Hi Holotable Heroes,
As we mentioned in the recent Road Ahead, this week’s Title Update will be renewing the early game experience for new players. This rework of the early game experience impacts several different parts of the early tutorial that all players must initially play through.New Early Game Characters and Model Updates
First, we are changing the starting characters for new players who enter the game. While the initial characters in the game made sense for where we were five years ago, we’re excited to change these up for characters that should be immediately recognizable for anyone with a basic knowledge of Star Wars, as well as setting up new players for better success throughout Galaxy of Heroes. Most of us have fond memories of unlocking Jedi Consular, but he doesn’t feel particularly relevant in today’s game.
Here is a list of characters we are swapping out of the early game experience:
- Jedi Consular → Jedi Knight Anakin at 1-star
- Clone Sergeant → Ahsoka Tano at 1-star
- Clone Wars Chewbacca → Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) at 3-star
- Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) (Will remain as part of the early game experience)
- Ewok Scout → Rey (Scavenger) at 1-star
- Royal Guard → Kylo Ren (Unmasked) at 1-star
- Talia → Moff Gideon at 3-star
- Snowtrooper → Dark Trooper at 1-star
In addition, we have also changed the unlock levels for the following units:
- Talia is now a 2-star unlock
- Lando Calrissian is now a 3-star unlock
While these changes won’t impact most of you reading this, what you will notice is that many of these characters also received an update to their model in order to bring them up to the quality of recent characters.
As part of these changes, the following characters will be credited to all players accounts at their new minimum Star levels:
NOTE: Players who have these characters unlocked already will not receive the shards or shard shop currency for these characters.
- Jedi Knight Anakin
- Ahsoka Tano
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
- Rey (Scavenger)
- Kylo Ren (Unmasked)
- Moff Gideon
NOTE: Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) is not included on this list because he is one of the original early game experience characters.
Finally, it is also important to note that we have shuffled around a few early game drops to include the new starter units in order to maintain a smooth early game experience:
Light Side Hard
- 1-A will drop Rey (Scavenger) shards
- 1-B will drop Ahsoka Tano shards
- 1-C will drop Dark Trooper shards
- 1-D will drop Kylo Ren (Unmasked) shards
- 2-A will drop Ewok Scout shards
- 2-D will drop Moff Gideon shards
- 5-C will drop Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 shards
Dark Side Hard
- 1-B will drop Jedi Knight Anakin shards
- 2-C will drop Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) shards
- 3-E will drop Jedi Knight Anakin shards
- 4-C will drop Jedi Consular shards
- 1-C will drop Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) shards
- 2-F will drop Clone Wars Chewbacca shards
Update To Quest System
- Stormtrooper Han will be moved from the Squad Arena Store to the Cantina Battles Store
Second is an update to the Quest system which teaches players through the general game systems and how to use your abilities in battle. The initial line of Quests have been updated with new goals and rewards to provide new players with a more guided experience. In addition, many Quests have been migrated over to Achievements to make the Quest Log a bit more manageable.
We’ve also improved the flow around completing Quests. Completing Quests no longer forces you into the Quest Log. When completing a Quest, you will now remain in the same context as where you were.
There is also a new system that shows players updates on their Quest progress. If you are in the Cantina, at the end of a battle, or anywhere else in the game, you will see progress that you have made towards a Quest slide out from the left hand side of the screen.
Quality of Life Updates
Third, we have added a few Quality of Life improvements to the game:
Last but Not Least
- Cantina Battles now show primary rewards on the campaign map
- Challenges and Fleet Challenges no longer have a cooldown between successful attempts, and the Multi-Sim functionality will attempt to claim rewards for all Challenges at once (given enough Sim Tickets)
- Fleet and Conquest Energy have been added to the Top-Bar in the Cantina
This Title Update also contains bug fixes and a whole bunch of other changes so check out the Update Notes for a full list. Stay tuned to the forums for information on the next Title Update, Squad management tools!
Thank you for reading and see you on the Holotables!