What's with the random, drastic difficulty spike in GC?

Replies

• TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Mod zeta’s Bad Batch for potency/speed.
    Expect restarts until RNG aligns (particularly with Wrecker stun).
    We have people completing tier X with all four bad batch at 3 star gear 7-9 under hunter lead with Rex as 5th.

Dont come here with this, thats not what anyone wants to hear. throw a "slap in the face" in there somewhere next time, this way we can take you seriously. ;)

anyway, thats good to hear, definitely have to give this a try tonight.

Hilarious isn't it, when 3 star characters can beat something that a relic 7 can't beat from the same faction

It’s almost like they designed it to showcase the talents of the shiny new toys...

It's almost like they design it to showcase what you will get with 80 zetas, 500 stun guns, and 1600 kyros. I mean I don't care I'm getting them regardless
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    We have people completing tier X with all four bad batch at 3 star gear 7-9 under hunter lead with Rex as 5th.

Dont come here with this, thats not what anyone wants to hear. throw a "slap in the face" in there somewhere next time, this way we can take you seriously. ;)

TVF wrote: »
    I'll never understand why people get mad when someone gives them a solution.

Requires all R7 toons? Mad!
    Can do it at 3*? Also mad!

Have you seen any evidence of that claim? Can you link me to a post that shows that someone really did it?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    My comment was not made in isolation. I have no evidence of this one particular time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

Have you seen any evidence of that claim? Can you link me to a post that shows that someone really did it?

I don’t know what level this guys Bad Batch are, but here is a guy doing it with Cody as a 5th instead of Rex (which is just taking advantage of translation for cool down reduction instead of Rex unique)

https://youtu.be/lf3gAk92Y20
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    This is outrageous. It’s unfair! Heck, it unprecedented to make the new shinies needed to get the last prize box. Well, unprecedented since troopers. Well, and mandos. But still!

Lol harder.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • GC has been about one thing from outset, bank! The concept of GC is good, however requiring marquee toons just released to earn rewards is not very CG, oh wait...... yes it is! They were ridiculed after the Mandalorian tags, now u need Bad Batch. I got it done with JML, but rest of feats near impossible. CG why do u insist on alienating ur player base?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

I don’t know what level this guys Bad Batch are, but here is a guy doing it with Cody as a 5th instead of Rex (which is just taking advantage of translation for cool down reduction instead of Rex unique)

These guys are nowhere near G7-9
    Over 30k hit takes only about half of Hunter's protection.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member

These guys are nowhere near G7-9
    Over 30k hit takes only about half of Hunter's protection.

Not did I claim they were (however, a g9 hunter with protection primaries hits 30k, add in his lead and he would be about 40k at g9)
  • Lmao this is just funny, the teir 8 toons hit for 80k basic, their aoes will be enough to destroy any gear 9 bad batch members, let alone tier 10, pure fan fiction
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Well considering this is the guy that posted the video:

lhykypmwrk2u.png

I'm gonna go with they're not G8/9
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Well considering this is the guy that posted the video:

lhykypmwrk2u.png

I'm gonna go with they're not G8/9

Hahaha yeah they are 7, relic 7 XD
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Mod zeta’d Bad Batch for potency/speed.

Vids please.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Hilarious isn't it, when 3 star characters can beat something that a relic 7 can't beat from the same faction

It's funny how few people understand what the "right team" and strategy can do in a strategy game, yes, quite.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

It's funny how few people understand what the "right team" and strategy can do in a strategy game, yes, quite.

It's funny how you gloss over comments asking for proof.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    GC has been about one thing from outset, bank! The concept of GC is good, however requiring marquee toons just released to earn rewards is not very CG, oh wait...... yes it is! They were ridiculed after the Mandalorian tags, now u need Bad Batch. I got it done with JML, but rest of feats near impossible. CG why do u insist on alienating ur player base?

Why?

So what if the last tier box is a reward for investing in the new and shiny?

Many act like this is have it or get nothing, and it is nowhere near that.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    The non-Clone feats are easy if you have JML. JML lead, GMY, Hoda, Old Ben, Jolee or JML lead, GMY, Hoda, Old Ben, Wat. Either team can get the non-clone feats in one run.

As for the Clone feat, high relic 501st with BB Echo can do it with absurd mods and a ton of RNG. It took Skelutrix two full hours after dialing in his team to get it done. One guy supposedly did it with 3 star Bad Batch and Rex but he didn't post a video at least that I have seen and there is no information about his modding. The only video on YouTube with Bad Batch at the moment doing this event is all G13 BB.

Some in our guild are getting it done with this lineup:

dalhco7nqtdf.png

• TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Vids please.

Here is a guy using relic Rex/5s plus 3 g8 bad batch (he shows his mods/stats at the end as well)

https://youtu.be/SnDcbDYdSNk
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Vids please.

Here is a guy using relic Rex/5s plus 3 g8 bad batch (he shows his mods/stats at the end as well)

https://youtu.be/SnDcbDYdSNk

So all it takes is 3 sets of +130 speed without the use of golden mods and top50 fastest Rex in the game. Nonetheless it's amazing they can do it in the first place.
  • I honestly think that this GC is not that horribly hard: plenty (!!!) of videos showcase a mixed 501st-BB solution, in an absolutely f2p-friendly manner.

However, the bugs, lets do a headcount, shall we?

- Constant offense up, bc screw you, that's why
    - Dark trooper reviving without the Endless Ranks, while dark troopers cannot be revived as per their own kit.
    - The fact that the first death of a unit ONLY triggers the Endless Ranks, and does not trigger the Gideon Leadership (why exactly??), so the Gideon Leadership might trigger on the 4th (!!!) death of a unit....
    - The fact that the Gideon Leadership revives a unit (without endless ranks) defeated by the event ability which should prevent revives...

Srsly this is low. Very low.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    This is obviously for those who have spent a couple of grand for the Bad Batch clones. Which sucks for the test of us who have only spent a few grand over the last few years. I guess we gotta spend more to keep up. Nothing to do with getting good. Just spend more. The EA way.

Except it's possible for 501st clones with a 3-4 star sub g12 BB Echo or a full BB crew at 3-4 star and sub g12 (depends on how you prefer to lowball it). So no, it's not a pay2win thing, most likely just pay4QoL as you won't need to endure the high amount of RNG.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    This is obviously for those who have spent a couple of grand for the Bad Batch clones. Which sucks for the test of us who have only spent a few grand over the last few years. I guess we gotta spend more to keep up. Nothing to do with getting good. Just spend more. The EA way.

Except it's possible for 501st clones with a 3-4 star sub g12 BB Echo or a full BB crew at 3-4 star and sub g12 (depends on how you prefer to lowball it). So no, it's not a pay2win thing, most likely just pay4QoL as you won't need to endure the high amount of RNG.

This. Takes a long time and is rng dependent but I've done it f2p, with g8 Echo.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Lmao this is just funny, the teir 8 toons hit for 80k basic, their aoes will be enough to destroy any gear 9 bad batch members, let alone tier 10, pure fan fiction

Here is some fan fiction for you

https://youtu.be/lZy9IdI3I90
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Didn't see anything in prize box worth a few grand, so relax.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Hurt feelings are priceless.
  • GC has been about one thing from outset, bank! The concept of GC is good, however requiring marquee toons just released to earn rewards is not very CG, oh wait...... yes it is! They were ridiculed after the Mandalorian tags, now u need Bad Batch. I got it done with JML, but rest of feats near impossible. CG why do u insist on alienating ur player base?

You are so right!!! Since you need 7 star Bad Batch to even enter the event....wait any star level can enter.

But they need to be relic!!! Wait...3* g11 or g8 teams can beat it?

What about my relic 501st!?!? Oh yeah, they can beat it too.

It is really hard and frustrating, and you have to remod and restart a bunch to get max crate. Or just accept 2nd to last and move on. But the marquees out of the box will work for this.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

and salty tears are tasty
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

and salty tears are tasty

giphy.gif