Future of galactic legends

Replies

• crzydroid
    7255 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    My issue is, why are jedis getting two GLs, while theres factions that have no thought. JML already has one of the best teams (Thanks to his overly tuned jedi friends), why not a sep GL, nightsister, Bounty hunters, empire, the lis goes on

Jedi have been the main focus since the beginning of Star Wars.

Yeah, but jedi are not all star wars have to offer...

My guess is JMK will be more focused around Galactic Republic than Jedi, but we’ll see.

I’m also guessing the next GL will be separatist. Dooku or Sidious seem like the best options, but I doubt they’re going to do 2 palpatine GLs so close to each other. Maybe GG too, but Dooku and Sidious are just so bad compared to GG right now.

I have been thinking that another reason they did this split is to have the second release of the DS GL coincide with or come after some airing of a preview or other material from the Kenobi series that will depict his enemy. But this would eliminate many of the commonly thought of counter parts for him, being that it is 10 years after Ep3.

His enemy in that show is his own guilt and remorse.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    My issue is, why are jedis getting two GLs, while theres factions that have no thought. JML already has one of the best teams (Thanks to his overly tuned jedi friends), why not a sep GL, nightsister, Bounty hunters, empire, the lis goes on

He will be GR

Yeah, but he'll also have a jedi tag 😝

But I'm sure his abilities will focus on Galactic Republic characters, possibly extra sauce on Galactic Republic Jedi characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »

My guess is JMK will be more focused around Galactic Republic than Jedi, but we’ll see.

I’m also guessing the next GL will be separatist. Dooku or Sidious seem like the best options, but I doubt they’re going to do 2 palpatine GLs so close to each other. Maybe GG too, but Dooku and Sidious are just so bad compared to GG right now.

A separatist GL agreed. GG with a cape or something would fit in with the revenge of the sith skin and theme that master kenobi will have. Plus GG and kenobi have that rivalry.

On the flip side the GG we have is already good and I can't see what they could do with him what hasn't already been done.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

I have been thinking that another reason they did this split is to have the second release of the DS GL coincide with or come after some airing of a preview or other material from the Kenobi series that will depict his enemy. But this would eliminate many of the commonly thought of counter parts for him, being that it is 10 years after Ep3.

His enemy in that show is his own guilt and remorse.

But we already have one grumpy old man running arena, do we need another??? (Not so old, but probably more grumpy)
  • Kyno wrote: »

No because according to the summary he will rematch Vader…. And Cody is supposed to hunt him down
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No because according to the summary he will rematch Vader…. And Cody is supposed to hunt him down

Ok, I am not up on the latest news, I try to avoid information until a show/movie is out.

I knew Vader would be involved, but as much as I would love a Vader GL, I'm just not sure that will be the case.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Ok, I am not up on the latest news, I try to avoid information until a show/movie is out.

I knew Vader would be involved, but as much as I would love a Vader GL, I'm just not sure that will be the case.

Who else, though? If we keep the assumption that it will be a direct counterpart, there is not much to choose from. And someone who shows up in the series without any mention anywhere else will imo hardly be worthy of a GL. And I'm not sure if there are any other known notable antagonists that would fit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Who else, though? If we keep the assumption that it will be a direct counterpart, there is not much to choose from. And someone who shows up in the series without any mention anywhere else will imo hardly be worthy of a GL. And I'm not sure if there are any other known notable antagonists that would fit.

The show is also after the CW, so there may be no relation to the show, I was just speculating on additional reasons to the gap, with what we are seeing from other recent releases.

If we stay in the CW era, then there are more options, so we will have to wait and see.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    While I would love to see an uptick in dark side characters produced, dropping massive amounts in order to continue the dual releases seems like a stretch. What are some ways you see them addressing this?
    GL can require GL, then it matters not if they'll do dual releases or not. They need to sell all characters eventually.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The show is also after the CW, so there may be no relation to the show, I was just speculating on additional reasons to the gap, with what we are seeing from other recent releases.

If we stay in the CW era, then there are more options, so we will have to wait and see.

There's no ambiguity about which era the next GL will be from, the RA said that we're exploring the Clone Wars and that it "will lead to a new round of Galactic Legends from the same era", meaning the Clone Wars
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There's no ambiguity about which era the next GL will be from, the RA said that we're exploring the Clone Wars and that it "will lead to a new round of Galactic Legends from the same era", meaning the Clone Wars

Yes, but if let's say it is Vader, and Vader is in the show also, they could still time things accordingly.

96ena588hd2n.jpg
  • Bro I'm just imagining them giving us a Mando GL with jet pack, but requiring us to r8 4 tuskens XD
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Bro I'm just imagining them giving us a Mando GL with jet pack, but requiring us to r8 4 tuskens XD

If it is Anakin as Lord Vader, you can bet your bottom dollar that Tuskens would be at least one of the requirements.

I’m not sure about the next GL being separatists, as the majority of the toons are actually good and most people would have them at G12 or beyond.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Bro I'm just imagining them giving us a Mando GL with jet pack, but requiring us to r8 4 tuskens XD

If it is Anakin as Lord Vader, you can bet your bottom dollar that Tuskens would be at least one of the requirements.

I’m not sure about the next GL being separatists, as the majority of the toons are actually good and most people would have them at G12 or beyond.

Yup, that's why I don't belive we are getting any rebels, separatist or old republic GL's.
    Everyone already have rebels at relic because JML, seps are just an amazing faction and needed for TB and all end game players already have 70% of that faction in relic. Old republic is just the king only 5 bad characters which are all gear 12 anyways because of the Malak requirements, do probably empire, scoundrels, mandalorian, and a big maybe for Bounty Hunters
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    What are you guys gonna do when you run out of GL's to add?
  • Banr_05
    51 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Then they will move on to something else, maybe vehicles idk

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not sure they can run out, it's not like they are at a really high pace of release, and they could revisit each faction with higher requirements when r15 is finally released.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

Not sure they can run out, it's not like they are at a really high pace of release, and they could revisit each faction with higher requirements when r15 is finally released.

I know you are kidding and then again not kidding about R15. And it terrifies me :p
    I can't wait for the day when we have GL Mouse Droid.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I know you are kidding and then again not kidding about R15. And it terrifies me :p

GL Gunk droid would be my favorite.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

GL Gunk droid would be my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0-dCLFadQ

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    GL Mouse Droid and GL Gonk Droid
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    "Gunk" droid is funnier though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    They can make a GL out of anyone. Boba, Leia, Hondo, Jar-Jar...
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member

Create a tier above GLs.

Rey Skywalker
    Ben Solo

Take it to the bank
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    By the time we use all we have in game at the moment, new movies/series should give CG more material.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KueChael wrote: »
    They can make a GL out of anyone. ..., Jar-Jar...

qe2lhnn7hl0z.jpg
  • Perhaps you should check out Ahnaldt's video with Endurance and Razor Crest at 5* taking top Negotiator fleets.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »

There has been speculation of a coming GL Dooku or GG
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

There has been speculation of a coming GL Dooku or GG

GL Dooku

Unique Ability "LOOK MA! NO HANDS!"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • GL GG

Unique "shot through the heart!!"