What's with the random, drastic difficulty spike in GC?

Prev134
Ryanh1315
122 posts Member
How do we go from manageable GCs to outrageous difficulty with Moff Gideon hitting for 150k on a basic?

Replies

• They are all different, some are relatively easy, some are nearly impossible.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    They have to keep Ahnald happy after he dropped over $1200 on 4 characters.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    this isn't new
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    This one is easily the most difficult GC they have put out IMO. I have beaten them all but this one is just insane.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Straegen wrote: »
    This one is easily the most difficult GC they have put out IMO. I have beaten them all but this one is just insane.

Yup, I struggled even with the "win" button (SLKR) on T10, this GC is next level
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »

Yup, I struggled even with the "win" button (SLKR) on T10, this GC is next level

I haven't tried on main yet but on my alt with bad mods I had no issue winning with SLKR.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Its definitely gotten more difficult
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Just doesn’t seem designed to be done with clones. I’ve not seen if anyone has had any luck with Bad batch but my Relic clones can only get up to tier 6. Tier 7 or higher seems impossible. Had no issue clearing T10 with Sith but that doesn’t help a whole lot on a clone GC
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Just doesn’t seem designed to be done with clones. I’ve not seen if anyone has had any luck with Bad batch but my Relic clones can only get up to tier 6. Tier 7 or higher seems impossible. Had no issue clearing T10 with Sith but that doesn’t help a whole lot on a clone GC

That’s what it was designed around. This is like the Mandalorian faction before. It’s for those that spent. Even with R8s of the 501st its not manageable
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »

That’s what it was designed around. This is like the Mandalorian faction before. It’s for those that spent. Even with R8s of the 501st its not manageable

Guess I should have expected it really, my eyes lit up when I saw clones were the ‘faction of the month’ as I like to call it for GC’s seeing as they’re my main team currently. Here’s hoping at least a couple of the ones left can be done with the 501st instead of BB. T8 crate will do for this one
  • Didn’t notice last GC but why was the Mod quality nerfed?
  • Mordra
    6 posts Member
    There is no way a r0 team should be able to beat r8 and r7 teams. Please fix Moff or the challenge or rename it Bad Batch challenge.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    It is more of a Bad Batch challenge than a Clone Trooper challenge. I am getting the feeling that it is only completable if you whaled on the packs for BB.

• Just take tier 9 rewards and move on. Oh well.

Let the whales have their fun
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »

You tried with r8 501st?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Just take tier 9 rewards and move on. Oh well.

Let the whales have their fun

Its a shame that this GC is clearly for the whales, not for anyone else.

• To be fair that's how business work
    Frederick Free to Play doesn't keep the game going

If they cared though, they should give the community a vote.
    We pick one planet that each enemy faction is banned from being on.
    No more troopers on the Death Star
    No more Tatooine Old Republic, yeah you Canderous 20 Turns
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    The difficulty spike has about 1200 reasons.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Mod zeta’d Bad Batch for potency/speed.
    Expect restarts until RNG aligns (particularly with Wrecker stun).
    We have people completing tier X with all four bad batch at 3 star gear 7-9 under hunter lead with Rex as 5th.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    they gotta put bread on the table, small indie company, don't be harsh

this a $1.2 billion mobile game.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

Never underestimate troopers
  • To be fair that's how business work
    Frederick Free to Play doesn't keep the game going

If they cared though, they should give the community a vote.
    We pick one planet that each enemy faction is banned from being on.
    No more troopers on the Death Star
    No more Tatooine Old Republic, yeah you Canderous 20 Turns

More like cancerous ordo
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Mod zeta’s Bad Batch for potency/speed.
    We have people completing tier X with all four bad batch at 3 star gear 7-9 under hunter lead with Rex as 5th.

Dont come here with this, thats not what anyone wants to hear. throw a "slap in the face" in there somewhere next time, this way we can take you seriously. ;)

anyway, thats good to hear, definitely have to give this a try tonight.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Dont come here with this, thats not what anyone wants to hear. throw a "slap in the face" in there somewhere next time, this way we can take you seriously. ;)

Hilarious isn't it, when 3 star characters can beat something that a relic 7 can't beat from the same faction
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Hilarious isn't it, when 3 star characters can beat something that a relic 7 can't beat from the same faction

It’s almost like they designed it to showcase the talents of the shiny new toys...
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I'll never understand why people get mad when someone gives them a solution.

Requires all R7 toons? Mad!
    Can do it at 3*? Also mad!