New player f2p path

If one were to theoretically start an account today, what do you think is the best path to take (around 2 yr long plan)
My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Replies

• I’m thinking of building out a farming guide for new players f2p and incorporating the new starting characters.

Would be good to get a few of us to work on it together with a detailed farming plan for each energy / store and how to progress at different stages.

In general I don’t think much changes, still should focus on GEOS but makes going into Padme directly after easier since you can level Ahsoka and JKA as you go.

Also I’d probably have Imperial Troopers as an earlier team as well
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Phoenix -> Jedi -> Geos -> JKR -> DR -> Malak -> SEE
  • SEE? Not SLKR?
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    yeah, SEE just gives you way better teams on the way, and its way faster than SLKR, becouse you dont need to get the finalizer. and you only rly loose the raid soloing potential.

If you would want to go SLKR, its possible, but you kinda have to spend something around 18000 crystals to unlock the finalizer, to be similarly fast to SEE.

And i do value speed of aquisition a bit more with this path, as you do take a bit of time to get malak unlocked, so we kinda try to make up for that, so we can get a GL, before the shard is fully flooded by them.
  • Arva wrote: »
    yeah, SEE just gives you way better teams on the way, and its way faster than SLKR, becouse you dont need to get the finalizer. and you only rly loose the raid soloing potential.

If you would want to go SLKR, its possible, but you kinda have to spend something around 18000 crystals to unlock the finalizer, to be similarly fast to SEE.

And i do value speed of aquisition a bit more with this path, as you do take a bit of time to get malak unlocked, so we kinda try to make up for that, so we can get a GL, before the shard is fully flooded by them.

I see. I just think raid soloing is a big thing. Also, you farm Finalizer ships as starter ones and SLKR toon reqs whilst gearing for Malak
  • I’m thinking of building out a farming guide for new players f2p and incorporating the new starting characters.

Would be good to get a few of us to work on it together with a detailed farming plan for each energy / store and how to progress at different stages.

In general I don’t think much changes, still should focus on GEOS but makes going into Padme directly after easier since you can level Ahsoka and JKA as you go.

Also I’d probably have Imperial Troopers as an earlier team as well

I can see IT being a decent starter team cos of free Dark trooper and Gideon + when u start with Hoth TB DS they’re needed for IPD + the 2 ABs
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    So, for me, the best early fleet path is Geos + Vulture Droid, this comp is stupidly strong early, and should secure you a top 10 fleet spot for quite some time. And it transitions greatly into a malevolence fleet.

So that leaves us with needing 2-3 more ships for the zeta challenge. Dark Side you do get the Tie Fighter to 5*, and if you do one reset on vulture droid for the first month, you should at least get it to 4* till 78. So we need 2 more ships for the zeta challenge itself at 5*, and id just do ahsoka and consular, as they show up in the GW and Fleet store very often, thus are the easiest to get. Wouldnt put any gear/and levels into both the pilots and ships though.

As you can see, there is 0 of he ships you need for SLKR in that plan, the only one you could consider is the silencer, but you might not have the cantina energy to get him before 78, with having to farm Ezra, Hera, Soldier and Spy before, and also kinda wanting to start on t3m4, Mission vao, and then at 83 the GBA.

Then, xanadu blood, command shuttle and HT are all non accelerated farms, and you cant start them early, becouse youd give up on your character farming, that you need to do, to get JKR, DR and Malak as soon as you can.
    And then, when you can start your GL farms, you need to fully farm thoose ships, and then wait a few more months to get the finalizer itself. That just delays SLKR quite a bit, unless you just buy the finalizer shards for crystals.

Meanwhile, while going for SEE, you get IT, that will open you up to two assault battles, give you a great CPIT team, and in general are a super good team. You also get a EP Team, and a relic vader. all thoose help you greatly in GAC etc.

For the raid soloing aspect, it only matters, if you cant get top 10 otherwise. This path sets you up with JKR and Troopers, and both are great teams for HSith, that might together get you a top 10 slot, depending on your guild obviously. so it might not even matter, that you cant solo stuff with SLKR
    So, for me, the best early fleet path is Geos + Vulture Droid, this comp is stupidly strong early, and should secure you a top 10 fleet spot for quite some time. And it transitions greatly into a malevolence fleet.

So that leaves us with needing 2-3 more ships for the zeta challenge. Dark Side you do get the Tie Fighter to 5*, and if you do one reset on vulture droid for the first month, you should at least get it to 4* till 78. So we need 2 more ships for the zeta challenge itself at 5*, and id just do ahsoka and consular, as they show up in the GW and Fleet store very often, thus are the easiest to get. Wouldnt put any gear/and levels into both the pilots and ships though.

As you can see, there is 0 of he ships you need for SLKR in that plan, the only one you could consider is the silencer, but you might not have the cantina energy to get him before 78, with having to farm Ezra, Hera, Soldier and Spy before, and also kinda wanting to start on t3m4, Mission vao, and then at 83 the GBA.

I did the same, but you can get Silencer, and prioritise it over the Geos since Phoenix is starter team. But I get u there. I’ll do a bit of thinking and come back to ya.
    Then, xanadu blood, command shuttle and HT are all non accelerated farms, and you cant start them early, becouse youd give up on your character farming, that you need to do, to get JKR, DR and Malak as soon as you can.
    And then, when you can start your GL farms, you need to fully farm thoose ships, and then wait a few more months to get the finalizer itself. That just delays SLKR quite a bit, unless you just buy the finalizer shards for crystals.

Xanadu, Command, HT would be = 300 energy. JKR, DR = 400 fleet energy + 200 normal.
    I’m going to elaborate later.
    Meanwhile, while going for SEE, you get IT, that will open you up to two assault battles, give you a great CPIT team, and in general are a super good team. You also get a EP Team, and a relic vader. all thoose help you greatly in GAC etc.

CPit is far away … forget it. Otherwise I agree here.
    For the raid soloing aspect, it only matters, if you cant get top 10 otherwise. This path sets you up with JKR and Troopers, and both are great teams for HSith, that might together get you a top 10 slot, depending on your guild obviously. so it might not even matter, that you cant solo stuff with SLKR

This is true ig. But if ur guild has >10 SLKRs?

It’s 20:09 here, so tomo afternoon I have time and will make my response more detailed
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Geos are far superior to Phoenix in every way. The only reason to farm Phoenix is for thrawn and EP.

Tarkin with geos/seps is a great starter ship fleet. Once you can get Mal they become a great end game fleet as well. Far less resources than neg/galactic republic, although padme is still a great team.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

I think the first part of this from PS through Geos is set, but would be good to then have 2 options for the next path...and try to see what is more efficient / best payoff for cost.

Path 1: Go straight into Padme after Geos.
    - You will have 4/5 of the team right away (Padme, JKA, Ahsoka and GMY). GK may be a bit off depending how your guild situation is, but can use Fives as a placeholder
    - You don't have to farm up the 2x OR teams on this route and so have your Cantina energy for full Geo focus and potentially Moff Gideon
    - Can work on a Troopers team after your Geo character farms are finished
    - Can get Ahsoka & Umbarran as your other 2 ships as they are easy store purchases and you will have their
    - Geo as main fleet to start with GR as 2nd, and can decide between Nego & Malo later
    - Downside: You canibalize the Jedi team you had

Path 2: Go the JKR > DR > Malak route after Geos.
    - Two very strong teams that will serve well across many game modes for a long time
    - Downside: No further fleet synergy
    - Downside: Lots of farming to unlock for 2 teams you won't really use much after, and may hinder your gear farming speed

Then after either of these, I'd say SEE is the way to go as f2p.
    Though I may say go for Path 1 of Padme first, followed by Path 2, and then into SEE.
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Came across the spreadsheet someone put together, I think it's a good format that can be used but needs to be modified quite a bit.

rrjauor5c36n.png
  • I think the best way is to go:
    Geos first - focus on fleet. I will say that again. Focus on fleet. If you do this, you can get top 10 fleet arena. I've seen it happen multiple times.
    Then work on a Padme team - you can take them as high as you want gear-wise depending on your goals. From here you can get basically whatever you want - a GL, Revans, anything really.
  • Came across the spreadsheet someone put together, I think it's a good format that can be used but needs to be modified quite a bit.

rrjauor5c36n.png

Looks cool. Will check out in an hour
    Arva wrote: »

I think the first part of this from PS through Geos is set, but would be good to then have 2 options for the next path...and try to see what is more efficient / best payoff for cost.

- You will have 4/5 of the team right away (Padme, JKA, Ahsoka and GMY). GK may be a bit off depending how your guild situation is, but can use Fives as a placeholder
    - You don't have to farm up the 2x OR teams on this route and so have your Cantina energy for full Geo focus and potentially Moff Gideon
    - Can get Ahsoka & Umbarran as your other 2 ships as they are easy store purchases and you will have their
    - Geo as main fleet to start with GR as 2nd, and can decide between Nego & Malo later

- Two very strong teams that will serve well across many game modes for a long time
    - Downside: Lots of farming to unlock for 2 teams you won't really use much after, and may hinder your gear farming speed

Though I may say go for Path 1 of Padme first, followed by Path 2, and then into SEE.

I agree here, and after some thought, I'd go SEE too here. Finalizer ship farm would be my plan after SEE though.
    I think the best way is to go:
    Geos first - focus on fleet. I will say that again. Focus on fleet. If you do this, you can get top 10 fleet arena. I've seen it happen multiple times.
    Then work on a Padme team - you can take them as high as you want gear-wise depending on your goals. From here you can get basically whatever you want - a GL, Revans, anything really.

I agree with fleet focus, but Hera/Ezra 7* doesn't take long. On my account, I got the 3 geos 5*, and Hera/Ezra 7* by lvl 70 without using Fleet Store currency.
  • If anyone has the time
    I'd like to ask if 2 others can help me on this plan:

If I were to do one way, and each other person another way, (path 1 --> SEE, path 2 --> SEE, path 1 --> path 2 --> SEE
  • Came across the spreadsheet someone put together, I think it's a good format that can be used but needs to be modified quite a bit.

rrjauor5c36n.png

Sorry for the delay. I agree it needs a lot of modifications but I love the format.
  • Vesuvan1979
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    If anyone has the time

If I were to do one way, and each other person another way, (path 1 --> SEE, path 2 --> SEE, path 1 --> path 2 --> SEE

[/left]

Following from the assistance Avra gave me in the thread I started I have been going with the Phoenix (already at 7 stars / gear 7) into Geos (all at 5*s other than Sun Fac) and aiming for Padme next. I'm intending on JKR then SEE from there. I'm on level 70 at the moment.

The plan above is really close to what I'm doing.

From the farming list provided above I found that I couldn't get Poggle and Tarkin levelled up at the same time as Kanan and Zeb by level 65 (I got them maxed between levels 67-69 along with the rest of the Phoenix team), so I think that may be an over-estimate of available currency to be farming both. That or I started on a proper plan too late.

I've been farming Tarkin and Fives recently as I've been abandoning the idea of ST Han and looking at Fives as an alternative tank for the GR team once I have Padme online in case GK isn't ready and in case I want to have GK in the JKR team once that's online. I may be wrong doing that but I'll find out I guess.

I'm on the second part of the farming plan pretty much as per the list above though I am also farming Anakin alongside Bastila Shan, Bindo, Vulture Droid and Poggle (Vulture and Poggle are the main priorities here). I got a head start on KRU and Tie Silencer during the recent double-drop events and have Kylo at 6 and Silencer at 5, and doing geos for my cantina farms instead at the moment. I may go back and finish them if I get time before level 83 but my goal with them is using Silencer for Tarkin's ship and the Zeta event. More likely that will be some JKR requirements instead. I don't have Bastila Shan unlocked yet for Fleet so I'm doing Tie Fighter for my second Fleet hard mode farm.

I haven't been farming Ewoks yet in guild store, keeping an eye out for Geos when they show up and getting more relevant gear when I'm overflowing with tokens. Possibly because I'm not farming enough gear using regular energy. I've got loads of energy there so I may be doing that part wrong. As I have all of my Squad Arena currency going into Tarkin I'm not working on Nute and Leia. Again, user error may be a factor.

Happy to provide some updates as I go if that's useful.
    Post edited by Vesuvan1979 on
  • If I were to do one way, and each other person another way, (path 1 --> SEE, path 2 --> SEE, path 1 --> path 2 --> SEE

I'll help out, going to be away from my laptop until Saturday but can help putting together the template, thinking of a way to lay it out.

I think the key is more than what characters to farm, but really at what point to do you start their farms and/or move on to the next? When do you start incorporating gear farming and relics into the mix? How to spend your various currencies, when to hoard, etc?

For me personally, I farmed a lot of character shards and neglected gear too long, so now I have a ton of characters I want to use eventually, but all sitting at level 1 / gear 1, but 7*. I think we can put something together which will allow you to have the next project farmed up, but no need to go two projects ahead so you can ensure your resources are going to where they really need to be.
  • Ok. So, Intimmydation, can I count you in? If you send your discord id to me in a dm, I can contact you more easily.
    If anyone has the time

[/left]

Following from the assistance Avra gave me in the thread I started I have been going with the Phoenix (already at 7 stars / gear 7) into Geos (all at 5*s other than Sun Fac) and aiming for Padme next. I'm intending on JKR then SEE from there. I'm on level 70 at the moment.

The plan above is really close to what I'm doing.

From the farming list provided above I found that I couldn't get Poggle and Tarkin levelled up at the same time as Kanan and Zeb by level 65 (I got them maxed between levels 67-69 along with the rest of the Phoenix team), so I think that may be an over-estimate of available currency to be farming both. That or I started on a proper plan too late.

I've been farming Tarkin and Fives recently as I've been abandoning the idea of ST Han and looking at Fives as an alternative tank for the GR team once I have Padme online in case GK isn't ready and in case I want to have GK in the JKR team once that's online. I may be wrong doing that but I'll find out I guess.

I'm on the second part of the farming plan pretty much as per the list above though I am also farming Anakin alongside Bastila Shan, Bindo, Vulture Droid and Poggle (Vulture and Poggle are the main priorities here). I got a head start on KRU and Tie Silencer during the recent double-drop events and have Kylo at 6 and Silencer at 5, and doing geos for my cantina farms instead at the moment. I may go back and finish them if I get time before level 83 but my goal with them is using Silencer for Tarkin's ship and the Zeta event. More likely that will be some JKR requirements instead. I don't have Bastila Shan unlocked yet for Fleet so I'm doing Tie Fighter for my second Fleet hard mode farm.

I haven't been farming Ewoks yet in guild store, keeping an eye out for Geos when they show up and getting more relevant gear when I'm overflowing with tokens. Possibly because I'm not farming enough gear using regular energy. I've got loads of energy there so I may be doing that part wrong. As I have all of my Squad Arena currency going into Tarkin I'm not working on Nute and Leia. Again, user error may be a factor.

Happy to provide some updates as I go if that's useful.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm hoping for a start at the same time, joining the same arena shards, etc.

I did the same, but you can get Silencer, and prioritise it over the Geos since Phoenix is starter team. But I get u there. I’ll do a bit of thinking and come back to ya.

Xanadu, Command, HT would be = 300 energy. JKR, DR = 400 fleet energy + 200 normal.
    I’m going to elaborate later.

CPit is far away … forget it. Otherwise I agree here.

This is true ig. But if ur guild has >10 SLKRs?

It’s 20:09 here, so tomo afternoon I have time and will make my response more detailed

Sorry for delay, but I'll give some info now:

I think I agree on going for SEE. And then SLKR. It probs is good.
  • @Arva
    If anyone has the time
    I'd like to ask if 2 others can help me on this plan:

If you are able to?
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    ofc, allways down for it
    ofc, allways down for it
    Ok. So, Intimmydation, can I count you in? If you send your discord id to me in a dm, I can contact you more easily.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    It's not as clear cut anymore what the best starting route is, expecially with the early game node changes.

Things are definitely going to heat up when Moff Gideon and Dark Trooper hit the accelerated farm list. At 1 hard per pull they aren't quite preferred yet over going for something like Geos or Phoenix.
  • lucaefor wrote: »
    It's not as clear cut anymore what the best starting route is, expecially with the early game node changes.

Things are definitely going to heat up when Moff Gideon and Dark Trooper hit the accelerated farm list. At 1 hard per pull they aren't quite preferred yet over going for something like Geos or Phoenix.

Dark Trooper is a beast early on (started a new alt yesterday), but I can't justify farming him as a single shard farm, and he won't be accelerated for quite some time. Gideon on the other hand is fine because you can get him from Cantina which is fast. You still have Piett as a single-shard farm, but Troopers early can be a formidable team.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Piett is really close to going double drops. How time flies..
  • Yeah I think in a month or so...that will help for sure
  • I'm thinking

Phoenix > empire > darth revan/malak for arena.

Then geos> padme for ds and ls tb.

Tarkin ds fleet > negotiator for ships you already farm most gr characters needed for padme anyway.

Ns p3 cheese team on the side for high str dmg (way cheaper than slkr)

As for the first gl. See is the easiest. Slkr just is too long with the finalizer. Glk may be an option depending on how kit and the 3rd set of req. If you farm geos early, you could get wat within about 6 mos if you get in a ds geo focused guild.

A few things subject to change. If maloveloence is req for nightfall vader and he isn't ridiculous to get, going for malevolence first may make sense. I am assuming that GLK will be a viable option and going negotiator first sets you up for that.
  • Read updated thread by @Intimmydation on our progress in experiment