What direction to go next to maximize Arena rank?

Sorry for the super vague question, but I'm more or less lost right now. Not entirely sure what teams I want to build towards at this point. Currently my top team is EP Sith/Empire, but I've hit a brick wall at around #900 Arena because every team is 50k+, 60k+ power compared to my team's 23k, and hunting out Jedi and Rebel teams with EP isn't working anymore. Am I using the wrong units and teams, or is this as far as I can realistically climb without leveling up more?

Profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/356893396

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Make sure that your arena team is always at max level. If it falls behind your player level it will have a harder time landing/resisting debuffs. Landing debuffs is essential for your empire team.

Speed is essential in arena. You should move your fastest mods to your arena team. In particular Vader and Thrawn need to be fast (be aware of Vader's bonus to speed from his unique).

Yes, soon you could switch to farming old republic characters to unlock JKR but I'd recommend to stay on your current path until your empire (and Phoenix) team(s) are at 7*. You should keep farming Phoenix to 7* in order unlock 7* Thrawn (and Palpatine). In general you shouldn't stop a farm mid way.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Also, in early game it's a race to reach level 85 if you want to be competitive in arena. I assume that those 60k+ teams you see in arena are also higher level (and higher gear level).
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Also, in early game it's a race to reach level 85 if you want to be competitive in arena. I assume that those 60k+ teams you see in arena are also higher level (and higher gear level).

Yup. Every team is Gear 8+ and level 75+ at the bare minimum. Most of them are 6 and 7 stars too.

My main problem right now is most relatively lower power Jedi or Rebel teams I can find are just Jedi teams. Ideally, Vader gets a full 9-man speed boost from his Unique, outspeeds everyone, and gets to put 3 Damage Over Times on the entire enemy team, and I can follow it up with EP mass stun, Dooku stun, Nihilus mass cooldown drain, etc. Lately though, there's always a Yoda that outspeeds Vader and puts Tenacity Up on his entire team and the chain never happens.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So, why aren't your speed arrows on Vader? Don't underestimate the importance of mods.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    So, why aren't your speed arrows on Vader? Don't underestimate the importance of mods.

Well, you see, I haven't even unlocked Speed mods yet. Kind of a problem, I know.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Well, you see, I haven't even unlocked Speed mods yet. Kind of a problem, I know.

Well, I see that you took my advice and moved your only +30 speed arrow to Vader from some random other character. You're welcome.
  • Yea um I've got a problem. I got through to unlocking Speed mods, but when I slap then onto Vader, he actually gets slower because my current mods add so much speed and my Speed mods don't have that much base speed.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Take the time to figure out how mods work, and how to farm up better ones (:
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    When you moved the speed arrow to Vader after my previous comment you saw a huge increase in his speed. I'm not sure what your problem is now.

(speed arrow = arrow mod with speed as primary stat)
  • I just unlocked Speed set mods and I was trying to get rid of Vader's health mods for speed mods but uh, that actually makes him slower lol
  • By the way, Vader is now insanely fast and outspeeds almost every team I play against so that problem's fixed. Now it's just the fact that I'm at Arena rank 681 with a 30k power team trying to fight 70ks lmao
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I just unlocked Speed set mods and I was trying to get rid of Vader's health mods for speed mods but uh, that actually makes him slower lol

There's more to mods than set bonus.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    By the way, Vader is now insanely fast and outspeeds almost every team I play against so that problem's fixed.

You're welcome.
    Now it's just the fact that I'm at Arena rank 681 with a 30k power team trying to fight 70ks lmao

You're level 64 but your entire arena squad is trailing. Also, it looks like you could upgrade some of their abilities. What's the level of activity in your guild? Do you raid heroic tank raids? Do you raid frequently or is ticket generation low? More frequent raids at higher tiers give more and better rewards.
  • Does leveling up my squad by like 2 levels really make a difference?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Does leveling up my squad by like 2 levels really make a difference?

It helps you land debuffs. Level difference between source and target is part of the formula for resisting detrimetal effects. Your empire/Sith team relies heavily on landing debuffs.

• Tyranoraptor98
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Didn't know that. Thanks
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Each hero has three stats: Strength Agility and Tactics. Take a look at your heroes stats tab

STR, AGI, TAC Growth is how much of that stat is added when you level up once (level 1 to 85)
    Each STAR the hero has increases the stat growth per level (1 to 7 stars)
    Each gear piece adds a bunch of stats (listed on the piece)
    Completing a full gear level gives you a big bonus to health and protection (upgrade)

Mods adjust the stats of your hero, adding raw stats or boosting (%) existing stats
    Percentage stats on mods only affect the stats from completed gear levels. If that sounds confusing, imagine you have a bare gear 8 Vader and you put a piece of gear on him that adds +20 physical damage, your offense % bonus from mods will not factor that until you complete the gear level (going from gear 8 to gear 9)

Getting a hero to 7 stars and completing gear levels is fundamental for making them more powerful.
    After that, omegas and zetas. Make sure you maxxed everything out.

Just keep pushing your hero levels, gear levels and ability levels up. One powerful high geared hero like Vader can often wipe out a whole low geared team on their own.

• The advice here is certainly going to buy you some time, but empire will start to struggle when the teams you face in arena are 80-90k power even if you can match that. I would look into farming geonosians so you can get Padme sooner rather than later and use her in arena.
    3v3 FTW
  • The advice here is certainly going to buy you some time, but empire will start to struggle when the teams you face in arena are 80-90k power even if you can match that. I would look into farming geonosians so you can get Padme sooner rather than later and use her in arena.

I disagree. Empire can compete and last quite awhile if geared and modded correctly and if you know how to use them.

My ep team on my alt easily counters both jkr and padme teams that appear frequently in arena.

My advice to the op.

Focus all gear on your arena team until you are limited by your level.

Start farming the Darth revan toons, particularly dark Bastilla. Gear dark Bastilla until she's strong enough to swap in. Finish darth revan and gear him and put him in. That gets you ep, vader, thrawn, darth revan, and dark Bastilla for a team. Then once you have malak, you can switch to Darth revan lead.

But in the meantime, you can probably get top 50 if you learn to mod and gear your empire team. It may take until you're level 85 to do so depending on how many hyperdrive bundles your shard has. But that will be an issue no matter what team you use. But empire does fine with just a couple of Zetas. It can beat far more than just rebels and jedi.

Zeta priority

Merciless massacre
    Ep lead
    No escape

The zetas make a huge difference so get them as soon as you can.