[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• gflegui wrote: »
    R8 GK.
    R7 QGJ, Maul, GAS, Old Ben.
    R6 Cody, Padme.
    R5 Bo Katan + 1 Marquee.
    R3 Mace Windu, Ayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Clone Sgt.
    Negotiatior

I would save GAS and Padmé for a "Fallen Anakin" one, that seems more possible now that CAT (Commander Ahsoka Tano, lol) is coming to the game too (and of course, as a requirement possibly)
  • gflegui wrote: »
    R8 GK.
    R6 Cody, Padme.
    R5 Bo Katan + 1 Marquee.
    Negotiatior

You are missing Cody bro
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

Its not locked to top tier players

The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

You can always buy the r8 packs, though

It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

Definitely a roster/mod lock

Except it's literally not. Hard for a lot of ppl, sure. But not locked at all.
    Yeah you can’t get in a guild getting significant KAM shards unless you have about 6 mil GP, don’t believe me? Check the guild recruitment section. I don’t think KAM will be required, but I also an not naive enough to put it past CG

There have many things that require a decent guild to achieve at the time. This is not new, and is not a lock. Not good enough to be in a good guild, then you're probably also not ready for the 5th GL either. Good thing there are 4 others that are easier to get.

I’m sorry but you are just wrong when it comes to KAM

How? You say it's a lock, but it's literally not. Will everyone get it right away? No. CAN anyone get it right away. Yes.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    gflegui wrote: »
    R8 GK.
    R6 Cody, Padme.
    R5 Bo Katan + 1 Marquee.
    Negotiatior

You are missing Cody bro

No i’m not
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    R8 kit fisto just for fun

Edit: I agree mariogsh, forgot about her. She’s the other noob
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It's a mega thread about the entire road ahead, I agree that a lot of people are talking about kenobi requirements though.

ok. See ya after the merge.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".
  • Maybe literally it isn’t a lock, but it absolutely is a wall for non krackens
  • Another thing is the fact that none of the other GLs needed R8 so why start now if he's only going to be on par with them.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Maybe literally it isn’t a lock, but it absolutely is a wall for non krackens

Not sure the difference in a wall or lock. Nor do I know your definition of a kraken.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Another thing is the fact that none of the other GLs needed R8 so why start now if he's only going to be on par with them.

r8 didn't exist when other GLs needed prereqs
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK
  • Right, so if he's going to be only the same as them then many players probably won't want to go for him, even people that spend money
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

So you're saying some already have? And presumably more unlocked every TB? And how long until these poor "non krackens" have all the other reqs anyway?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    General Kenobi is one of the best tanks in the game, one of the best non-legendary characters in the game, and is needed for the best capital ship in the game. Getting him to Relic 8 isn't bad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

So you're saying some already have? And presumably more unlocked every TB? And how long until these poor "non krackens" have all the other reqs anyway?

Well on my end, I won’t have kam 7* for several more months. 6.6mil GP and my guild is similar in strength. Most anyone has is 4* KAM. I’m no kraken and outside of Bo-Katan, I have the rest no less than G12. So pretty close depending on the rest. Not happy about taking mace to R3 with as junk of a character as he is and no rework, but depending on his kit, may be worth it
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Well on my end, I won’t have kam 7* for several more months. 6.6mil GP and my guild is similar in strength. Most anyone has is 4* KAM. I’m no kraken and outside of Bo-Katan, I have the rest no less than G12. So pretty close depending on the rest. Not happy about taking mace to R3 with as junk of a character as he is and no rework, but depending on his kit, may be worth it

So the average person who is a few months off from KAM is probably a ways off from other reqs anyway. Considering there are more to come.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    All the Jedi Masters. Which is going to hurt because I'm just not good enough to get KiAdiMundi shards.... My guild gets some each time, but I feel like if I'm not beating the mission that I'm not going to get him quickly enough.

On the plus side, it means I can take my time farming the requirements, since I'll have to do, at a minimum, Boca Ratan from near scratch.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

I mean it’s definitely not but sure believe whatever you want to I guess. There’s still a big difference between KAM and a GL despite his exclusivity. Im not saying that he definitely won’t be a requirement even though I personally don’t expect him to be but them not confirming either way definitely isn’t a yes
  • That's not the point though. I don't have access to R8. Unless I can gain 2mil gp or join a good enough guild that I can stay in, it's unavailable
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »

I mean it’s definitely not but sure believe whatever you want to I guess. There’s still a big difference between KAM and a GL despite his exclusivity. Im not saying that he definitely won’t be a requirement even though I personally don’t expect him to be but them not confirming either way definitely isn’t a yes

You are right, there is a difference. KAM is harder to get.

So the average person who is a few months off from KAM is probably a ways off from other reqs anyway. Considering there are more to come.

Yet getting Bo-Katan and other future marquees is far and beyond easier and more achievable than KAM.

Regardless of what you respond or say, many agree that KAM being a requirement is ridiculous to expect anyone outside of the top 1% to be able to get done.

Also no, it’s not “a few months” for KAM. My guild is getting on average about 20-25 KAM shards a month. Maybe. I have him at 4* and 9 shards extra. That means 241 more shards to max him. That’s at least 10 more months. Many don’t have him unlocked even, so take on even more at the current rate my guild gets them. So unless they change where he’s available (adding him to GET store or nodes) that’s a ridiculous requirement. Plain and simple
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Defending KAM as a requirement has to be a new low on the forum...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Even if they don't require KAM, he is going to be a GR Jedi, so KAM might end up being needed for arena

There are usually substitutes for arena. Not so for requirements...
  • Nauros wrote: »

Agreed.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

To be clear, I said it's not a lock. However difficult you want to cry about it being is irrelevant.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Yes indeed
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    this was funnier before I read "s casual guild" lol.

Ok?

I'll help (since you might have missed the joke)...initially, Gifafi read it like this:

Please don’t make kam or wat required for the next gl’s. It will destroy some family based guilds like my own. I’m a serious player, I spend on the game but I can’t leave my wife and my son...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    Prior TB exclusive toons were required for GLs. Why not KAM and WAT?