[-- Squad Help --]

Islindur
38 posts Member
edited December 2015
Okey so my "core" is Lumi 6* (working 7*), Sid 5*, Dooku 4* (working 5).
I'd like to leave them coz Lumi gr8 dps + heals, Sid cool dmg + heal block, Dooku nice counter chance + stun is very handy vs Jedi.

>> GO TO EDIT SECTION OR LAST POST <<

I also got 4* Chewie and soon 4* JC.
I wanna sub Chewie for something, not sure for what really... I was thinking about Kylo, but I'm lvl 49 now and farming will take ages I think.
So I was thinking Boba or Opress. Which one of those shall I go for ? Opress will be much easier to star up, he also has top HP and dmg stats, but weaker abilities. Boba will be sloow from cantina + I don't have much luck in shard farming so he will takes time to star up. But he got ok dmg and hp (lower than Opress though) + chance for self rez + ability block. Could swap him as leader with Sidious.
So, if 1, which one of those I shall go for ? Dunno what will give me more benefit, more tankiness and single target dmg from Opress (aswell easier *up) or ability block and good leader skill (assuming he survives to hit with his medicore speed).

Or maybe....go for both and throw away JC and leave 1 healer (Luminara)? Will it be enough heals? That way I'd have tanky, dpsy Opress and Ability blocking Fett. But again, will it be enough heals? I plan to stay under 200 consistently for 700 credits.

> E D I T <

So after reading threads like those: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/23847#Comment_23847 | https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/25413#Comment_25413

I actually started to reconsider my choices.
So core stays: Lumi, Sid, Dooku but other options are:
-JC atm 4* purple gear
-5555 Fives (4/50)
-Fett (60/80)
-Phasma 4*
-Ventress (40/50)
-Vader (60/80)

F2P so farming and *up takes time, don't wanna spend time gearing up hero and then noticing he is quite negible...

I'm taking mainly about PvP (squad arena), it's supposed to be my go-to-cookie-cutter team.

ThX for any help :)
Post edited by Islindur on

Replies

• Options
    If you decide to farm Savage you will be starring Sid then Savage then Sid etc. This will take time just like farming the Cantina. At the end of the day you will have to decide who to farm from Cantina, so it may as well be Boba. I say farm both, worst case scenario you have another hero for dark side missions, Galactic War and challenges.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • data90x
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My team is Lumi 6 nearly 7, JC 6 nearly 7, Sid 6 nearly 7, 4 star Bari and 4 star Dooku nearly 5. Solid top 5 on my server.
  • Options
    Up Up ! more opinions! :) Thx boys above :)
  • Options
    I dont think luminara, dooku, or even sidious are the kind of characters that you build a team around. They are all filler characters that fit anywhere. But, you work with what you've got. JC becomes really powerful with his special attack, matching luminara and playing the attacker role whenever it is up. He also has a faster cooldown on his healing allowing you to heal more often. Your team currently is average on damage, but wont be able to kill before heal. JC leveled up, and luminara, both with their specials could finish the kill, providing you with that necessary power. Other than that, i would seek a turn manipulator to provide you with a turn advantage. Phasma would actually be great, as she would also greatly increase your teams damage with advantage and assists.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    better go for kylo since u need the squad arena for sid and cantina shipments arent really farmable.
    So u can 7* ur lumi and sid and eventually kylo. though kylo will compete for shards with jc. I also recommend replacing jc with phasma as she is easily farmable aswell(gw shards are collected much easier than squad arena).
  • Options
    How is Kylo farmable? I already struggle to 4* my JC through cantina only, gettin 80 for example for Kylo will be a pain too... As much as I wanted Kylo I don't see him being 6* star any soon...

I got Phasam ofc, are her bonuses rlly that good to go for her ?

I started buying Boba shards, I'm at 25/80 atm. Ability block could potentialy be very powerful.
    Still dunno, shall I lvl and leave JC or replace him... I red he is quite good later in lvls.
    Phasma+Fett combo maybe?
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    JC is considered farmable because he has shards from cantina battles AND from several of the LS/DS tables. You have lots of chances to quickly star him up. Kylo is, as you said, much harder to shard up.

I don't use the JC anymore outside of LS tables and GW, but that's because I finally got Luminara strong enough to replace him on the mixed-team squads. I think he's definitely worth keeping powered up if you don't have any other healers.

Unrelated: I initially read your first four words as "How is Kylo flammable?", and that kinda-sorta made my day.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Islindur
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Y but i spend my pve energy on Dooku + refills.... I wanna 5* him, could spent more for Fett/JC tho.

I'm F2P so my options r limited...
    Shall I go for Phasma then? With Boba and Phasma I would have pretty nice debuff/buff combo BUT sacrificing single target dmg...
    Gosh, hard is life of F2P :p Can't make mistake now coz I will be handicapped in few weeks/months :p
  • Options
    I'd wait until you 7* luma and then work on Phasma. That's what I'm doing at least.
  • Options
    I decided to go on Boba instead Chewie.

Shall I farm something else instead of JC now? Dunno, Kylo if I can? Phasam (is he rlly worth it?), Opress?
  • Options
    I have phasma and she has her uses. The team I'm working towards is lumi, Vader, anakin, sid, and kylo.

Phasma is a good filler and can really help in certain instances.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In a thoughtless tossed together team, Phasma is okay. In a well thought out team, she is key. Just going for this character or that character because someone said they were good is where you will faulter. This game doesnt work that way.
    Consider what your teams strengths and weaknesses are, and find ways to improve them. For example, you said you wanted to keep luminara, jc, and sid, and you wanted to drop chewbaca. I would suggest dropping sid as well, as he really does suck (unless you have the currect synergy). Either way, lets look at what Phasma brings to your group.
    1. A leadership skill that allows for assists from anyone who is attacking. It is random, but it is a significant amount of additional damage when it procs, and damage is something your team is lacking.
    2. Two turn manipulation skills on seperate cooldowns. One directly boosts your teams turn, and the other slows the enemys speed.
    3. A team wide advantage buff. Advantage increases your damage output and cannot be resisted.
    4. A basic attack that is average, but is increased in damage when she has advantage (above and beyond the additional damage from attacking a target while having advantage). So, when not turn manipulating, she turns into a medium range damage dealer.
    5. She is also a character who can synergise into any team fairly easily.

Now, lets look at bobofet....
    1. Increases his turn meter for his next attack when he gets a killing blow (extremely situational).
    2. He has a highly resistable ability block that could hit the whole enemy team for a turn.

Hmm... Yeah! Keep listening to the bad advice on this forum and go for bobofet! Or think about it and pick something that will improve your team.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    In a thoughtless tossed together team, Phasma is okay. In a well thought out team, she is key. Just going for this character or that character because someone said they were good is where you will faulter. This game doesnt work that way.
    Consider what your teams strengths and weaknesses are, and find ways to improve them. For example, you said you wanted to keep luminara, jc, and sid, and you wanted to drop chewbaca. I would suggest dropping sid as well, as he really does suck (unless you have the currect synergy). Either way, lets look at what Phasma brings to your group.
    1. A leadership skill that allows for assists from anyone who is attacking. It is random, but it is a significant amount of additional damage when it procs, and damage is something your team is lacking.
    2. Two turn manipulation skills on seperate cooldowns. One directly boosts your teams turn, and the other slows the enemys speed.
    3. A team wide advantage buff. Advantage increases your damage output and cannot be resisted.
    4. A basic attack that is average, but is increased in damage when she has advantage (above and beyond the additional damage from attacking a target while having advantage). So, when not turn manipulating, she turns into a medium range damage dealer.

1. Increases his turn meter for his next attack when he gets a killing blow (extremely situational).
    2. He has a highly resistable ability block that could hit the whole enemy team for a turn.

Hmm... Yeah! Keep listening to the bad advice on this forum and go for bobofet! Or think about it and pick something that will improve your team.

So you are saying keep Luminara, JC, and Phasma. No other advise other than rhetoric "consider what your teams strengths and weaknesses are," and "find ways to improve them," and "think about it and pick something that will improve your team."

What did you contribute here Pilot? I will admit your advice is not "bad advice" as you have said before, but I think it's a far cry from a complete thought.

If your intention is to assist then make a better effort next time and spend less time avoiding the conclusion and flaming those others that are trying to offer suggestions, whether they are wrong or not. If your opinion is sound it will stand on its own logic.
  • Options
    Por que o jogador vai até o nivel 60?
    Sendo que outros equipamentos requer nível bem acima de 60?
  • Options
    Youve got a nice team Islindur and good suggestions from several players. The one consideration that I would stress is if arena is main focus for the team build remember that half the battles will be with AI not using your own logic and strategy on a turn by turn system. Creating a team that can blow the snot out of another when using common sense is fun to watch but when that team faces another human element, without you there to direct it, it may be something entirely different. Durability with the AI in control is a significant aspect of arena that is often overlooked on these forums. Trial and error, advancing the team daily is all you can do unless you have a stock pile of ability mats, gear, and credits.

If your goal is to stay in the top 200 it may well be accomplished by simply advancing your top 5 arena heroes faster than those that you compete against. Take 2 weeks and dump all of your ability mats, gear, and xp into those top 5 and you will should notice an assent in the arena. In general most players will spread their resources out among their other heroes for pve reasons. If you make a point to dedicate more time on those main 5, than your competitors, you will advance.

I agree Chewie is someone you should replace. Maybe dooku as well in the future. For what it's worth my arena team is Sid, Luminara, JC, Talia, and HK47. Im not saying this team is ideal but they are more advanced than my other heroes and do quite well. If i change this team anytime I know that i will have to drop in the arena for a period of time until I can catch back up again with the competition. Just consider that the arena is all about resource allocation compared to your competition.
  • Options
    Pilot makes a good point, on really breaking down these 2 toons....every toon has a place more often then not...n with the toons islindur has brought into the equation, capt Phasma isn't a bad choice.....to add with luminara, jc,sid, n whoever u have from cantina shipment (if any)

The biggest issue I see is a clear means to a end for (which I assume is ur 1st A-team) you team. If you keep flip flopping , you'll be way behind the 8ball.....personally I'd just max out what u have. Build up some toons along the way, so u can quickly, build up ur next team......

Sid ,luminara, & jc aren't the game changers..but there very interchangeable, imho
  • Options
    Dotsonpage wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »

So you are saying keep Luminara, JC, and Phasma. No other advise other than rhetoric "consider what your teams strengths and weaknesses are," and "find ways to improve them," and "think about it and pick something that will improve your team."

What did you contribute here Pilot? I will admit your advice is not "bad advice" as you have said before, but I think it's a far cry from a complete thought.

If your intention is to assist then make a better effort next time and spend less time avoiding the conclusion and flaming those others that are trying to offer suggestions, whether they are wrong or not. If your opinion is sound it will stand on its own logic.

I believe his point was that phasma would be a better addition to your team than boba fett.

And he would be correct.

To answer your original question, opress is mediocre. Lots of hp and gets defense buff but pretty lackluster dmg.

Dooku is good, but he will quickly become outclassed by your other options that are more readily upgradable.

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Islindur
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thx for replies :)

I'm working on 5* Dooku coz his ability stun on Jedi is handy. Also his multi attack chance + counter chance. I see that he fallen from my TOP1 toon already but sometimes rlly makes difference with Barris stun etc :) So I keep him for now atm, hoping they add some more places to farm him in future, atm 26/65 to 5*.

Opress: yeh, I feel he doesn't bring anything special to the table with his nice dmg and hp, I'd like him to have some nice special ability...

Boba vs Phasma....

I lost vs Phasma once, BADLY. Slow he applied on 4 of my team was a death sentence that game. But I also lost to Fett when he blocked my specials and I simply couldn't heal after Sid AoE and others dps, also lost badly.

So again question, maybe Boba + Phasma (instead JC who is 4* atm)? What ya think ?
    I just dunno if 1 healer is enough for PvP (Lumi, soon 6*).

1 more reminder: f2p so I can't pick whoever I like, gotta work with what I can get, thats why Sid/Lumi are my farmable core.
    Post edited by Islindur on
  • Options
    UP >:)
  • Options
    I personally use both JC & Lumi in my pvp squad. Their specials hit pretty hard, especially Lumi's. Their heals stagger well so I have multiple chances to heal if one of them gets stunned or blocked. This has saved me more than a few times.

JC is worth farming to 7* as it won't take super long if you focus him in cantina battles and the LS/DS tables. While you farm him, choose a shipment hero like boba, fives, or Daka and you're in your way there also.

After you finish with sid's shards (shouldn't take long if you stay top 200. Then you can work on phasma. It's definitely a long road but you'll pick up some great power along the way.

As to boba vs phasma, seems like a decent combo but I don't have either so I don't have a firm opinion.

The advice to focus on your top 5 is great. I keep my top 5 in the best shape I can and then spread some effort to my GW 10 man roster.
  • Options
    My JC is 4*, in pve I'm farming atm Dooku + Fett (50/80 atm). So maybe I'll stick to JC till he 7?

Hm.... Still need more opinions on Phasma vs Fett.
    For sure Phasma will be faster to star up but I also feel Boba's ability block is handy.
    Moar opinions pls! :)
  • Options
    The time to farm them any that different. Like maybe 4 or 5 days tops if you use at least a refill per day in cantina battles. If anything boba can also be farmed in LS/DS so he could be faster with a bit of good luck. Phasma will also rely on you clearing GW daily which isn't always easy mode.

I don't have either of these guys starred up but boba' s ability block seems a bit unreliable and bound to luck. Phasma's debuff seems to stick more and cause a few more problems for me.
  • Islindur
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm usually able to win at least 3/4 of GW, so I don't complain on shards income, Lumi will be 6* in 2-3days :)

Boba's ability block when developed goes up to 80% so it's rather reliable I think. He also got self rez and hits harder on AA.
    On the other hand Phasma's slow can also be handy.
    I'm atm at 58/80 Boba atm so should have him in ~2weeks.

Or...maybe go for Ventress instead? ;) I'm at 55/80 Vader too but starring him up will be...pain.
  • Options
    Well you don't really control starring Vader. And on boba's ability block; I know it has an 80% chance to trigger that effect but at least when used against me it is luck to get one actual block on me. The rest are resisted and I'm not stacking tenacity or anything. 80% is only the trigger chance, not the application chance.

I like phasma for her control abilities and her leadership is decent when it procs, other leaders are better imo.

Vantress is pretty good especially with her buffed AOE. At 4 stars and gear 5 she's critting for 2500 plus a lot with it. She also brings a 1:3 stun and enemy dispel. All in all a solid hero.
  • Options
    Hm....if phasma, shall I make her leader over Sid ?
  • Options
    In my opinion is that Sid is more consistent of a bonus but try both.
  • Options
    Copied from 1st post EDIT.

So after reading threads like those: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/23847#Comment_23847 | https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/25413#Comment_25413

I actually started to reconsider my choices.
    So core stays: Lumi, Sid, Dooku but other options are:
    -JC atm 4* purple gear
    -5555 Fives (4/50, could start farming...)
    -Fett (60/80)
    -Phasma 4*
    -Ventress (40/50)
    -Vader (60/80)
    -Kylo (8/80, could start farming...)

I got JC geared nicely so shame to let him go. I'm using Phasma atm (4lvl leader) but I'm not seeing much benefit tho, maybe would shine with 5555. Ventress aoe hits quite hard + got strong basic attack. Vader even at 4* is a strong toon ( I red) with nice aoe combo with Sid. Fett outisde abi block on 4* is just ok, I feel he would be better on higher lvls. And Kylo..everytime I face him he seems really weak so I'm not sure here.

Let the comment thunder begin !! ;)

• Options
    uP :)
  • Options
    (: Up