Future of galactic legends

Prev134
Aluxtu
420 posts Member
Where do a lot of players see galactic legends going forward?

Balance issues - I love that the first 4 are semi balanced and each can reach rank 1 but see an issue in arena if they can all compete since it remains the #1 crystal source.

Longevity: while light side can still mass produce hard to acquire GLs, they have almost 50 more characters then dark side. While I would love to see an uptick in dark side characters produced, dropping massive amounts in order to continue the dual releases seems like a stretch. What are some ways you see them addressing this?

Finally, galactic legend ships. I'd this something others would like to see brought to the game? I would love to see red 5 added plus some but with most end game players having all ships maxed I would imagine they would need to do another overhaul in some way to add challenges in this capacity.

Replies

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    There is still additional runway left for more GLs.

Empire
    Rebels
    BH
    Droid
    Mando
    Scoundrel
    Separatist

Once they have visited most of these factions we will need a tier above GL.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is still additional runway left for more GLs.

Empire
    Rebels
    BH
    Droid
    Mando
    Scoundrel
    Separatist

Once they have visited most of these factions we will need a tier above GL.

I believe part of the point is that, we run out of toons to be requirements to try and fill in all those factions.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »

Longevity: while light side can still mass produce hard to acquire GLs, they have almost 50 more characters then dark side. While I would love to see an uptick in dark side characters produced, dropping massive amounts in order to continue the dual releases seems like a stretch. What are some ways you see them addressing this?

They can always overlap required toons that just need more relic levels
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, like KAM will be needed at r5 for kenobi, but r8 for next jedi GL
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

😑
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You spelled r12 wrong.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

You spelled r12 wrong.

Is that first spelling, or the second spelling that is wrong?

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Well, the balance can't stay forever in the current setup, if all GLs are balanced, the arena will soon be a horrible mess where everyone can fall to the 100s or worse overnight. So either there will be power creep with GLs which are pretty high in power already, or the setup changes and the focus (and crystal income) moves away from arena. I would definitely prefer the second option.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Well, the balance can't stay forever in the current setup, if all GLs are balanced, the arena will soon be a horrible mess where everyone can fall to the 100s or worse overnight.

"will soon be"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well, the balance can't stay forever in the current setup, if all GLs are balanced, the arena will soon be a horrible mess where everyone can fall to the 100s or worse overnight. So either there will be power creep with GLs which are pretty high in power already, or the setup changes and the focus (and crystal income) moves away from arena. I would definitely prefer the second option.

3rd option would be rounds of "DR/Malak" style pairs for GLs that will help push one or more, but not all of them a bit higher as far as META is concerned.

We all know something is coming, TVF has been unhappy long enough.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    We all know something is coming, TVF has been unhappy long enough.

Please be a paycheck please be a paycheck please be a paycheck.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    makes no sense that the new gl's are supposed to be on par with these. What's the point then?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Stop with that. ALL OF YOU! STOP JINXING IT
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah CCyrilS

He won't likely be needed for the next jedi GL but also the Sith GL
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Not sure which arena you are in but if players in my arena leave SEE in by accident most will fall past 100 overnight. SLKR is routinely past 50 from top 5. I don't even bother climbing much anymore since having to do 10 or so fights every day is a massive chore.
    Post edited by Straegen on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Straegen wrote: »

Not sure which arena you are in but if you leave SEE in by accident most will fall past 100 overnight in mine. SLKR is routinely past 50 from top 5. I don't even bother climbing much anymore since having to do 10 or so fights every day is a massive chore.

I guess I'm lucky when I rarely drop out of top 50, even on an old shard. I'm using JML though, not sure how far other teams drop.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky when I rarely drop out of top 50, even on an old shard. I'm using JML though, not sure how far other teams drop.

Most in my shard have 3-4 GLs. With JML I typically get knocked back near 50 same with Rey. Bast lead JML tends to keep me in the 30s but that is because most players hate slogging through that fight not because it is difficult. My arena top 100 is wall to wall GLs.

• Morgoth01
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Arena is indeed super stale. Seems to be a good bit of luck in how tough/active shards are.
    A guildie of mine rarely drop out of top 30 and he is from a very early days shard.
    I’m in a late 2017 shard and routinely drop out of top 50 regardless of what I leave on D.
    And the deal is not getting better as more and more players creep up with their new GL.
  • Fishey
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Another issue is GAC. Right now it's mildly interesting to see how many GLs were put on defense or saved for offense. Unless they put a cap on the number of GLs that can be brought into Grand Arena, the strat could eventually just be put a dozen GLs on defense and still have a dozen left over for offense.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Fishey wrote: »
    Another issue is GAC. Right now it's mildly interesting to see how many GLs were put on defense or saved for offense. Unless they put a cap on the number of GLs that can be brought into Grand Arena, the strat could eventually just be put a dozen GLs on defense and still have a dozen left over for offense.

The increase in the number of defensive slots should help with that. Besides, as long as the numbers are roughly even (and a situation where one player has 20 GLs and one 0 is extremely unlikely to happen), it doesn't really matter if the teams are GL or not.
  • Nema_schartwz
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    What we need it a bounty hunter raid, like galactic bounties, that we can do twice a month and the rewards are crystals, impulse detectors, and shards for jabba and crumb for completing. Then that can lead us in to gl boba fett
  • Options
    I don’t think we should have a sort of unlimited flow of GLs, one per faction or similar pattern ... who should they be?
    A character should have a certain “dimension” in SW lore to be called Legend..... if too much people are special, nobody is special 😬
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t think we should have a sort of unlimited flow of GLs, one per faction or similar pattern ... who should they be?
    A character should have a certain “dimension” in SW lore to be called Legend..... if too much people are special, nobody is special 😬

This does seem to be the pattern they will follow. I dont tuinkt hey have any plans of flooding GLs into the game. We will hit a critical mass here soon enough and then we will see some progression either beyond or incorporating them as the " later plan "
  • Options
    Yeah let's just hope we don't get a new version of the characters called beyond galactic Legend XD
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah let's just hope we don't get a new version of the characters called beyond galactic Legend XD

Mythic heros.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Mythic heros.

Challenge Tier Legend Heroes.
  • LordDirt
    5004 posts Member
    Options
    Figured CG wanted arena to be more chaotic so I dont see an end to this madness.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Mythic heros.

Challenge Tier Legend Heroes.

That should be the title of the NS hero.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Figured CG wanted arena to be more chaotic so I dont see an end to this madness.

I feel like it was a necessary situation to roll them out effectively, before going back to a cycle of meta drives again. But that's just me.
  • LordDirt
    5004 posts Member
    Options
    Figured they would stick to the rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock for the arena from here on out. No more stale arenas and anyone can climb at any time. Keeps players playing the game longer.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?