Essential mods other than speed

When farming mods I only keep mods with speed secondaries unless its a speed arrow.
Are there any other types of mod I should keep because of their rarity?

Replies

• SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    That’s a hard question to answer, but in general: health for healers, defense or protection for tanks, offense for attackers. But you still want speed except for a few exceptions.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    With the introduction of relics, % stats are now much better than flat stats. So when farming for offense mods, in addition to speed you want % offense over flat offense (though flat offense is fine too). People like 501st and Padme and GG want hp%.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Also keep in mind that you can't find mods anymore with the same primary and secondary. So for a square, which always has %offense for the primary, you will never fine %offense secondaries. So flat offense is what you want there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    *find
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's very case by case. For example, sometimes you want to mod a tank for tenacity, but other times for defense/protection/health. My suggestion is to look for the teams that they fit into, their abilities, etc.

I like to make characters that assist off of others have high offense, crit chance, and crit damage (for example Ahsoka, echo, chewbacca, chewpio, etc.)

I like to make tanks on teams that don't have too many cleansers have high tenacity, such as zaalbar and maybe magnaguard.

I like to make healers that heal based off of max health have high health.

You'll have to look into how you want your teams to be built, and then mod accordingly. However, I suggest every mod with the exception of maybe droideka, have at least a speed secondary on there (unless of course you are using a speed primary)
  • As an early player, you will probably want to consider keeping all Critical Damage primary triangles (regardless of Set type, though of course you will probably want an offense or crit damage set on those characters as well), even without a speed secondary (though of course a speed secondary is ideal, % offense and % crit chance are also highly valuable secondaries there), as it will be the preferred triangle for (almost all) your Attackers - then start working on a trading down system, handing down non-speed CD triangles to your B and C squads until you can replace them all with speed secondaries and start selling off the non-speeds

All 3 right side mods (arrow, triangle, and cross) have a considerably lower drop rate than left side mods, and with multiple primaries available for each shape, it can take a long time to build up a solid inventory there.

Honorable mention to ‘matching’ crosses as well (things like Tenacity Set with Tenacity Primary, Potency/potency, or offense/offense) - these can often go farther with specialized characters who need to avoid being stunned/ability blocked, land crucial debuffs, or just maximize damage output than a few more ticks of speed - and again, you can use a hand-me-down system as you eventually replace them with speed secondary mods of the same type.

Hope that helps!
  • TVF wrote: »
    Also keep in mind that you can't find mods anymore with the same primary and secondary. So for a square, which always has %offense for the primary, you will never fine %offense secondaries. So flat offense is what you want there.

I didn't know this. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I'd say Potency set Potency crosses - you honestly don't need that many of them, and many characters that want them are quite late game, but I've found I get far fewer of them than I'd expect to. Similarly, Tenacity set Tenacity crosses.

Many tanks can make use of non-speed mods, particularly if they have REALLY good hp/tenacity/protection/etc. secondaries.

GLs often want to prioritize stats that aren't speed. Like Rey and Health.
    So it's probably worth looking at which GLs you're currently interested in, and looking up what kind of mods they particularly want.

Additionally, there's a number of characters that want to prioritize offense even over speed, such as various characters that are called to assist or get most of their turns through bonus TM - GMY, Chewpio, Ahsoka, B1/B2, etc. - Especially if it's a team you use manually, rather than setting on defense. Obviously, these chars can also benefit from high speed, sometimes/often more, but it's always useful to have a couple sets of pure +offense mods. They're also incredibly useful in raids where you actually don't want to take as many turns as possible due to TM gain on hit.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Crit Damage or Offense mods with a lot of offense% or flat offense
    Tenacity mods with a lot of Tenacity%
    Health mods with a lot of Health%

Broadly speaking:
    Health, Defense and Tenacity mods you're encouraged to look for defensive stats
    Crir Damage, Crit Chance, Offense & Potency mods you'd like offensive stats
    Speed mods need speed

Generally it's more essential damage dealers deal damage, and tanks are survivable than be faster
    Just sell all Speed mods that don't roll more than once for speed secondaries.