Thoughts on my Alt Account

Arva
80 posts Member
So, i started the Account a bit after characters became double drops, to see where i could get by being very focused, compared to my main. Now i have been 85 for like a Month and a week, and i feel comfortable talking about how it has been doing so far.

https://swgoh.gg/p/585147953/

The cornerstone of planning for this account was the premise, that i did want to do as good in both arenas, as i possibly could, at the earliest moment, and that i wanted to contribute Wat Shards, so i could get/stay in a guild doing Geo TB as early as i could. So lets take a look at both areas, and how i got there, and what the future plans are:

Squad Arena Development:

My Plan was getting JKR as early as possible, and then riding JKR, till i could get DR + Malak going, for that i started farming the Hard Nodes for both Bastilas, Zaalbar, Jolee and Carth as soon as i could. It turned out, that i barely managed to get the last shards for the JKR unlock by the day i hit 85. To carry me through early GW i got phoenix, but phased them out at lvl 70, when i got my Bastila Jedis good enough so they could do the job.
A early relic and good modding on JKR does secure me top 50 Squad Arena Payout pretty reliable, and i expect to get into the top 10, once i get my DR + Malak team rolling, which is probably another month out. So far, i can say, the plan is working very well, and i feel like i am on track.

Fleet Arena Development:

After using the Geonosian Ships on my main, i realised how insanely powerfull they are, before people can get GET 2 Capital ships. So my plan for this area allways revolved around them. I saved quite a bit of GW currency for them before lvl 60, and got them going instantly after. I also started farming the vulture droid as soon as i could, as i knew i would need a tool to deal with HT. I managed to sneak into the top 20 by lvl 70, and into the top 10 since like lvl 75. And i think i got top 1 payouts for over a month now. As i managed to secure myself a spot in a guild doing both geo TBs pretty early, i do have the malevolence allready, and i think i am at least 2-3 months ahead of everyone else in my shard with that, so this area is pretty secure. I started farming the Hyena Bomber a bit too late i think, and its only now getting close to 5*.

Future plans for this Account:

I do think, the most reasonable route for this Account after unlocking Malak is pushing for SEE. With that in mind, my next Teams i would get to relic levels are gonna be Imperial Troopers, and then the EP-Vader Empire team. That would leave me with 5 very strong GAC Teams: JKR, Geos, DR, Troopers and EP-Vader. As a 6th team, i plan on using the OR toons from the malak unlock, and might replace them later with Padme, when i find the ressources for that team.
For the Fleet side of things, i think the best idea is farming the Tie Bomber, and building a Empire fleet under tarkin as my secondary fleet for GAC. But here i am honnestly still open for a few suggestions, and not fully sold on a path.

Conclusion:
So far this path has worked out extremely well, partly becouse i had the advantage of being in a great guild from a very early stage on, but also due to the priorization of what teams to build etc.
And i do think it is a path i feel confident now in recommending to basically every new player.
Also i didnt build this account specifically with GAC in mind, but so far i have only lost one round due to banners, so i am happy with that as well.

Also feel free to leave your own comments about the account. I will keep updating this thread probably like every 2 weeks or so, and talk about the progress, how different areas are going etc.

Replies

• Awwww, where do I start....
  • Arva wrote: »
    Squad Arena Development:
    The focus of your account is EXTREMELY good, you had a really solid plan from day 1 on how you were going to achieve your goals. Even when you look back at some of the characters you had to use in your LS & DS squads as you progressed but now have moved on from, these characters all have a use later in the game when you can go back to complete their full team, so there is not really any wasted gp here.
    Fleet Arena Development:
    Again showing that having a plan from the start really makes a difference. The hoarding of GW currency is something all new players should do as f2p so they can immediately get the Geo ships once they hit level 60. Adding the 2 pilotless ships gives you 5 great ships for your fleet, with no gp bloat at all. Clearly having a great guild this early helps as you are so far ahead of your fleet shard now with Malo, but even if you didn't have those connections, based on how you developed your fleet you would have gotten into a 200m+ guild anyway and maybe just been 1-2 months ahead of everyone unlocking a GET2 ship instead of 3.
    Future plans for this Account:
    Agree here, get that DR+Malak up and running, then would put focus into relic'ing the Troopers and Palp Vader team, which will set you up perfectly for going after SEE. On my account I need to see which GL I'd go for between SLKR & SEE, but I think I want to get an Epic Confrontation character first (probably GAS).

For the fleet aspect, I am not too sold on the Empire one, why? Because you already have 3 of the key GR ships at 5/6 stars and you have Padme and the members required for her team. So why not get her team up to speed (maybe before SEE) which will get you that fleet up and running at the same time. You can run it under Tarkin for GAC, and if you get a HT you can set it on Def and it likely won't be beat. Or set Malo and on offense that GR under Tarkin can probably take anything you would face.
    Conclusion:
    So far this path has worked out extremely well, partly becouse i had the advantage of being in a great guild from a very early stage on, but also due to the priorization of what teams to build etc.
    And i do think it is a path i feel confident now in recommending to basically every new player.
    Also i didnt build this account specifically with GAC in mind, but so far i have only lost one round due to banners, so i am happy with that as well.

I would be interested to think about how the new changes for early game experience might change the recommended path. I still believe Geos has to be the priority for DS, but on LS you can start building some key jedi / Padme members from the start with JKA & Ahsoka. Basically you can take 3 Jedi you start with (those 2 + Old Ben), still add Ezra & Kanan and your path to GMY is super easy. The question is then between do you go JKR first or Padme first. But you can also get your Troopers team up and running earlier too with Gideon.

Would be fun to map out a new "new player" farming guide with this in mind, and possibly adding a Hypderdrive vs full f2p as the 2 paths are different.

Anyway this is excellent Arva, I wish I had the same plan from the start on my account that you had on yours. I have nearly 2x the GP you do, but was a bit of a mess until maybe a couple months ago where I really firmed up my plans. I just have catching up to do now while I round out the roster.