Next Stop: GAS or SLKR?

KorAgaz
105 posts Member
As I'm 2 zetas and ~3.167 gear levels away from unlocking Malak, my mind started wandering off to the next grand step of my journey. Considering that the last time I asked for advice, the forum changed my mind to phenomenally good effect, I'm here yet again.

At ~2.9M GP (Arenas income is a meagre 75 crystals), I'm currently working on a full R5 JKR team and a full R5 DR team. With the exception of Malak's relic, this should take me like a month or so more. The question is, what's my next long-term goal? I've considered:

(a) GAS: this will require relics and unlocks for his requirements and his crew. That's about a dozen characters (and a few ships). Then, as my current GET stash is just about 12k and it's meant for Malak, I should be able to finish starring him in like a year from now.

(b) SLKR: over a dozen relics (and at higher levels), ships... However there's no GET roadblock.

And here's the dilemma:

go for GAS, which means I'll build up a few squads (C3PO, Padme, Sep Droids, Clones) and a basic GR fleet (I have 100 Nego shards atm), BUT have a proper GAS team in a year

OR

go for SLKR, which means I'll bloat my top GP characters with the likes of Vet Solo, BUT have one of the top 4 (soon top 6) characters in the game offering a big advantage in Arena, GAC, Raids in probably less than a year (as an added plus I'll finally get the incentive to relic EP)

I'm leaning towards the latter, but if so I'll have to make some farming changes for ships. Already farming HT anyway, but considering to swap my node refresh from ETA to XB.

Replies

• Hortus
    615 posts Member
    I'm currently working on a full R5 JKR team and a full R5 DR team.

What's the point of this? The only reason for strict R5 teams is CPit raid, if you do it just for nice looking numbers better put those resources elsewhere.

If you can get SLKR faster than GAS then I'd definitely go for SLKR (in fact, I did it myself and have no regrets).
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    I think in your case the answer is pretty simple, dont get GAS. he needs to be 7* to work, and without get1 saved up, you will have him unlocked way before you could get the currency needed.

So you next big project should be a GL. SLKR means you need to get the finalizer, thats very likely gonna be your main roadblock, but id also consider a look at SEE, he might be the GL you can get the fastest, and there is some overlap with your Sith, in addition to giving you better teams (Troopers + Empire), and it has at least some synergy with you going for negotiator (you gotta relic JKA, and he is the core ship for the negotiator fleet)
  • It doesn't matter. You will probably enjoy SLKR more. GAS is cool but not that cool. I did him with Assaj and b1 relic by the way.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    SLKR might just be the best character in the game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    Yeah, seems like SLKR is the way to go, thanks for the replies!

Considered SEE too, his requirements would make more sense roster-wise, but he seems lackluster compared to other GLs and it's a year-long endeavor ayway, so can't settle for (probably) the worst of the four.
  • I would say GAS.
  • I had this same option on my alt account and decided to go for GAS, though I knew I'd be able to 7* him by the time I unlocked him.

My main reason for deciding on GAS was light side geonosis. I've ended up with several very useful characters for LSgeo, which is way tougher than dark side.
  • I had this same option on my alt account and decided to go for GAS, though I knew I'd be able to 7* him by the time I unlocked him.

My main reason for deciding on GAS was light side geonosis. I've ended up with several very useful characters for LSgeo, which is way tougher than dark side.

It is exactly what I was thinking AND GAS and 5s make an excellent SLKR 5v5 counter with Han, Chew, and C3PO. I have yet to have the counter fail.