Need better support for glitch-related losses in Galactic Legends events

Having trouble finding the right place for this: bug or technical posts redirect to Answers HQ (where I've already posted)

Had a super cute bug where tier 3 of the JML event started, but with literally _no way_ to progress past the dialog popup of Emperor pruneface to actually fight
lu6kiku3cjsw.png

I took the above screenshot (and captured a video) of the problem, and afraid to close the app and lose my hard earned 60 tickets, hopped on a live chat on my desktop over at help.EA.com, while leaving the game running on my phone (just to add, I made sure to enable the accessibility cursor on my phone so the vid actually shows I was pressing the screen).

Four chats and 11 days later (I eventually gave up on closing the app after day 1), I was told the team was still working on the error, but they couldn't do anything about the tickets: "Try reposting in the forums". I checked in the forums (though admittedly, I didn't notice that all bug and technical posts goes back to EA's answers HQ forum), and I'd noticed several people (one with almost the exact same issue, but with SLKR) being told "Only EA advisors could help with restoring items: go talk to them"). To their credit, when I told the advisor this in chat, they asked for links to the posts, and eventually found a way to have someone authorize me *drumroll* a "one-time" credit of 100 CRYSTALS! Firstly, that wasn't nearly enough, and secondly, why wasn't something like that offered three chats ago? I've had no problem with the event since then (but still the random insta-crash that's been happening since Unity/Conquest), but I've pretty much resolved to no longer spend on this game.

Just asking: was there something I was doing wrong, or was I asking in the wrong place? People with better luck in resolving something like this: what did you do?