F2P GL Progress - 3RD Batch

Replies

• MaruMaru wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm done with the game while just about to grab Vader. Good luck everyone. Keep it up on the next batch.

Ah, a lot of retirement recently. More from executor frustration than Vader. Have fun with your new freedom.

I got executor and left vader a month to completion. It's more years of the grind catching up to me and the outcome of that grind not being exciting. Thanks!

Totally understand. That’s why I had to set some other goal to keep the game interesting for me as f2p, such as chasing the highest GP without spending a penny, climbing the swgoh.gg leaderboards etc.
  • Finally managed to get my third GL this week as FTP. Rey, JML and now SLKR. Will take a deep breath and work on a few teams for Conquest before launching into GL Kenobi early in the new year.
  • @Haydigan

Congrats!

I would think seriously about going for SEE next if you're worried about conquest. You've got two amazing Jedi leaders with the Lukes and Conquest rewards diversity, so having 2x dark side GLs and 2x light side GLs will probably work out better for you in the longer run.

Jedi Master Kenobi won't be the tip of the meta anymore by January 1 + however long it takes you to fulfill the requirements, so you might as well go for whichever toon is the pointiest tip of the meta or for a good attacking DS gl (which would be SEE), or both (if you feel like going for LV or whichever DS GL shows up next).
  • You make a good point, thanks. My DS is much worse than my LS, which why I went for SLKR.

I managed crate 6 last Conquest and some of the Kenobi requirements will help with a few feats, so I'm hoping that I'm not too far away, unless everything changes again. I do need better Empire, especially Troopers, so it's tempting.

Decisions, decisions. Gotta embrace the grind.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    jpjvev81ehxj.jpg

3rd batch finished.

Now to hoard for the 4th batch

Congratulations.

I will not hoard. The fact I expect to unlock LV within next two weeks mean I do just fine as pure f2p without hoarding:) I can probably safely claim the highest GP among f2p now. Haha

Unlocked LV today. Now I am just farming ultimate at same pace of conquest 9 for Maul. Apparently LV without maul is like JMK without cat.

• Congrats, that's a great effort

Unlocked LV today. Now I am just farming ultimate at same pace of conquest 9 for Maul. Apparently LV without maul is like JMK without cat.

JMK was meta even before CAT if you used either KAM or Padme. LV is a fringe Rey counter that canabalizes another team in GAC/TW without Maul. Let's hope Maul does more for LV than CAT did for JMK

JMK was meta even before CAT if you used either KAM or Padme. LV is a fringe Rey counter that canabalizes another team in GAC/TW without Maul. Let's hope Maul does more for LV than CAT did for JMK

I think JMK without ultimate and Cat was also trash, just like LV without ultimate or maul. With ultimate, LV is pretty strong now. It can’t compete in arena only because arena is full of uJMK with cat. So expecting maul to change that.

I think JMK without ultimate and Cat was also trash, just like LV without ultimate or maul. With ultimate, LV is pretty strong now. It can’t compete in arena only because arena is full of uJMK with cat. So expecting maul to change that.

Welcome to the 6 GL FTP club :)

Yep. Even with ultimate it's ok but nothing special. Just something you put on defence and let your opponent worry about it.

It's the right tactic though. Farm at the pace so you get ultimate when the next conquest ends so 18 days.
  • Finally i have 6 GL (Lv not ultimate)
    And 7* executor.

Now time to hoarding for next GL

• Finally i have 6 GL (Lv not ultimate)
    And 7* executor.

Now time to hoarding for next GL

Good work!

I'm back up to 27K crystals. Target 100K before next GL drops.

Slow farming Omega... just in case it's needed
  • Amazing to see FTP with 6 GLs and Executor. I only got 4 GLs and Executor and it took me extreme resource management. Seems there is still room for improvement.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

LV is a fringe Rey counter

And he can solo SLKR & SEE comps 🤷‍♂️
  • Mohrg
    199 posts Member
    I'm close to my first GL now, just Mon "all the Kyros" Mothma and Jedi Rey to gear up.
    I think I'll go Kenobi next, I have most of the shards farmed, just Wat, Bo and Ayla, plus it will bolster my separatist team nicely.
    Though I have considered Executor as getting a boost in fleet arena would be nice, i dropped out of the top 50 yesterday so I'm severely lacking in crystals.
    This is where I am right now
    https://swgoh.gg/p/427327214/characters/
  • Antario wrote: »
    Amazing to see FTP with 6 GLs and Executor. I only got 4 GLs and Executor and it took me extreme resource management. Seems there is still room for improvement.

Yeah 6 GL and 7* Executor is possible for FTP but requires discipline and not upgrading non essential characters.

Usually 2015/2016 players that have been at the top of Arena the whole time and in strong guilds
    Amazing to see FTP with 6 GLs and Executor. I only got 4 GLs and Executor and it took me extreme resource management. Seems there is still room for improvement.

And never relic 8 your toon unless its gl requirements.
  • Yeah 6 GL and 7* Executor is possible for FTP but requires discipline and not upgrading non essential characters.
    Usually 2015/2016 players that have been at the top of Arena the whole time and in strong guilds

Yeh, I'm 4 GL + Exec. I'm only recently getting to the top of Squad Arena. I've been hitting top of Fleet for 2 or 2.5 years, but I didn't get SLKR until first week of January this year, so it took basically 9 months, I think, from the initial announcement to getting both Rey & SLKR. I'm in a place where I can get SEE very quickly from here, especially now that I'm taking #1 in Squad, but I'm slow farming LV b/c of the extreme requirements. I'm not even entirely sure I'll go for LV at all (at least anytime soon).

Probably I'll just wait for the next DS GL and unless there's some ridiculous whole squad of 400 Kyro toons for that one as well, I'll just skip LV and go for that.

But honestly, I've got enough GLs in general. The only thing making me want one more DS GL is the structure of Conquest. Being able to bounce back & forth between 2 GLs both of whom are DS is still useful when you're powering through the sectors. The 3 LS to 1 DS just isn't a good ratio, but LS TB required max LS investment early. At this point, my LS TB contribution is doing fairly well, so I'm going to fix that imbalance then just see where I am. Bringing up other factions is certainly a lot more attractive than going for LV right now. I don't know if that will always be true, but ... the LV reqs just nauseate me, and with SEE so relatively easy to get, I just don't see any reason to go there.

And never relic 8 your toon unless its gl requirements.

I never go above relic 5 unless it's a GL requirement. Those last few levels are a killer
  • Yeah 6 GL and 7* Executor is possible for FTP but requires discipline and not upgrading non essential characters.

Yeh, I'm 4 GL + Exec. I'm only recently getting to the top of Squad Arena. I've been hitting top of Fleet for 2 or 2.5 years, but I didn't get SLKR until first week of January this year, so it took basically 9 months, I think, from the initial announcement to getting both Rey & SLKR. I'm in a place where I can get SEE very quickly from here, especially now that I'm taking #1 in Squad, but I'm slow farming LV b/c of the extreme requirements. I'm not even entirely sure I'll go for LV at all (at least anytime soon).

Probably I'll just wait for the next DS GL and unless there's some ridiculous whole squad of 400 Kyro toons for that one as well, I'll just skip LV and go for that.

But honestly, I've got enough GLs in general. The only thing making me want one more DS GL is the structure of Conquest. Being able to bounce back & forth between 2 GLs both of whom are DS is still useful when you're powering through the sectors. The 3 LS to 1 DS just isn't a good ratio, but LS TB required max LS investment early. At this point, my LS TB contribution is doing fairly well, so I'm going to fix that imbalance then just see where I am. Bringing up other factions is certainly a lot more attractive than going for LV right now. I don't know if that will always be true, but ... the LV reqs just nauseate me, and with SEE so relatively easy to get, I just don't see any reason to go there.

Next GL will need r9 for sure...

You need all GL to apply a strong guild...at least top 15 GP. Strong guild will give you more benefits (from tw and tb prize)
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Lol, I am the exception on a lot of those hoarding rules, and yet I am also 6 GLs and executor owner. Haha. My crystals balance is rarely above 1k. And I have plenty of R8/R7 that’s not GL requirements. Chasing highest GP among f2p players has a cost. On the other hand, my GAC rank is pretty decent so not hoarding doesn’t hurt me at all.

I have been in strong guilds all the time, from DVD, to Legacy to MAW. Stronger rewards from TB is also helpful.

BTW, 4 consecutive TW wins earned my first f2p R9 material today.

• Good work!

My goodness, how the heck do you save that much crystal so quickly again? What do you spend daily? I religiously spend 3x50 on mods, ships and normal energy daily and 3x100 on cantina energy daily. That is at least 750 daily outlay.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

Good work!

My goodness, how the heck do you save that much crystal so quickly again? What do you spend daily? I religiously spend 3x50 on mods, ships and normal energy daily and 3x100 on cantina energy daily. That is at least 750 daily outlay.

Easiest way to save crystals is to not do 100x3 on cantina every day, so I'm guessing that
  • Ultra wrote: »

Easiest way to save crystals is to not do 100x3 on cantina every day, so I'm guessing that

But eventually those GLs and its requirements will need a lot of signal data, 3x100 is more efficient than hoarding and then buying it from shop. That’s why I religiously do it daily. Would rather hoard the signal data directly.

Lol, I am the exception on a lot of those hoarding rules, and yet I am also 6 GLs and executor owner. Haha. My crystals balance is rarely above 1k. And I have plenty of R8/R7 that’s not GL requirements. Chasing highest GP among f2p players has a cost. On the other hand, my GAC rank is pretty decent so not hoarding doesn’t hurt me at all.

I have been in strong guilds all the time, from DVD, to Legacy to MAW. Stronger rewards from TB is also helpful.

BTW, 4 consecutive TW wins earned my first f2p R9 material today.

How can you get 7* executor if you dont hoarding crystal? Or you just unlock 4* executor only?

Btw I got 12 droid brains now as ftp 😁

• How can you get 7* executor if you dont hoarding crystal? Or you just unlock 4* executor only?

I only have 5 stars executor. Lol
    I climb to rank 1 daily with 1 or no refresh, and my GAC is doing fine, so I am comfortable with my 5 stars.

How can you get 7* executor if you dont hoarding crystal? Or you just unlock 4* executor only?

I climb to rank 1 daily with 1 or no refresh, and my GAC is doing fine, so I am comfortable with my 5 stars.

Never quite get how 5* can win. When I mirror and don't go first it's almost a certain loss

Never quite get how 5* can win. When I mirror and don't go first it's almost a certain loss

Because at 5*, the ability heal is maxed at level 6 so it doesn’t taunt RC when I heal it. So as long as my RC isn’t nuked before I can heal it, I will win.

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

Because at 5*, the ability heal is maxed at level 6 so it doesn’t taunt RC when I heal it. So as long as my RC isn’t nuked before I can heal it, I will win.

Just make sure not to upgrade that ability ever even if ur ship is 6-7*
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Just make sure not to upgrade that ability ever even if ur ship is 6-7*

Yep. Mirror matches is pure RNG with maxed ability. No tactic can win if they hit your RC first
  • @John_Matrix1985 hey, wonder how the hoarding F2P is doing with Jabba? Are you close at unlocking? Perhaps someone can start a 3.5 batch? 😂
This discussion has been closed.