Oops I did it again

ConnorMcLurk
98 posts Member
edited May 2021
It didnt happen for a VERY long time now, but today I accidentally hit that GAC Join button before putting Mods on my Top 30 or so characters. Since I constantly tinker around with my mods, I now have 2 modless GL, modless Vader, DR, JTR, 6 modless Imptrooper and so on. Just to name a few.

So i figured it was time to bring out the old demand for a retreat button like the one we have in TW. It would REALLY save a lot of headache. Thanks.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    don't do that next time.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Ouch
  • It didnt happen for a VERY long time now, but today I accidentally hit that GAC Join button before putting Mods on my Top 30 or so characters. Since I constantly tinker around with my mods, I now have 2 modless GL, modless Vader, DR, JTR, 6 modless Imptrooper and so on. Just to name a few.

So i figured it was time to bring out the old demand for a retreat button like the one we have in TW. It would REALLY save a lot of headache. Thanks.

Thank u for not having CG Stockholm Syndrome and demanding they dedocate just an hour toward "are you sure???" confirmation which is sooooo hard.

• CCyrilS wrote: »
    don't do that next time.

Isn't it something that people somehow don't "don't do that next time"? Players of all experience levels will always do it as it is a bad design in the game that tells a lie, not a bad design in the players because they can't 100% dodge a horrible design forever.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Players of all experience levels will always do it as it is a bad design in the game that tells a lie, not a bad design in the players because they can't 100% dodge a horrible design forever.

I've never done it. I'll let you know if I do, but so far, you're wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I don't tinker with mods, every toon i'm going to use always have its own mods. Even when remodding i'm making sure that no one is left without afterwards. So no, this didn't happen to me even once.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • MrSender
    79 posts Member
    Sounds like a you problem.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Players of all experience levels will always do it as it is a bad design in the game that tells a lie, not a bad design in the players because they can't 100% dodge a horrible design forever.

I've never done it. I'll let you know if I do, but so far, you're wrong.

The only way you could interpret "players of all experience levels will always do it" as "all players, of all experience levels including a dude called TVF and especially him, will always do it" is that you spend far more time on your response than actually reading the material you are responding to.
  • Julian_Sixty_Six
    108 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    MrSender wrote: »
    Sounds like a you problem.

Exactly. Because he's the only one who has done this thing, as evidenced by the countless threads about it that don't exist. Oh wait, they do. For everyone 1 person who bothers to complain about it there are 1,000 probably who have done it and also hate it who don't want to get bludgeoned by the Stockholm Syndrome on this forums.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Good luck with your future GAC joins.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I've never done it either.

I just always double check my entire (relevant) roster before I join anything.
    I've even accidentally done it before conquest, where it doesn't matter lol.

I also don't "accidentally buy things", or "accidentally close things without saving them" or the countless other things that I always see people "complain" that they "accidentally" did, that are incredibly easy to just think for all of 2 seconds before pressing a button "do I mean to do this now?".

Try actually focusing on what you're doing, and thinking things through BEFORE doing them. You'll make a lot less mistakes in life. And this goes for quite literally next to everything.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    I'd settle for a "confirm" button.

v0lxub8i80bv.jpg
  • I played with your heart

Got lost in the game

Ooo baby baby
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I played with your heart

Got lost in the game

Ooo baby baby

Also, don't do that next time.
  • Didnt happen this time (yay). Also as a side notice: It didnt happen while trying to join, but by accident. I know players from all kinds of experience levels who have mistakenly joined GAC so it isnt restricted to newbies or whatever. If it didnt happen to you: Fine and good for you, dont bother reading or posting here. Just go ahead, there is nothing to see for you here.

It cant be that hard to at least program a confirmation button. That sounds like trainees work.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Are you a trainee?
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    What if this isn’t a simple binary issue - players could exercise greater caution about joining *and* the devs could make what seems like a petty easy tweak to limit the frequency of this happening?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Happened to me once, but not at this magnitude. So you’re not totally alone.
  • I went to check my last round, thought I was still within the review period. Apparently was 15 min late, joined instead. I had remove 40% of my mods sorting for Kam mission.

All it needs is a confirm prompt, that seems to easy.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    MBRedline wrote: »
    I went to check my last round, thought I was still within the review period. Apparently was 15 min late, joined instead. I had remove 40% of my mods sorting for Kam mission.

All it needs is a confirm prompt, that seems to easy.

Would be nice. I did the same thing, assuming that it was still the review period, and didn't realize that I had locked in until after I pressed the button. There was no "confirm to join" button, and by the time I realized, it was too late.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.