Cantina drops wrong?

When i try to do the cantina node for incomplete signal data it is only rewarding me with two data shards.
But it says Bonus 4 is this a bug?

Replies

• mariogsh
    382 posts Member
    When i try to do the cantina node for incomplete signal data it is only rewarding me with two data shards.
    But it says Bonus 4 is this a bug?

Nope

It shows possible rewards, not guaranteed

You can get up to 4 per node simmed
    Doesn't mean you'll get them
  • Well thats false advertising!
  • TVF
    29017 posts Member
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    29281 posts Moderator
    Well thats false advertising!

No it's not.
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 4
    Kyno wrote: »

No it's not.

Sure it is. The way it has it listed is 4. Meaning you will get 4, not 0-4 which means you have a chance up to 4. Kuiil is shown as 2. Meaning you will get 2. Not a chance at 2. Just these guys being money grubbing and stealing your money by falsely advertising drops. Edit...i gave them too much credit and wrote 1-4 not 0-4
  • TVF
    29017 posts Member
    Reolwen wrote: »

No it's not.

Sure it is. The way it has it listed is 4. Meaning you will get 4, not 1-4 which means you have a chance up to 4. Kuiil is shown as 2. Meaning you will get 2. Not a chance at 2. Just these guys being money grubbing and stealing your money by falsely advertising drops.

Are you new to the game?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    4214 posts Member

No it's not.

Sure it is. The way it has it listed is 4. Meaning you will get 4, not 1-4 which means you have a chance up to 4. Kuiil is shown as 2. Meaning you will get 2. Not a chance at 2. Just these guys being money grubbing and stealing your money by falsely advertising drops.

"Potential rewards"
  • Magruffin
    259 posts Member
    Sorry but if it says you can potentially get 4 shards, then its understood you can get none or 4. I agree that its misleading.
  • Magruffin
    259 posts Member
    Had they put in the range of potential 0-4 , then it would be clear. But stating the potential drop is only 4, then one would logically assume it's either 4 or 0. Then again, logic is more of a star trek thing.
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 4
    Yeah im new so i expect the drops to be what they say they are before i spend my gems. Why cant they do 0-4 like they do for other rewards that vary?
  • Its like that for every single node in the game.

On normal (non-double drop days), do you expect to get 2 signal date every single time you battle? It shows a range, if you successfully get the item.
  • Joebo720
    130 posts Member
    Its like that for every single node in the game.

On normal (non-double drop days), do you expect to get 2 signal date every single time you battle? It shows a range, if you successfully get the item.

Why yes, yes i do. Never get it but each day i start out with "this is going to be my lucky day".
  • SithVicious
    1242 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Had they put in the range of potential 0-4 , then it would be clear. But stating the potential drop is only 4, then one would logically assume it's either 4 or 0. Then again, logic is more of a star trek thing.

By your logic, it’s not possible to get zero either
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Magruffin
    259 posts Member
    edited May 4

Disagree. By stating potential drop , I indicated you could get 4, or not. Quite like the current in-game display
    Edit: if you are referring to the potential 0-4 quote, fair enough. I questioned myself after I posted that if anyone would call me on it that it should be 1-4 potential drops. If that's the case, yes. You're right. Gosh darn my haste.
  • SithVicious
    1242 posts Member

Disagree. By stating potential drop , I indicated you could get 4, or not. Quite like the current in-game display

They don’t state zero, you’re just assuming it’s possible while at the same assuming 1-3 are not possible. 1 and 3 can logically be eliminated since they are odd numbers on a double drop day. So where’s the logic in assuming 2 isn’t possible?
  • Gifafi
    5445 posts Member
    Would you rather get “0 or 4,” or “0 or 2 or 4?”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Magruffin
    259 posts Member
    I think I edited that last response into spam block. Basically double drops = if you got a drop, its double. There no statement saying "chance of double drops".
    @Gifafi would rather it state the actual drop possibilities as opposed to either 4 or nothing (for this example)
  • SithVicious
    1242 posts Member
    Description clarity is not CG’s forte, but I also understand they have limited space being a mobile game
  • Gifafi
    5445 posts Member
    I think I edited that last response into spam block. Basically double drops = if you got a drop, its double. There no statement saying "chance of double drops".
    @Gifafi would rather it state the actual drop possibilities as opposed to either 4 or nothing (for this example)

It’s not a “chance of double drops” it’s “double drops on a chance of shards.”

So if you get a shard drop, it’s doubled. I mean, I’m all for cg being able to word things more clearly.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 4
    Ive gotten 0 signal data on attemps so yes the 0-4 would apply
  • Kisakee
    1444 posts Member
    o3zasmcdi4ij.jpeg
    'Potential drops'!
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • Jed_Eye
    85 posts Member

No it's not.

It kinda is.....

There are how many places in the game where it will list the possible drops as 1-3 and other places where it's lists 4 and we have come to expect it to mean 0-4

The problem is inconsistency across the game. Cg is not good at this at all.

It should not be a guessing game on the drops where you have to eventually learn what their intent is.
  • Antario
    334 posts Member
    edited May 5
    That's why they teach math at school.

0 times 1 is = 0
    0 times 2 is = 0
    0 times 4 is = 0
    0 times 1 Billion still = 0

What is shown on screen is not the drop number, also not the possible drop number, it is the "TIMES" number.
    d6als6tdzdt1.png
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 5
    0-4 means it has a chance to drop 0 1 2 3 or 4 items not 0 x whatever number, learn simple ingrish before trolling.
  • SithVicious
    1242 posts Member
    Hey dummy 0-4 means it has a chance to drop 0 1 2 3 or 4 items not 0 x whatever number, learn simple ingrish before trolling.

Irony
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    Also kisakee thanks for proving our point. You will always get 0 shards or 4 shards when you get champion shards. Not some random number in between.
  • Kyno
    29281 posts Moderator
    Jed_Eye wrote: »

No it's not.

It kinda is.....

There are how many places in the game where it will list the possible drops as 1-3 and other places where it's lists 4 and we have come to expect it to mean 0-4

The problem is inconsistency across the game. Cg is not good at this at all.

It should not be a guessing game on the drops where you have to eventually learn what their intent is.

It's still not false advertising.