Kind of a new player needing some guidence (on and off player at max lvl)

DePlexx
5 posts Member
edited April 2021
So I've been playing the game on and off for 1 and a half years now and all I've been doing is collecting characters I like. I'm now at max level and I'm wanting to play the game more seriously (to enjoy it more). Looking for any advice on what I could do next

my swgoh.gg is here

Replies

• Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Looking over your roster, you've got a really good base to go with. I would say your focus now should be 2 things. 1) Getting your fleet up to speed and 2) Gearing your existing characters (especially those who will help fleet).
    If I were you, I'd do the following (somewhat in order of how I'd prioritize):
    1. Finish off your Geos. Put your next zeta on Geo Brood Alpha, get Poggle to 7* and take them all to g12.
    2. Look for a better guild doing Geo DS and LS TB. You want something probably 200m+ gp which should be easy to find with your roster, and ESPECIALLY easy after you get your Geos to g12 for the Wat mission
    3. Farm up Shaak Ti to 7* and gear her up, and you can put her in your Clones team instead of Cody
    4. Start working up a Padme team (Padme, GK, JKA, Ahsoka and GMY. You can easy get all to 7* especially once you have your Geos g12 and this will become a really solid team, plus help fleet which I'll talk about below)
    5. You can put together a pretty good Sith/Empire team fairly easy. Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Dooku and I would say KRU even though he isn't Sith/Empire since you already have him r1 with a zeta

That will give you things to do focusing on gear and relics and you won't need to farm more character shards at the moment.
    Fleet, definitely will need some work but based on your roster I'd suggest going the following way:
    1. Focus on Galactic Republic, since you'll be gearing many pilots already from above
    2. Farm JKA Eta-2 ship every day and you will be getting JKA geared anyway for Padme above
    3. Ahsoka's starfighter, same as above and this you can get from the stores so is easy to 7*
    4. Start buying Plo's starfighter when you see it from the stores and work on farming the character to 7*
    5. Farm Bossk and Jango/Hounds Tooth node every day. These are very long farms but that ship is one of the best in the game for tanking, and Bossk is a great BH character. Plus I don't know where you stand on the Credit Heist events, but you likely need slightly better BH's to complete the top tier. With a Bossk and Boba where you have him, you can easy get it.

Overall it seems you like Galactic Replubic, so not only will this plan fill out your roster with some great teams, but it will also be enjoyable for you!
  • Oh and by the way, having your Geos all g12, plus having your clones + Shaak Ti where they are, will be great for marketing yourself to new guilds 200m+ or higher because these are the 2 teams needed for Geo DS & LS TB to get Wat and KAM shards.
  • DePlexx
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Thank you for such an in-depth reply! I really wasn't expecting it.
    2. Look for a better guild doing Geo DS and LS TB. You want something probably 200m+ gp which should be easy to find with your roster, and ESPECIALLY easy after you get your Geos to g12 for the Wat mission
    This is my first time on the forums, do you suggest using the forums to find a guild or the in-game guild finder?

I can 7* Padme and GMY now so I'll definitely do that and get a decent Padme team going

Fleets are definitely something I know I am lacking in. I need to get back into it after getting stuck on a mission and giving up. Is the Plo starfighter worth it? Cause I found his actual character lacking, so I didn't bother levelling/gearing him up and left his ship alone.

Also, are none of the GLs worth doing at this time? Cause I know I have slowly got some First Order units naturally, and people in my guild have said SLK is very good to get for me.

Appreciate all the feedback!
  • DePlexx wrote: »
    Thank you for such an in-depth reply! I really wasn't expecting it.
    This is my first time on the forums, do you suggest using the forums to find a guild or the in-game guild finder?

I can 7* Padme and GMY now so I'll definitely do that and get a decent Padme team going

Fleets are definitely something I know I am lacking in. I need to get back into it after getting stuck on a mission and giving up. Is the Plo starfighter worth it? Cause I found his actual character lacking, so I didn't bother levelling/gearing him up and left his ship alone.

Also, are none of the GLs worth doing at this time? Cause I know I have slowly got some First Order units naturally, and people in my guild have said SLK is very good to get for me.

Appreciate all the feedback!

Yes, I'm pretty sure the Guild section of the forums is a great place to start. Getting in a good guild will help you so much - especially because you can get the Negotiator. BTW, don't spend any GET2 on anything besides the Negotiator until it is unlocked, then look and see if you want to 7* it, or get Malev. Either way, don't spend any on gear until you have both at 7*.

Yes, Plo's ship is good - especially the reinforcement ability. But, his actual character is kinda trash, so don't put too much gear into him.

GLs are worth doing, although for you, I wouldn't chase after one yet. I would do what @Intimmydation said, and build up your roster that way first.

Hope that helps :)
  • Hmm my long reply got deleted :(

Anyway to summarize, yeah you can use these forums or find a discord server for guild recruitment. WIth your roster target a guild minimum 200m gp, probably 220m+ that is doing both DS & LS Geo TB.

You will want to find one that fits your play style...casual, active, competitive, etc....don't need to take the first offer you get, be sure to find one that will fit you.

I wouldn't rush the GL, focus on filling our your current teams, then you can decide which way to go next. There are many options such as a GL, JKR/DR/Malak or GAS.

Focus hard on fleet though as you can likely make up ground in Arena there to start generating more daily crystal income.
  • Ct_2626535
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    How do I change my name on galaxy of heroes
  • Why has no one replied
  • Ct_2626535 wrote: »

In the game click in the top left for your profile, and then click the pencil to edit your name. First name change is free after that costs 200 crystals each time
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I agree that you shouldn't get your GL too early - because if you do, your roster will be quite unbalanced and you might have a hard time in the Grand Arena (so many relatively useless relics, vs ppl with useful relics...)
  • Ct_2626535
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Ct_2626535 wrote: »

In the game click in the top left for your profile, and then click the pencil to edit your name. First name change is free after that costs 200 crystals each time
    I can’t see the pencil because it doesn’t show up