What's with the random, drastic difficulty spike in GC?

124Next

Replies

• Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    I'm 7 short of the max crate, I don't feel like remodding and trying more, so I'll take what I get and move on. Last GC I maxed out in 2 attempts.
    But flat out stating that this rewards players who "invested" in BB is kind of a crappy way to put it to those who don't. It really just rubs it in people's noses.
    And yet at the same time I get it. ... oooh look shiny, pretty thing!

Didn’t remod anyone. Didn’t use any BB, had a gear 7 Cody as my 5th and got max crate. Used the same clones to underman T9 as well so definitely no BB needed for this one. You just don’t have the strategy nailed down

Or your mods are better/faster than mine, or relic'd higher. Who knows. So far the strategy for me is seeing which clone dies first (usually Cody).
    Like I said, I don't care enough about GC's for max rewards these days. I just get what I get and move one.

Our clones are the same level. My Fives is one level higher than yours and your Rex is one level higher than mine but you are right my mods are a little better. I used this strat to do it, I know you said you weren’t bothered but thought I’d try to help anyway.

us3c6qt5w1pl.png
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Thanks for the guidance. I actually got tier 9 completed before reading this, so now I'm 1 away. In tier 10 I get it down to the Fetts and Mando and then lose. So maybe I'll have to do some remodding if I REALLY want to max it out.

I edited it with the note that Echo should go after Rex for the buff dispell grenade so you can actually focus Greef if you wanna follow that strategy.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    I'm 7 short of the max crate, I don't feel like remodding and trying more, so I'll take what I get and move on. Last GC I maxed out in 2 attempts.
    But flat out stating that this rewards players who "invested" in BB is kind of a crappy way to put it to those who don't. It really just rubs it in people's noses.

Didn’t remod anyone. Didn’t use any BB, had a gear 7 Cody as my 5th and got max crate. Used the same clones to underman T9 as well so definitely no BB needed for this one. You just don’t have the strategy nailed down

Or your mods are better/faster than mine, or relic'd higher. Who knows. So far the strategy for me is seeing which clone dies first (usually Cody).
    Like I said, I don't care enough about GC's for max rewards these days. I just get what I get and move one.

Our clones are the same level. My Fives is one level higher than yours and your Rex is one level higher than mine but you are right my mods are a little better. I used this strat to do it, I know you said you weren’t bothered but thought I’d try to help anyway.

us3c6qt5w1pl.png

Thanks. I SHOULD be working but now I'm attempting this and it's been rough. Generally every other GC I max out which is why I don't get too annoyed at it all. But now being 1 away, of course that changes things :p
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

us3c6qt5w1pl.png

Thanks. I SHOULD be working but now I'm attempting this and it's been rough. Generally every other GC I max out which is why I don't get too annoyed at it all. But now being 1 away, of course that changes things :p

I know the feeling. I was one away before I managed to underman T9. No way was I putting it down until it was done
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

us3c6qt5w1pl.png

I know the feeling. I was one away before I managed to underman T9. No way was I putting it down until it was done

Seriously. Last GC I maxed out in 2 attempts.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Fortunately you're someone who shares his swgoh.gg in his signature so we can take a look.
    Your clones are all relic 5 which is fine.
    ARC is fine (speed is not too slow, offense is good for r5 and no off% on cross).
    Fives --> remod for 3x health sets and speed/health secondaries to make your clones more durable when he sacrifices (hopefully not too soon, him tanking a few hits early on helps)
    Echo --> more speed and preferably a CD set with an offense cross and CD triangle
    Rex --> more speed (speed + health set) and preferably health primaries

1) Rex should go first after Jango (basic or burn are ok, rocket preferably should target Fives) and use his cleanse and TM boost
    2) focus down Greef with all attacks (call ARC as assist with Fives as the turret will assist and take away an additional stack of True Defense)
    3) give the turret to Rex (fastest char)
    4) spam all your other specials
    5) once Greef is down you can work on Boba or Mando (personally I preferred to focus Boba as I was afraid of an execute, Mando is more squishy tho I think so he might be better/easier to take down for some lower geared clones)
    6) Rexilate Bossk in the meantime
    7) take down Mando/Boba (whoever you focused after Greef)
    8) wait for next Rexilate (preferable target is Jango as he's quite tanky) and spam attacks and take out Mando/Boba (whoever is left)
    9) take out Jango last
    Legend91 wrote: »

Fortunately you're someone who shares his swgoh.gg in his signature so we can take a look.
    Your clones are all relic 5 which is fine.
    ARC is fine (speed is not too slow, offense is good for r5 and no off% on cross).
    Fives --> remod for 3x health sets and speed/health secondaries to make your clones more durable when he sacrifices (hopefully not too soon, him tanking a few hits early on helps)
    Echo --> more speed and preferably a CD set with an offense cross and CD triangle
    Rex --> more speed (speed + health set) and preferably health primaries

1) Rex should go first after Jango (basic or burn are ok, rocket preferably should target Fives) and use his cleanse and TM boost
    2) focus down Greef with all attacks (call ARC as assist with Fives as the turret will assist and take away an additional stack of True Defense)
    3) give the turret to Rex (fastest char)
    4) spam all your other specials
    5) once Greef is down you can work on Boba or Mando (personally I preferred to focus Boba as I was afraid of an execute, Mando is more squishy tho I think so he might be better/easier to take down for some lower geared clones)
    6) Rexilate Bossk in the meantime
    7) take down Mando/Boba (whoever you focused after Greef)
    8) wait for next Rexilate (preferable target is Jango as he's quite tanky) and spam attacks and take out Mando/Boba (whoever is left)
    9) take out Jango last

Thanks for the guidance. I actually got tier 9 completed before reading this, so now I'm 1 away. In tier 10 I get it down to the Fetts and Mando and then lose. So maybe I'll have to do some remodding if I REALLY want to max it out.

I struggled a little until I ran with Fives lead. Then got it first try.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I did it with R3 Fives and g12 everyone else. Remodded of course.

The strat that worked for me finally was to put extra potency on Rex so his tmr on basic would stick better and focus down Jango first to prevent him taking a turn. Use fives to call Rex assist, etc. Sarge had potency to, but only ever got off one good AoE. It still helped control everyone though. Turret clears Taunt off Bossk so that doesn’t matter much if you don't have a chance to tm control him. Once Jango was gone it was easier. Ended up with just Rex and the turret at the end, but Aerial Advantage was definitely handy.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    If using the 501st clones, I’d advise checking out the event modifier and consider how it might interact with a different leader ability (like 5s...)
    Rex lead works too (that is how I did it the first time) but stacking up Dauntless Courage is where it is at!
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

us3c6qt5w1pl.png

Seriously. Last GC I maxed out in 2 attempts.

Same here, I almost did it all in one but I lost one toon to the event modifier 1 turn before the end