Mod challenges Final Tier

Blah_Blah
15 posts Member
edited May 2021
I'm sure this has been brought up before but still "Why mod challenges still award
3 & 4 dot mods?". We can't slice them and most people don't use them anyway(maybe just maybe except new players). Will they ever remove them?
Post edited by Blah_Blah on

Replies

• You answered your own question. New players still use them.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    You answered your own question. New players still use them.

That’s the thing new players can’t do those last tiers so still no point in them being in there.
    They are in to help waste that spot of a potential good mod. Devs love that lol
  • New players is relative. I could complete them and still used some bad mods. Lol
  • You answered your own question. New players still use them.

Tiers 1 and 2 says hi!!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Just sell and move on, jeez. We're all in the same boat here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

As much as I hate it, I have to agree with this guy. It’s free cash. Take it and shut up. Besides, do you use every 5-dot mod you get? Because I get a BUNCH of useless 5-dots.
  • I didn't moan about CG this & CG that. All I'm asking is "What is the point of them(3&4dot mods) being in there?
    TVF wrote: »

Are you happy with them being there? Do you want them to be there?

As much as I hate it, I have to agree with this guy. It’s free cash. Take it and shut up. Besides, do you use every 5-dot mod you get? Because I get a BUNCH of useless 5-dots.

I can't even argue with you after what you wrote down in the last two sentences.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Last tier should award 5 dot mods, even to new players so that they can catch up

Once a new player purchases a hyperdrive bundle there is no point to 3/4 dot mods, especially now that 6 dot mods, and 6 dot slicing exists imo
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Blah_Blah wrote: »

Are you happy with them being there? Do you want them to be there?

I don't care. I sell them and move on.
  • Blah_Blah
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't want to argue with anyone.
    @CG_Doja_Fett care to answer this? When mods 2.0 rolled out, devs emphasized about the importance of the mods and encouraged players to farm 5 dot mods and slice them.
    Now, we can even slice 6 dot mods.
    Imo 3 and 4 dot mods aren't helpful to no one (not to new players, not to end game players).
    So, why don't you change that the final tier of mod challenges reward ONLY 5 dot mods?
    Thank you.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    Over 90% of mods are sold due to bad stats, we don't need useless dot3/4 on top of that, anyone who needs them got them in previous tiers. With all the time consuming junk farming surrounding mods and speed meta, don't **** us off further with completely useless junk. Nobody who does tier 3 uses them, nobody needs them, time to do a cleanup.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Farm more mods if you want more 5 dot mods.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member

Find more things to do than replying with worthless advices to everything. I got a decent set of mods, yet this is annoying. This problem doesn't concern or annoy you? Move along.
    Some people want QoL improvements, especially after several years of getting something they don't need.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Eyak wrote: »

Find more things to do than replying with worthless advices to everything.

That's not how a forum works.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Every time they add a junk toon they add storage.
  • Something else that needs to be updated is that extremely annoying mod cap. With each toon needing six mods and the 100+ toons in the game it’s getting harder to dance around this cap. Plus all the rewarded mods from events and challenges that need to be checked out on a regular basis otherwise they pile up fast and then we are forced to sell off potentiality good mods just to accept the rewards. There is no cap for training droids,ability mats or gear why have one for mods?
    Adamklark wrote: »
    either they don't care or some technical hiccup like with fleet squad management problem (somehow it is coded weirdly?)

The amount of training droids in your inventory is a simple number. That is very easy data to store.

Each mod has a set type, shape, colour, level, primary stat, 4 secondary stats each with variable values. That is much harder data to store.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Something else that needs to be updated is that extremely annoying mod cap. With each toon needing six mods and the 100+ toons in the game it’s getting harder to dance around this cap. Plus all the rewarded mods from events and challenges that need to be checked out on a regular basis otherwise they pile up fast and then we are forced to sell off potentiality good mods just to accept the rewards. There is no cap for training droids,ability mats or gear why have one for mods?
    either they don't care or some technical hiccup like with fleet squad management problem (somehow it is coded weirdly?)

The amount of training droids in your inventory is a simple number. That is very easy data to store.

Each mod has a set type, shape, colour, level, primary stat, 4 secondary stats each with variable values. That is much harder data to store.

training droids 2.0 confirmed
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Something else that needs to be updated is that extremely annoying mod cap. With each toon needing six mods and the 100+ toons in the game it’s getting harder to dance around this cap. Plus all the rewarded mods from events and challenges that need to be checked out on a regular basis otherwise they pile up fast and then we are forced to sell off potentiality good mods just to accept the rewards. There is no cap for training droids,ability mats or gear why have one for mods?

Set, type, shape is all stored as a 3 digit number.
    I think the real issue is the data pull each time a player logs in keeps growing, inventory being the biggest one.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    I use them for credits. :p
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Same
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member

You know that you get them instead of 5dot... Which sells for more when not needed, so you also loose credits.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I'm really glad I manage my credits so I don't have to worry about that.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Eyak wrote: »

You know that you get them instead of 5dot... Which sells for more when not needed, so you also loose credits.

I have more than enough credits to use. Getting the crappy ones 3 and 4 dots and selling immediately is still free $ IMO. Then I can take my time, level up the 5 dots and sell away what isn't good. So it's less money for less time invested, but still free money.
  • 1 to 4 dot mods are just a speedbump to force you to spend more resources.
    Same as the chances of getting a good mod with speed, you have to spend a mountain of resources just to get one good mod.
    If CG wanted to they could make farming the mod challenge cost 50,000 crystals and 10 million credits to give you one mod with 15+ speed, but it wouldn't be any fun
    Hence the slot machine system