Separatist teams

sPeaKeasy
2 posts Member
edited May 2021
So there are 15 separatist characters. What teams do you guys allocate these to?

Right now my 3 5 character squads are
GG, B1, Magna, B2, Deka
The 5 Bugs
Nute, Jango, Dooku, Wat, ??

Assajj use to be on Nute's team but since I finished NS, she is now hanging with her sisters

I've thought about leveling Ig88 and switching him with Deka on GG team so Deka can go with Nute but I'm wondering how you guys all handle these teams?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• If you're not using BH and Jango stays with the Nute team, you need a random tank to round it out. Dooku stealths all non-seps, so if the tank is not a sep, all the better. Which is good because you don't have any left

Stormtrooper Han goes phenomenally here. He'll remove TM and with the zeta gains a ton of survivability, so he meshes very well. Kylo Ren Unmasked is another nice one. Especially since he has a pre-taunt and can heal back a bunch of health. But really any tank will work, and again since Dooku stealths non-seps you don't need a tank with an active taunt. That means Plo Koon or Mace would work if you're on a major budget
  • Oh and using Wat there obviously means whatever tank you do use perma-taunts when you get the tech out as long as they have protection
  • If you're not using BH and Jango stays with the Nute team, you need a random tank to round it out. Dooku stealths all non-seps, so if the tank is not a sep, all the better. Which is good because you don't have any left

Stormtrooper Han goes phenomenally here. He'll remove TM and with the zeta gains a ton of survivability, so he meshes very well. Kylo Ren Unmasked is another nice one. Especially since he has a pre-taunt and can heal back a bunch of health. But really any tank will work, and again since Dooku stealths non-seps you don't need a tank with an active taunt. That means Plo Koon or Mace would work if you're on a major budget

Very good input. I was too concerned with a seperatist to get Nute's leadership but a non sep tank is definitely the way to go when wat and dooku's stealth is considered
    STH was one of my first characters I built so that would be pretty cool to work him in there too.

Thanks
  • @sPeaKeasy
    If you are just finishing NS and swapping these around sounds like you are in the 3.5 million range.

That range still has dummies that lose entire GAC due to not knowing how to handle Dooku led Nest. If you have a good 1.
  • What about putting Wat with Grevious and Droideka and L3 under Nute? L3 is phenominal and with Droideka in there you make use of her zeta and add a nuke button to your team
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    I use Nest
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    nest, L3, shoretrooper, stormtrooper han are all good choices. However, I don't use my nute and dooku that much in 5v5 because I use my wat often in other teams. And my jango is only G9
  • Gobe
    10 posts Member
    i just changed my separatist teams.
    5 geos
    GG B2 B1 IG100 Nute
    Wat is with Vader

The Team i am working on and which should be really annoying is this one.
    Dooku Jango Droideka Nest
    who would fit in there as a fifth? Jango needs to be on +0 speed/potency i think and tons of potency on Nest. A lot of people jump in with tm removal teams and cant finish the fight if Jango doesnt take a turn.
  • Gobe wrote: »
    i just changed my separatist teams.
    5 geos
    GG B2 B1 IG100 Nute
    Wat is with Vader

The Team i am working on and which should be really annoying is this one.
    Dooku Jango Droideka Nest
    who would fit in there as a fifth? Jango needs to be on +0 speed/potency i think and tons of potency on Nest. A lot of people jump in with tm removal teams and cant finish the fight if Jango doesnt take a turn.

Do you mean tenacity by potency.

Potency --> chance to apply detrimental effects

Tenacity --> chance to resist detrimental effects
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • I would put BB-8 with GG and move Nute to lead Jango/ Nest
    3v3 FTW
  • Gobe
    10 posts Member
    sorry i always mix them. yes tenacity of course.
    BB8 just plays so well with JTR but i guess you are right and thats the way :smile:
  • All of this is highly dependent upon your GP and GAC division, especially with the new divisions.

If lower divisions and still kinda noob opponents:
    If you have zNute, and zDooku, I would just run zNute Dooku w/e 2 non-tank seps and a tank or Nest. I sometimes put just a level 1 toon in here to die immediately next to the tank. If you put GG in there with a level 1 intended to die, it's a great way to start with refreshing his AOE if the speeds are right.

Geos minus sunfac + DDk

Droids.

You are not likely to get any holds with seps against veteran players. Your best bet is to make them burn good teams.

If you pair Nest behind Dooku Nute, and your Dooku Nute is fast enough with Nute getting extortion, your opponent will have to bring a strong game.

DDK with Geos makes your opponent get away less easily using Triumvirate the right speeds and charge built up, DDK can possibly 1 shot any 3 of the Triumvirate, and your opponent has to wait to kill DDK unless they bring a good 4th and 5th. Either way, it is a complexity that your enemy has to deal with. Last 1 just depends on your roster and what you used in the other 2 teams.

I would not take Ig88 past G12 unless you are going to run his ship with Malevolence. I heard high relic Ig88 ship is 1 of the hardest hitting in game behind Malevolence, and his zeta is actually useful.

• Gobe
    10 posts Member
    thx for the input. i am at 6.5m gp with 2 GL. just got all the "normal" chars to 7* :smile:
    I always use IG88 with Male because the hyena bomber gets more armor (not sure on details) if hes in reinforcements but actually you first call spy/soldier and then the fight is normally over anyway.
    I dont set geos on defense so no need to change the geo team.

Its just always good to have an annoying team on defense in case the opponent doesnt take care and choose the wrong team to fight against - but it should hold in that case and thats where Jango/Nest comes into play.

Often people just take CLS/Imp Troops or other tm removal teams and run against a Nest or KRU team.
    reviving Vandor Chewbacca is another one that can hold if you take the wrong team but mine is not geared.
    Zombie/Akolyte is out of the game cause there are to many AoE's, are there some other teams that come to your mind where you time out if you attack with the wrong team?