Where to go next? (player level 69)

Vesuvan1979
23 posts Member
edited May 2021
So I've got my Phoenix team up to 7 stars (or will once I have the 1M credits to promote Zeb), and working on getting Emperor Palpatine and Grand Admiral Thrawn to 7 stars, and am usually completing Galactic War thanks to that Phoenix team (they have given me a good start in the game). I'm working on Geos and Tarkin for fleet and have just dropped out of top 50 there after being consistently in top 50 for the past 2 weeks.

I'm getting the idea that the Phoenix team are only going to get me so far but I'm also seeing that Ezra and Kanan are usable (for a while at least) in a Jedi team with Balista Shan who I'm working on as well. I like the feel of Imperials but find their lack of healing/survivability disturbing (perhaps this is because I'm missing a key part of that team)

I'm basically lacking in direction of "where to go from here". I've been building based on what works for now and what I like from a flavor perspective so far. I'm looking to learn about what teams I could be working on from here as a next step. I was originally planning on the CLS Rebels team (though not 100% sure what that team should look like), a Balista Shan jedi team (partly because it re-uses parts from Phoenix), and an Imperials team - though I'm also finding that I have a Separatist/Geos team falling into my lap thanks to what I'm doing for fleet. I also quite like the bounty hunters team, particularly since I like the credits from the credit heist events.

What I really want to know is what teams will perform well into the next phase of the game so that I can start building towards that. As you can probably see from the above I'm probably going in too many directions at once at the moment

https://swgoh.gg/p/665943285/

Replies

• Options
    Don’t level up anymore.
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Options
    Don’t level up anymore.

bad advice, listen to @MasterSeedy , no one else, MasterSeedy has the best advice.
  • Options
    Don’t level up anymore.

bad advice, listen to @MasterSeedy , no one else, MasterSeedy has the best advice.

i’ve stayed at level 69 for the last four years and am about to unlock my 420th galactic legend
    i have the best advice

DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Vesuvan1979
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Don’t level up anymore.

I read that as joke advice. It's the sort of trolling I used to enjoy doing when I was 20 years younger... so I can take it as the joke it is
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Options
    So, from my perspective, you have 2 routes, from where you are atm.
    Both routes have some common ground though, mostly concerning your fleet:

Keep working on phoenix, till you unlock thrawn at 7*, and you do put as much gear as you can onto your 3 geonosian pilots.
    Once you have Thrawn, stop working on all phoenix characters. they have done their job. Keep buying Sun Fac shards from whereever you can get them, and finish farming Spy and Soldier from the cantina. Buy their ships from the GW store, but dont drop below 800 currency, unless you are buying Sun Facs ship with it. Same for Fleet store. Stop working on any phoenix ships. They suck.
    Tarkin is gonna be your capital ship, so work on him as well.
    You also gonna need 2 more ships at 5* when you hit lvl 78, id recommend Ahsokas ship, and the Tie Fighter, both show up in fleet store and GW store. So also buy them, when you have spare currency.
    The other ship i highly encourage you to farm is gonna be the vulture droid. This is gonna be your first Reinforcement, and once you have it a bit stronger, it will take your fleet to new heights.

The other stuff, is a bit more specific to the route you are gonna take.

Route Nr 1 will take you to Malak.

For this route, you are gonna work towards a JKR team from now on, so you want to hard node farm bastila shan, Zaalbar and Jolee Bindu. Once you have finished your Cantina farms for soldier and spy, you start farming t3m4 and mission vao. Except when you hit 83, you are gonna farm Geonosian Brood Alpha to at least 4*, then continue with mission and t3.
    If you happen to have spare energy, or have finished bastila/zaalbar/jolee, you replace thoose farms with Bastila shan fallen, Carth onasi and juhani. you do the same with your cantina farms, except you are gonna farm canderous ordo. buy HK-47 out of the squad arena store.
    with lvl 83, and getting GBA to at least 4*, you will use thoose as your primary team (i do recommend using your first zeta you get on GBAs unique, Queens Will), untill you get JKR unlocked. once you have gotten mission and t3 to 7*, you get GBA to 7* as well, before transitioning into farming canderous.
    Once you have JKR unlocked, that will be your primary team (JKR; Bastila, GMY, Jolee, Ezra/GK), and you will use that for a few months, while you farm the DR requirements, and gear up your characters for the malak event.

Route Nr 2 will use Padme

This route is a bit more straight forward. you keep working on phoenix, your geonosians, and you only need to farm JKA and Ahsoka to 7*, once you hit 83, you farm that GBA to 7* immediatly. once you hit lvl 85 and have GBA at 7*, you can unlock padme. for her team you want to use padme, JKA, Ahsoka, GMY and GK.
    From there, you have alot of options, you can either go for GAS (requires farming all his requirements, including ewoks for c3p0, and getting a clone team going), or go for a GL of your choosing. (SEE or SLKR recommended)

Some general notes, both routes will give you a full geonosian team, and use the geonosian fleet. thoose will be your most important characters to gear, till your pilots hit g12. They will also open you the door to some good guilds that do Dark Side Geonosis TB, this event does reward you with GET 2 currency, and that currency is critical, to staying competitive in the fleet arena. with both routes, you kinda want to get the malevolence, allthough with the padme route, and especially if you go for GAS, you can also choose to get the negotiator.

Also i highly recommend that if your guild right now doesnt do all heroic raids, that you look for one that does. and then once you hit 85, and have your geonosians relativly well developed, you look for another new guild, that does at least dark side geo territory battles, so you can start earning get2.

DONT spend any GET 1 currency right now. save it up, you need that later for when you unlock malak or GAS, or decide to get HYoda/Wampa. DO NOT spend it on gear or character shards, you can get elsewhere.

• Options
    Yeah I've realized the hard way that the Phoenix ships suck despite Ghost being my most powerful ship.

I've been farming Vulture Droids since level 45 or something. Drop rates are horrible but almost got them to 3 stars.

Working up Tarkin already.

Been farming Tie Fighter since I got the node unlocked and been working on Ahsoka's ship already since I seem to get her from Bronziums so often it isn't funny (she's nearly 6 stars without farming her). Same with Jedi Consular which I use in my fleet arena battles at the moment since it works well with Hound's Tooth as my first reinforcement, though not working that ship up since I got it to 2 stars since I can't see that fitting once Sun Fac is online.

Of those options, the Padme option probably looks more appealing to me as a first step as I'm closer to having the required parts already. I am already farming JKA and have been getting Ahsoka shards falling into my lap as I mentioned earlier.

Got the guild situation sorted out recently.
  • Vesuvan1979
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    OK, looking over this advice and these teams a bit more closely I see a small issue with the Padme team which is the reliance on General Kenobi, which requires the heroic AAT mission. Is that team workable with an alternative tank?

Alternatively I see that there is no major farming commitment for regular energy in the second plan. Is there any disadvantage to pursuing JKR and Padme essentially at the same time - i.e. setting me up to get JKR shortly after Padme? Only overlap I'm seeing between the teams is Yoda (which I assume is replaceable?) and the only divergence from the JKR plan with the Padme plan appears to be getting the Brood Alpha to 7 stars instead of 4, thereby delaying the last parts of the JKR plan coming together. Since I'm starting from behind on Zaalbar and Jolee who I can farm with regular energy in the meantime I'd assume I'd need the extra time anyway? And I can probably use Shan and Jolee as part of a second-string Jedi team in the meantime (which I can also use to unlock GM Yoda)? Or am I spreading myself too thin again?
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Options
    So, yes, you can also farm JKR, the issue is a bit more related, to getting a giant gear and zeta bottleneck, if you want to do both teams at the same time, so you will have to prioritize one. You should also farm the vulture droid, and the hyena bomber with regular energy. once you unlock the jango fett node, thats another hard node you farm. otherwise, use your energy for gear, or start farming Droideka for the GAS unlock, if you want to go that route.

In regards to General Kenobi, as i said, you want to be in a guild, that does all 3 raids on heroic, so you can start earning shards. If your guild doesnt do it, get a new one that does, there are so many guilds out there that do, and dont care much about your GP etc, that you just hinder your own progress if you are in one, that doesnt run that raid on heroic.

As a replacement early, you can run stuff like fives + rex, instead of GMY and GK. has the added benefit, of being able to transition thoose characters later into a clone team. it aint super bad, but in the end you rly do want GK. As for the 5th in the padme team, ideally, later you want c3po, but as ewoks are a bit ineffecient to get early, we have to use a different 5th. GMY will allready be unlocked, just by having all thoose jedi, so is r2. Both work fine with the padme team.
  • Options
    Yeah I figured the gear (and credits) bottleneck could be thing. Didn't factor in zetas as another bottleneck.

I'll probably go with Padme first then Revan afterwards if I'm not prepping up for a galactic legend since I can see the advantage of having a second good team after finishing the first one up.

The guild I moved over to yesterday is running all 3 heroics and is a part of a multi-guild group that I can potentially move between down the line if specific events are an issue. Just thinking that if I don't have GK ready early on (or if I only have him at 5 stars and the rest of the team at 7) I'd want to have other options in mind. I was thinking Fives as an alternative if I need to and you had mentioned needing clones down the line, so...
  • Options
    On another note, are those Imperials I've been incidentally picking up (e.g. Palpatine, Tarkin and Thrawn) good for anything other than unlocking R2-D2? Or just use them for that and wait to see if something else comes up that uses them at a later point, and don't put many resources into them (except Tarkin obviously)?
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Options
    so, they unlock you r2, and they are a great GAC team, and thats what you gonna use them for mostly (also you get vader thrown in there^^)

later on, some of them a requirements for galactic legends, and EP is one of the best Sith leads for all the pve events requiring sith. and obviously, they double up for events requiring empire, so they basically give you additional ressources, and make your roster stronger for GAC and TW