any advice for a returning player ? please

Hi. Recently I decided to return and I think I need some advice on squad and gear progress.
My gg: https://swgoh.gg/p/779746157/. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Lookash! I'm by no means an expert here, but I can share some advice from my PoV that I think will be of use to you.

You seem to have two factions you've been focusing on: Imperials and Rebels. Your current Arena team is a mix of both (your strongest characters, maybe?) and that's really not ideal. I wonder if you're also using this team in the other game modes.

Your imperial team should be led by Emperor Palpatine, with a Zeta on his leader ability, it's much better than Tarkin. You can round up that squad with Tarkin, Thrawn, Vader, and maybe Dooku. Then for Rebels (currently) you can have CLS, R2, Leia, Biggs, Wedge.

In order to greatly improve this Rebel squad, you can go for Chewbacca. For that you need 5 Bounty Hunters that can be Bossk (L) (zeta), Boba, Cad, Zam, and Dengar. I've been told Dengar is fundamental in this event to keep opponents from stealthing and being able to defeat Chewbacca first. When you do this, both Chewbacca and Han Solo would enter this main Rebel squad.

Looking at your characters it seems like you're also making progress on JKR. He's also great, and will go great with Hermit Yoda, who you already have at 7*. He doesn't seem too far for you, and would be interesting for you to pursue him as well.

I'll let the more experienced players comment on this, but I feel you can focus on one team at a time, growing that team to increase its usefulness, and then moving into another cohesive team to have multiple good teams, which are very useful in Raids, TW, GAC, and now Conquest.
  • Options
    Hi Zumwan. Big thank you for taking time and looking into my characters roster. After being away from the game for a long time, new characters as well as the balance of power between old and new ones for me still is a bit of a mystery. I quitted around Sept 2019 while I was struggling to get JTR and Ewok squad for 3CP0. I can see that a lot have changed hence my question for an advice. At the moment I set my goals on taking Vader to the relic level as my first character that will reach it, and getting JKR as I noticed how powerful he is in the right squad. After that I planning to finish farming and reaching a decent lev for my Ewok team. Is it a good idea to chase C3P0 or should I postpone it, until im ready to get Padme? Also Im farming BH but I wasn’t considered a Dengar in but Aurra instead and maybe putting her in the leader spot. Would this work or is it just a miss idea and wasting time? And lastly- Should I try to gear up and zeta Raid Han Solo as I wanted to reach possibility of doing solo HAAT or this squad CLS, R2D2 and Han is already outdated? I joined a guild that is not even in the early mid game progress stage and wanted to do as best as I can in raid and other activity. Im struggling in the sith raid, but it is due my lack of experience in it and yet not gaining idea of what would be the best team for each stage of it from my set up. Again thank you for your advices and time.
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    I've been told the optimal Rebel squad is CLS, C3PO, Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Threepio & Chewie (new toon), so zetaing Han (and going after C3PO) does make sense. Taking Vader to relic also makes a lot of sense, he'll deal a lot of damage, but you should use him under EP as a Leader.

You should try to look for another Guild that's performing better, there should be one willing to take you in. It will give you much-needed guild currency and materials.

I can't tell you about Aurra, as I don't know, but Dengar is apparently great at the Chewbacca event, and easy to farm as you can get him using the Guild currency (assuming you get into a better guild).

You won't have many of the teams mentioned here, but you can look into this guide to see what you should be doing in each of the phases of the Sith Triunvirate raid. https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-guides/sith-triumvirate-raid-guide/sith-triumvirate-raid-phase-1-teams-strategy/

• Options
    Once again thanks for your advices. Have to do some serious thinking about guild changing. It’s very true that boost form strong guild is far more grater than from a beginner one. And now back to grinding.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    I've been told the optimal Rebel squad is CLS, C3PO, Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Threepio & Chewie (new toon), so zetaing Han (and going after C3PO) does make sense. Taking Vader to relic also makes a lot of sense, he'll deal a lot of damage, but you should use him under EP as a Leader.

You should try to look for another Guild that's performing better, there should be one willing to take you in. It will give you much-needed guild currency and materials.

I can't tell you about Aurra, as I don't know, but Dengar is apparently great at the Chewbacca event, and easy to farm as you can get him using the Guild currency (assuming you get into a better guild).

You won't have many of the teams mentioned here, but you can look into this guide to see what you should be doing in each of the phases of the Sith Triunvirate raid. https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-guides/sith-triumvirate-raid-guide/sith-triumvirate-raid-phase-1-teams-strategy/

Dengar is useful in Chewbacca event because he prevents R2 from putting everyone in stealth.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options
    As far as Aurra is concerned, she is really pretty useless in the Chewie event. Near as I can tell, her lead does not function there and nothing else she does is particularly helpful there. She has some use elsewhere, but is not a priority BH to farm.

Dengar, on the other hand is vital imo. I actually completed the event without Bossk, (who would have made it much easier), which would not have happened without Dengar. It's an annoying farm, but so worth it for that event.
  • Options
    Thaks guys/ (gals?) :D You convinced me to go for Dengar, he looks like good addition to BH squad even outside the event. True hes painfull to farm , and taking precious guild curency but in the end I think he will be worth it. Hopefully it wont take me ages to get him to 7*. Should I also invest in the near future to get Bigs and Wege even further with gear or should I dont bother and leave them as they are. Im asking about this as they are my primary pilots atm but they dont do a very good job with all that crap flying around.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Don't waste too much gear on Wiggs until you're going to unlock GL Luke. Instead you should gear pilots that will help you more for a longer period of time like Bossk(HT). You'll also want Bossk at g12 for Chewie's event.
  • Options
    One can say " a bit too late". They already geared up to tier XI and X. Im working toward 7* Bossk and hes ship. They are on the top of my bucket list :) beeing away for such a long time put me back in a grinding mode. now focus is the most important, that is what I found out the first time I played.