F2P GL Progress - 3RD Batch

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I don't see Omega being required but this is pretty brutal
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    I am at a complete loss on what their goal is with LV. Usually GLs are within reach of a lot of players so they will panic farm, buy crystals & packs. With these requirements I wonder how many will still do the same? These are so far out there for me that I will just take my time and get him whenever I do.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    Lol, the second batch ensures f2p won’t get it for a long time. At least I won’t get it for a long time. Maybe they will require Omega to be group 3 too.
    9iy2lewsscdo.jpeg

You've changed man :)
  • LV is irrelevant to me. He's not anywhere on my horizon, and I'm not looking to change that.

I won't say that I'll never get LV (I learned that lesson when saying I never want C3PO), but I do not care when I get him, and I won't care until he's required for something new, like a new raid that only he can handle.

In the meantime, there is always Executor and going back to relic up old toons that never got their shot since they weren't meta when relics came out (like the Sith Triumvirate).
  • LV is irrelevant to me. He's not anywhere on my horizon, and I'm not looking to change that.

I won't say that I'll never get LV (I learned that lesson when saying I never want C3PO), but I do not care when I get him, and I won't care until he's required for something new, like a new raid that only he can handle.

In the meantime, there is always Executor and going back to relic up old toons that never got their shot since they weren't meta when relics came out (like the Sith Triumvirate).

Should always try to get GL and get ahead of the curve. Especially now that only GL can beat GL you want to have the same or more than your opponent
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    LV is irrelevant to me. He's not anywhere on my horizon, and I'm not looking to change that.

Should always try to get GL and get ahead of the curve. Especially now that only GL can beat GL you want to have the same or more than your opponent

Or reprioritise. The rewards from gac...or the difference from losing more or less is next to none.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I am at a complete loss on what their goal is with LV. Usually GLs are within reach of a lot of players so they will panic farm, buy crystals & packs. With these requirements I wonder how many will still do the same? These are so far out there for me that I will just take my time and get him whenever I do.

I think the goal is to do successfully what they have already done: make so many paths that are long and different that when any players get to the end of a path, the game doesn't have nothing but a wall of 1 team being top 50 of shards. They are going for fun, profitable, diverse, meaningful endgame paths. I think they are succeeding at it. There are 6 GL teams and of them some will be able to beat LV.

It's profitable in that any whale of $$$$ will be able to get. It's win win.

100 $$$ gets you very little in this game's end-game. What, 20000 Crystal's? 1000 much more. I surmise that LV is CG moving the goal-post to ensure that.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    LV is irrelevant to me. He's not anywhere on my horizon, and I'm not looking to change that.

Or reprioritise. The rewards from gac...or the difference from losing more or less is next to none.

I think the rewards from winning each individual round are pretty good. That's a lot of slicing mats.

I was hoping that they would make Darth Vader a new type of upgrade model: upon relic LV your Darth Vader is now upgradeable to his full potential (perhaps what they are nerfing), but I guess we are too far into GLs already for them to make that kind of change.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I think the rewards from winning each individual round are pretty good. That's a lot of slicing mats.

Yes bu, there won't be worlds in between not having LV vs. having him. A league at most. Fall from kyber to aero. That difference is not something to write home about. Ofc something I'd rather have, but since most won't be getting LV in near future...
    Lol, the second batch ensures f2p won’t get it for a long time. At least I won’t get it for a long time. Maybe they will require Omega to be group 3 too.

Did I change? I am still going for them as fast as I could. Given how CG stacked all those hard requirement releases together, it will benefit non-hoarder like me that I should be among the first few f2p to have them all.
    sloweagle wrote: »

Did I change? I am still going for them as fast as I could. Given how CG stacked all those hard requirement releases together, it will benefit non-hoarder like me that I should be among the first few f2p to have them all.

Yeah you are right. And I would expect you would be aiming for Executor first given he is more likely to be meta defining?

I burnt through 20K crystals to get executor requirements done. Running low on stun guns and wont have enough kyros for all the bad batch so will have to use crystals. It's tough.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Progress so far and remaining needs. Relic needs are much higher. I'm farming for executor and lv together, whereas I'll miss executor first time.

33k crystals gear need
    02ci3w7smxly.png

38k+ about 40k crystals relic mats
    wl9s1ds6lc5k.png
    6fed2ikq4npn.png
  • Yeah you are right. And I would expect you would be aiming for Executor first given he is more likely to be meta defining?

I burnt through 20K crystals to get executor requirements done. Running low on stun guns and wont have enough kyros for all the bad batch so will have to use crystals. It's tough.

I expect to unlock executor in a few days. Temporarily stop mod farming to conserve crystals so I can buy tier 3 signal data in weekly shipments. I am farming BB too and will time them consistently with gear requirement, no need to rush them when I can’t relic them anyway.

• I have 5 GL, and this LV still far far away from done 😭😭😭
    nv31ncrf0i7g.png

But i am ready for exec ship
    nv31ncrf0i7g.png

Not that bad a position. Still a few weeks away from LV dropping. Many crystals saved up?
    nv31ncrf0i7g.png

Not that bad a position. Still a few weeks away from LV dropping. Many crystals saved up?

Around 47k, but i will use it for 5* exec...and then wait..if its super op..i will burn it to 7* next month
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    This is my status towards LV. Still 9 toons to go but all R8 are done. I am never a hoarder. I felt hoarders don’t have much in hoard with back to back release of JMK and Executor. So hopefully I will still be among the first few F2p to unlock 6th GL.

zyeo944shm5z.jpeg
    This is my status towards LV. Still 9 toons to go but all R8 are done. I am never a hoarder. I felt hoarders don’t have much in hoard with back to back release of JMK and Executor. So hopefully I will still be among the first few F2p to unlock 6th GL.

zyeo944shm5z.jpeg

It's cost me pretty much my entire 100K stash to 7* executor and get close to LV but I prob won't unlock event right away... Unless it's a month or so away.

The 7th GL will break FTP I reckon.
  • Crap I thought I'd be ready

Need to bring Nute from R6-R7 and wrecker from R1-R5

A few days away
  • I'm working on LV for my fourth GL, just need some signal data and a few Echo shards should start farming tickets in a couple weeks. I'm not 100% f2p but I don't spend a lot eitherr and haven't spent a dime on my LV farm.
  • Signal data for r8 is killing me. it's going to take so **** long I'm going to miss this month's Exec event as well, by about 10 days.

Still, that's 20 days before the one after that. So long as I don't get too many Exec's built up in my shard (and I don't think I will, my squad shard is active, but my Fleet shard is pretty dead), Oct will be good enough, I guess. It's still disappointing, though.

In the mean time, I am legally obligated to indicate that I am hating the current conquest.

• In the mean time, I am legally obligated to indicate that I am hating the current conquest.

I already finished max crate with 3x50 refresh on 7 days. Could have saved some of those 50s if I was patient enough.

Meanwhile the LV is still way off. Only 26/100 on Echo, farming from hard nodes.
  • Crap I thought I'd be ready

A few days away

At least you can start farming soon:)

Crap I thought I'd be ready

A few days away

At least you can start farming soon:)

I don't think I'll go hard on the ticket farming tbh. Haven't seen a strong LV team even with ultimate. Might need maul to get dominant and that's not for a month or two
  • jpjvev81ehxj.jpg

3rd batch finished.

Now to hoard for the 4th batch
  • I'm done with the game while just about to grab Vader. Good luck everyone. Keep it up on the next batch.
  • jpjvev81ehxj.jpg

3rd batch finished.

Now to hoard for the 4th batch

Congratulations.

I will not hoard. The fact I expect to unlock LV within next two weeks mean I do just fine as pure f2p without hoarding:) I can probably safely claim the highest GP among f2p now. Haha

• MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm done with the game while just about to grab Vader. Good luck everyone. Keep it up on the next batch.

Ah, a lot of retirement recently. More from executor frustration than Vader. Have fun with your new freedom.
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm done with the game while just about to grab Vader. Good luck everyone. Keep it up on the next batch.

Ah, a lot of retirement recently. More from executor frustration than Vader. Have fun with your new freedom.

I got executor and left vader a month to completion. It's more years of the grind catching up to me and the outcome of that grind not being exciting. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.