Any Advice?

DARTHBOWEL
24 posts Member
edited May 2021
hey guys im stuck with a ton of gear 12 characters and cant get to 13. any tips?????

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Got a link to your SWGOh.gg account?
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    What do you mean you can't Relic them?
  • well yes and no. i want to do relics so bad but i cant get enough gear like vader is what im lookin at rn
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    I mean...it will take time to get gear, but you should at least be able to farm it or get it from places like Shard Store, etc.

Are you in a guild that is doing all heroic raids?

Also, you need to focus. If you want to relic Vader, spend resources on his gear and don't equip gear on other characters before you've done Vader (lest they share some of the same pieces).
  • yes and ok
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    If you're not in a good guild, get into one that runs raids, TWs, and TBs regularly.

If you want to relic Vader, focus on Vader. Don't over extend yourself by farming too much at once.

Get into a hording mentality. Save up gear pieces, zetas, and so forth. Use your various forms of currency wisely.

Have a plan. Who are you going to relic after Vader? Figure that out and start saving gear pieces.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Stop recruiting for your poor guild and join a better one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    DARTHBOWEL wrote: »
    hey guys im stuck with a ton of gear 12 characters and cant get to 13. any tips?????
    pxubz1zlieg2.jpeg

Is 4 a “ton” of g12 characters?
  • The OP probably doesn't truly know how to focus and is finding himself getting nowhere in a period of time. G12 to G13 in early gameplay can be drudging, especially if you don't put every resource into getting those pieces.
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    If you're not in a good guild, get into one that runs raids, TWs, and TBs regularly.

If you want to relic Vader, focus on Vader. Don't over extend yourself by farming too much at once.

Get into a hording mentality. Save up gear pieces, zetas, and so forth. Use your various forms of currency wisely.

Have a plan. Who are you going to relic after Vader? Figure that out and start saving gear pieces.

yes its vader
  • DARTHBOWEL wrote: »
    pxubz1zlieg2.jpeg

actually its 5
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    is it though
  • Miketo28
    205 posts Member
    My suggestion is to use the favorite tag and only tag Vadar as your favorite.
    Then take a close look at all the gear you need. Figure out what can be farmed with ship energy, what can be farmed with regular energy (both LS and DS - pay attention to daily guild requirements), and some gear will need guild currency and won't be farmable.
    Basically, put some thought towards it, come up with a strategy and then stick to it. Personally, sometimes I think it is best to forget about character shards, except on hard node day, and go all in on gear for awhile.
    The grind is real. Gear 12 to 13 can seriously take a week or two.
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Go for one team, then gear next team. If you are all over the place, like me in the beginning, it gets frustrating very fast.
    DARTHBOWEL wrote: »
    pxubz1zlieg2.jpeg

actually its 5

OK. It clearly was 4 when you created the thread.

So, is 5 a ton?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Obviously one is 1/5 of a ton.
  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    Then take a close look at all the gear you need. Figure out what can be farmed with ship energy, what can be farmed with regular energy (both LS and DS - pay attention to daily guild requirements), and some gear will need guild currency and won't be farmable.
    Basically, put some thought towards it, come up with a strategy and then stick to it. Personally, sometimes I think it is best to forget about character shards, except on hard node day, and go all in on gear for awhile.

wait... thats it? only a week or two?
    Miketo28 wrote: »

wait... thats it? only a week or two?

No, this is highly dependent on your gameplay, guild quality, mod quality, checking all stores at store refresh times for what you need, raid ranking, etc....what takes some players 1 month can take others a week with some good luck and optimal gameplay. Raid rank depends on mods and squad composition. Lots of factors in that.