that. At best the move would make them a bit more attainable but certainly doesn't generate spending.

    They could spend on the other reqs because GET purchases would still be much faster than traditional KAM unlock.

    I'm not so sure about this. There may be a few people that have a ton of GET hoarded that could 7* a character through that store right away, but most people will take a few months of TBs to accumulate enough currency. The F2P cadence of GLs is only about 3-4 months, so again, there isn't *that* much urgency.

    I guess forcing people to use GET for a character instead of G12/12+ gear might create some revenue as gear will come more slowly, but I think it would pale in comparison to the frenzy spending if you don't make KAM a requirement. There's people who will drop $300-500 maxing out Bo-Katan in June that just won't do if they have to get KAM through the GET store and it's going to take until August/September.

    I agree with you. My post was directed specifically at why people would spend more if KAM is a requirement and also offered as GET purchase compared to not being offered as a GET purchase.
    Pile wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

    Posts like this just make me lol.

    You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

    The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

    Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

    You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

    If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

    Why would people spend if they were in the GET store? They would only be available using GET2 most likely and last I knew you can't purchase that. At best the move would make them a bit more attainable but certainly doesn't generate spending.

    They could spend on the other reqs because GET purchases would still be much faster than traditional KAM unlock.

    I feel like you'd be better off focusing on 501St

    I can already complete the mission. I’m just pointing out that GET purchases would speed up KAM unlocks and thus could drive spending on the other reqs for JMK.

    People are going to spend regardless. I can't see KAM as a requirement as it serves no other purpose than to intentionally curb the amount of people who can get JMK. Makes no sense. More likely to see obscure Jedi council members that people don't have geared than KAM.

    I also see it as a possibility that KAM will not be required. I am patiently waiting to find out. I was just pointing out that if KAM is required (we don’t know that) spending would be higher simply from being able to purchase KAM shards from GET than not at all. And you are right... spenders are going to spend. I also think it is more likely to see obscure Jedi council members before KAM. Time will tell.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    CG is "forecasting" the possibility by saying maybe. Or are you saying that there is no chance he will be required?
    Besides, he fits right in. So, to continue the analogy, I look out of the window and see clouds.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    CG is "forecasting" the possibility by saying maybe.

    Lol they have said nothing. Players that want to jump the gun are the ones saying maybe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    CG is "forecasting" the possibility by saying maybe.

    Lol they have said nothing. Players that want to jump the gun are the ones saying maybe.

    Which means that there is a chance, doesn't it? As far as I know, there is nothing saying that it won't happen, so "maybe" is entirely accurate.
    Your nitpick is correct, though. They didn't say maybe, they said nothing which amounts to a maybe.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    CG is "forecasting" the possibility by saying maybe.

    Lol they have said nothing. Players that want to jump the gun are the ones saying maybe.

    Which means that there is a chance, doesn't it? As far as I know, there is nothing saying that it won't happen, so "maybe" is entirely accurate.
    Your nitpick is correct, though. They didn't say maybe, they said nothing which amounts to a maybe.

    There's also a chance that you have to have all current GLs to unlock this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    There's also a chance you have to pay $1000 cash for entry to the event.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    There's also a chance you have to have every toon on your roster at R8 beyond the ones already mentioned.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    CG has not said that any of these won't happen, so they're all maybes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    CG is "forecasting" the possibility by saying maybe.

    Lol they have said nothing. Players that want to jump the gun are the ones saying maybe.

    Which means that there is a chance, doesn't it? As far as I know, there is nothing saying that it won't happen, so "maybe" is entirely accurate.
    Your nitpick is correct, though. They didn't say maybe, they said nothing which amounts to a maybe.

    There's also a chance that you have to have all current GLs to unlock this one.

    I could go on about how KAM fits neatly to General Kenobi and would make sense as a requirement. Or point to Kyno talking about GLs as a requirement in this very thread. But you know all this. You are just trolling. Again.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, the old "i disagree with you or don't understand your point therefore you are trolling" chestnut.

    The point is that it's silly to worry about something that we all have no clue about and will know soon enough anyway.

    But feel free to lob more insults at me anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7514 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

    Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

    I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

    That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

    It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

    And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

    The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

    ...

    Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

    Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

    I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

    Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

    Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

    That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

    So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

    Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

    Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

    Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

    Lots of people? As mentioned, it's a valid concern. Not sure they'll do it, though, since they have to know doing so would cause 98% of their players to instantly not care about JMK.

    It's no more valid that saying the rest of the required toons will be R8. People are getting salty over speculation and it's kind of ignorant.

    Well that's not true. We have patterns and we can guess, probably fairly accurately what the other relic levels will be. We have no way to know whether or not KAM will be there, and if he is that excludes 98% of the game's population, so I think that's a valid concern. Until I know he isn't required, I'm certainly not hyped.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    We have no way to know whether or not KAM will be there

    And yet we'll know in a month, and you can't speed up a KAM farm either way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ah, the old "i disagree with you or don't understand your point therefore you are trolling" chestnut.

    The point is that it's silly to worry about something that we all have no clue about and will know soon enough anyway.

    But feel free to lob more insults at me anyway.

    KAM as a requirement - completely sensible, considering what the GL requirements have been so far. He fits the timeline, affiliation, everything. The only thing keeping it from certainty is the sheer amount of GR Jedi.
    All "examples" you wrote - utterly absurd.
    How is it anything but trolling?
Sign In or Register to comment.