Future of galactic legends

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Figured they would stick to the rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock for the arena from here on out. No more stale arenas and anyone can climb at any time. Keeps players playing the game longer.

That's funny, because I am surprised it lasted as long as it has.

I think the anyone can climb part in particular counters your own "keep players playing the game longer" remark. Some people like an advantage and work very hard to get it (and/or $$$).
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Figured they would stick to the rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock for the arena from here on out. No more stale arenas and anyone can climb at any time. Keeps players playing the game longer.

I think the anyone can climb part in particular counters your own "keep players playing the game longer" remark. Some people like an advantage and work very hard to get it (and/or $$$).

As a game company, I would think they would want hundreds of people in arena shards to be able to have a shot at the top rather than 20 like it was for years. This hope gets people to spend money on GLs knowing they have a shot at the top. If you go back to the way it was, it benefitted the hardcore player and spender and it left a lot of people out in the cold.

It's like gambling, you have to give people hope that they can win otherwise why would they want to play and why would they want to spend money?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    What we need it a bounty hunter raid, like galactic bounties, that we can do twice a month and the rewards are crystals, impulse detectors, and shards for jabba and crumb for completing. Then that can lead us in to gl boba fett

yes please. Jabba and Crumb ftw
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    What we need it a bounty hunter raid, like galactic bounties, that we can do twice a month and the rewards are crystals, impulse detectors, and shards for jabba and crumb for completing. Then that can lead us in to gl boba fett

Watch your profanity!
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Could be cool
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Not sure about that. If you don’t need any new character in order to stay at the top of pvp (arena and gac), things can get pretty stale and repetitive. And that’s exactly what’s going on right now. We’ll see if the next GL batch shakes things up !

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

As a game company, I would think they would want hundreds of people in arena shards to be able to have a shot at the top rather than 20 like it was for years. This hope gets people to spend money on GLs knowing they have a shot at the top. If you go back to the way it was, it benefitted the hardcore player and spender and it left a lot of people out in the cold.

It's like gambling, you have to give people hope that they can win otherwise why would they want to play and why would they want to spend money?

People can always go for the top, and some peoples top spot is at a different level than others.

The current situation doesnt really do what you are saying, people at 200-300 aren't suddenly all going for 1. Yes some of them may, but there are players who have always been in the 100s and that is not changing just due to having a GL.

If that's what you think the goal is, I guess, here I though people were playing because they like the game, and I know for a fact that not everyone cares about arena to the same degree, no matter how developed their roster is.
  • Kyno wrote: »

People can always go for the top, and some peoples top spot is at a different level than others.

The current situation doesnt really do what you are saying, people at 200-300 aren't suddenly all going for 1. Yes some of them may, but there are players who have always been in the 100s and that is not changing just due to having a GL.

If that's what you think the goal is, I guess, here I though people were playing because they like the game, and I know for a fact that not everyone cares about arena to the same degree, no matter how developed their roster is.

Those crystals matter.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Those crystals matter.

Agree, but I think we have all met someone, who doesn't care as much as many of us do.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Crystals are what makes the game go. Unless you are dropping loads of cash on gear or crystals then arenas matter.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Those crystals matter.

Agree, but I think we have all met someone, who doesn't care as much as many of us do.

I am that someone 🙃
    Crystals are what makes the game go. Unless you are dropping loads of cash on gear or crystals then arenas matter.
    Nah. I just farm and get what I get when I get it. I finish in the top 100 because I farmed Rey for a very very very long time, usually finish high Aurodium or low Kyber in GAC. Real close--as in maybe a month from now--to finishing the Luke requirements. Don't spend money, don't even spend much on refreshes, just 50 a day for more regular energy. Soon to be 100 for more cantina energy since I'm almost out of characters to farm again.

The point is that this game is whatever you make of it. If you're into arena, then that's spectacular and awesome and I give you many pats on the back. But that's not me. I'm sure that's not for a lot of people that play, but it is for a lot of people on the forum.

EDIT: Interestingly, I'll say this--I've been playing since February 2016. All my friends who started before me were hardcore about arena and finishing 1st, and dropped buckets on winning tournaments when those happened. I'm still here, they're not. When I started posting on this forum there were hundreds of people who sought every minor edge to finish 48th instead of 49th, even though the payouts were the same, and jumped from guild to guld to get raid Han and General Kenobi as soon as possible, they're mostly gone and I'm still here. Highest I ever finished was like 20th or something, and got as far as 1st in fleet once before being knocked back to 3rd before payout. Still here, still having fun.

The game's what you make of it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Well, if they've any plans to release a new raid (not a reskin), they can design a GL specific for that raid but not so much in arena. Make the raid extremely difficult and has very good rewards
  • Hi, been gone for a year. Has anything gotten better? Specifically, Mace..
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hi, been gone for a year. Has anything gotten better? Specifically, Mace..

Let's see... SLKR is still the best GL, fleet meta is still the same, and Mace... Well, it might be better not to talk about Mace. The closest thing to a rework was an April fools joke.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Let's see... SLKR is still the best GL, fleet meta is still the same, and Mace... Well, it might be better not to talk about Mace. The closest thing to a rework was an April fools joke.

Technically they did make mace more useful... :neutral:
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Technically they did make mace more useful... :neutral:

Like...Rose?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    JML says hello to your SLKR @Nauros
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Yes, they made Mace a requirement for JMK. B)
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Well, the balance can't stay forever in the current setup, if all GLs are balanced, the arena will soon be a horrible mess where everyone can fall to the 100s or worse overnight. So either there will be power creep with GLs which are pretty high in power already, or the setup changes and the focus (and crystal income) moves away from arena. I would definitely prefer the second option.

It’s already like that in my shard.
  • Larx wrote: »
    JML says hello to your SLKR @Nauros

There is not a single JML line up that slkr can't beat lol
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    What would people think about a character specifically designed to synergize with each GL? With specific character-named synergies over tag-related ones?

A Ben Skywalker for Rey, a Dark Rey / Vision-Phantasm Rey for SLKR, Pryde for SEE (or perhaps SLKR), and... perhaps a General Leia or Force Ghost Yoda or something for JML?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    What would people think about a character specifically designed to synergize with each GL? With specific character-named synergies over tag-related ones?

A Ben Skywalker for Rey, a Dark Rey / Vision-Phantasm Rey for SLKR, Pryde for SEE (or perhaps SLKR), and... perhaps a General Leia or Force Ghost Yoda or something for JML?

Ben solo should be a character imo, dark rey was a trailer fodder hard pass.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

A Kam for JMK ?
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Sort of. I’m thinking more direct-character synergy though. (Like JKA’s “if Padme is an ally” abilities.)
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    My issue is, why are jedis getting two GLs, while theres factions that have no thought. JML already has one of the best teams (Thanks to his overly tuned jedi friends), why not a sep GL, nightsister, Bounty hunters, empire, the lis goes on

Jedi have been the main focus since the beginning of Star Wars.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    My issue is, why are jedis getting two GLs, while theres factions that have no thought. JML already has one of the best teams (Thanks to his overly tuned jedi friends), why not a sep GL, nightsister, Bounty hunters, empire, the lis goes on

Yeah, but jedi are not all star wars have to offer...

My guess is JMK will be more focused around Galactic Republic than Jedi, but we’ll see.

I’m also guessing the next GL will be separatist. Dooku or Sidious seem like the best options, but I doubt they’re going to do 2 palpatine GLs so close to each other. Maybe GG too, but Dooku and Sidious are just so bad compared to GG right now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yeah, but jedi are not all star wars have to offer...

My guess is JMK will be more focused around Galactic Republic than Jedi, but we’ll see.

I’m also guessing the next GL will be separatist. Dooku or Sidious seem like the best options, but I doubt they’re going to do 2 palpatine GLs so close to each other. Maybe GG too, but Dooku and Sidious are just so bad compared to GG right now.

I have been thinking that another reason they did this split is to have the second release of the DS GL coincide with or come after some airing of a preview or other material from the Kenobi series that will depict his enemy. But this would eliminate many of the commonly thought of counter parts for him, being that it is 10 years after Ep3.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

He will be GR