SLKR Finalizer Farm

Jeremy_White
11 posts Member
edited May 2021
Hey, has anyone thought about buying 5* finalized from data cards? It costs around 18k crystals but saves farming all those ships and GP bloat. What are your thoughts? (FYI, I'm F2P and have 28k crystals saved up, around 1.2 million GP)

Post edited by Jeremy_White on

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    ....maybe spend those crystals on gear and energy refreshes to get a GL instead of a underwhelming capitol ship?

Also, sandbagging GP is an antiquated play. Help your guild out with the TBs already, GAC matchmaking is now based on both your total GP and the top end of your roster, so sandbagging isn't nearly as good as it used to be, and really just hurts your guild's ability to get starts on TBs if a lot of members are sandbagging GP.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    ....maybe spend those crystals on gear and energy refreshes to get a GL instead of a underwhelming capitol ship?

You know the underwhelming capitol ship is needed for the GL right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I don't see what use a 5* Finalizer would be by itself. If you're not at the point where you have Neg or Mal, and you're running Finalizer with your best ships, a star probably wouldn't help much and you'd be just as well served by Tarkin or Chimaera.

If you have a solid FO fleet to run behind it, then you can farm the challenge tier. If you are farming it just for SLKR, you're also working on FO so you can farm the challenge tier.

Spend those crystals on useful things and go after Neg/Mal for ships.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Personally I would never advise anyone chase a GL at 1.2m.

High 2m / low 3m seems to be a good spot. You want to build more depth first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Personally I would never advise anyone chase a GL at 1.2m.

High 2m / low 3m seems to be a good spot. You want to build more depth first.

I also agree with this.

So ships-wise, if you don't have the GET, I think Chimaera is a better idea than blowing over $100 worth of crystals to add a single star to Finalizer.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I forgot about Han's Falcon. If you have that and a good Han and Chewie, and also maybe Rebel Y-Wing, Rebels is a very good pre-Neg/Mal fleet.
  • Thanks for the advice, everyone! Appreciate it!
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I would recommend buying it for crystals. Farming the ships for it takes a long time, becouse they are still not accelerated, if you havent allready started it, and will extend the SLKR grind in general by around 4-6 months.
    So unless you rly want to get the ships, its faster and more efficient not wasting energy on all thoose hard node farms, and use that on gear, and just buy the finalizer with crystals.

In general, for fleet, just get geos, vulture droid and hyena bomber. Then get malevolence as soon as you have the get2. Also makes your guild happy, couse geos get wat shards.
    And stay the **** away from the rebel fleet. It sucks. Not becouse its bad, but becouse to get it good, you need to put in like 2-3x the investment compared to a negotiator fleet and 4-5x compared to a malevolence, becouse all thoose ships in that fleet have so many more pilots, and you do need to relic them, to get that fleet working properly. and even then, its worse than either negotiator or malevolence.